Turn off Ad Block so Linus can eat!

mapexlegend

lol everyone who has adblock on takes up a small part in linus mouth enough people do it fills up and he cannot eat

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

I'm using IE9 so I don't even have an option for adblock :P

why on the heck are you using IE9?

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

i white-list his site for adblock, ghostery, disconnect etc but youtube thats still a no. when adblock for a certain youtuber comes around ill have no problem with it, but until then sorry linus =/ the internet is a vile place 

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I understand that i shouldn't use ad-block all the time but i have really slow internet, REALLY SLOW, like 1.5 mbps and so i hate to wait for ads to then have my video load it just takes a lot longer, but it's Linus and the team so i'll support..

never installed adblock .... i support all the free stuff :)

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I understand that i shouldn't use ad-block all the time but i have really slow internet, REALLY SLOW, like 1.5 mbps and so i hate to wait for ads to then have my video load it just takes a lot longer, but it's Linus and the team so i'll sup

i have 1mbps  :( 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

i have 1mbps  :(

ahaha mannnnnn i feel you, i don't even get the whole 2mbps because my brother uses it too, plus my isp SUCKS and its the only service there is in my area (at least for the while)

wow 812 days until he reaches 1 million subs

What in the heck are you talking about? He's nowhere near one million subs.

Edit: Nevermind, I checked out the first link.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Ever since I found social blade I found out how much youtubers earn roughly.

Look at linus's stats:

Assuming he gets money from all of those channels he gets a maximum of £300,000 a year.

Take of about £100,000 to account for ad blocker and thats still £200k a year.

Take off production costs and paying slick and diesel and that's £100k a year going straight to him.

Now lets half that so no-one can say I'm over exaggerating and that £50k.

Do you still think he can't eat with £50k a year going straight into his pocket.

It's not that high.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Does Linus accept tips or donations? I like the idea of just encouraging adblock users to donate $5 or $10 a year. The content creator makes more and the people who are ad sensitive don't have to deal with ads.

Ever since I found social blade I found out how much youtubers earn roughly.

Look at linus's stats:

Assuming he gets money from all of those channels he gets a maximum of £300,000 a year.

Take of about £100,000 to account for ad blocker and thats still £200k a year.

Take off production costs and paying slick and diesel and that's £100k a year going straight to him.

Now lets half that so no-one can say I'm over exaggerating and that £50k.

Do you still think he can't eat with £50k a year going straight into his pocket.

You can't just assume he makes ad revenue from all of those channels. Why would NCIXcom get him money?

Regardless of how much he makes he deserves all of it for the work he does.  I rely on ads for some of my apps so I can certainly relate to adblock essentially taking money out of my pocket.  Ads are a small sacrifice for the great content we get for free.

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

why on the heck are you using IE9?

Its the only browser which allows you to move your browser cache to another drive :)

PC in Profile

You can't just assume he makes ad revenue from all of those channels. Why would NCIXcom get him money?

He owns the channel. Thats also why I said "assuming he does" before my calculations.

It's not that high.

I think that's more than or equal to what most of the world make. I wouldn't mind earning £50k a year.

You also have to remember its a new company. Those figures will grow as it expands.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

He owns the channel. Thats also why I said "assuming he does" before my calculations.

I think that's more than or equal to what most of the world make. I wouldn't mind earning £50k a year.

You also have to remember its a new company. Those figures will grow as it expands.

Also, that's solely YouTube. It doesn't account for all the Intel, Western Digital and Corsair advertising he does.

Would you guys like to give Linus a handy while you are at it?

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I don't mind ads on websites, it's ads in the video that really annoys me, the stupid ones that pop up quarter way in and the ones before the video.If he put ads on here I would disable it for this domain.

Linus invests a huge amount of money in his company equipment,and as the get bigger he will have to invest even more. I'm thinking that he doesn't earn an insane amount of money, actually it's his private thing and I'm happy for him if he does. Also I'm hoping that Slick,Diesel and BRoll will get bigger paychecks as they grow as a company. I'm sure that Linus now and Slick in a few years can easily get offers from big tech companies to work as PR and stuff like that, and Diesel now and BRoll in a few years can easily work in larger production companies, but the company will grow and hopefully they will stay together. That being said: I shut down my AdBlock for all the great channels I watch, so they can grow and be better. 

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

he deserves that money, it's not like he steals from us.... he is a content creator, a very good one actually.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

I don't mind ads on websites, it's ads in the video that really annoys me, the stupid ones that pop up quarter way in and the ones before the video.If he put ads on here I would disable it for this domain.

Look, you're getting a service for free. Bandwidth costs money for YouTube. Production costs money for Linus. If you're getting something for free, I think you should not complain and just deal with it. 

Look, you're getting a service for free. Bandwidth costs money for YouTube. Production costs money for Linus. If you're getting something for free, I think you should not complain and just deal with it. 

I wouldn't mind if they were placed everywhere apart from on the video.

I have YT magic extension for chrome. Linus gets an auto like every time I click his video. But I'm not enabling ads. That's just crazy talk.

Has he ever said that? All I've ever seen or heard is that he doesn't work for NCIX anymore and most of the videos don't even feature him.

Advertisements are pretty annoying sometimes on youtube videos and on websites, but for a lot of people, their youtube channel or their website is their full time job. Using adblock is like pirating something that is already free.