The Crew will not have pre-release reviews, says Ubisoft

IdortMasterRace

honestly i dont see why people are annoyed by this , if you wanted to see what the game was like or how it was to play surely you should have participated in the Beta ? ( there was 2 on PC ) 

The Full release of the game is only going to be better , yes it had some problems , 30 fps cap , lacking graphics etc etc , but it seems like they have tried to fix these problem , i have been following this game for a while

on the ubisoft forums , they have added support for 60 fps , and added more things to the game from the Nvidia gameworks , granted it should have an option to unlock the FPS altogether , but for a racer/mmo game its not really a problem 

For anyone wondering , The Crew Beta(s) were fun for me , although having people to play with is more fun , for me just the fact that you can driver from east coast to west coast without any loading screens is amazing and well wort £25 ( at cjs keys atleast)

And yes it is scaled down but if you were to road trip from east to west coast at road legal speed it would take a while lol , took me about 45 mins in a 180 mph mustang , and i wasnt exactly going slow ...

Another thing people will bring up is optimization , i could max the Beta on a single 660 , i had Sli at the time but an sli profile wasnt released yet , it was capped to 30 fps but as i said for a racer that really isnt a problem 

It also seemed to be very heavy on the GPU , i only saw my 8350 hit about 30% during the betas , where as my 660 was at 99% all the time 

I think this game is going to be good , 50 levels , loads of different cars , the customization for the cars is amazing , decent optimization

with all this being said there is only one thing that i would want them to improve the graphics , it looks good but not as good as it should

EDIT : this game is being developed my a studio called Twin Towers , not ubisoft them selves

Any questions ? lol 

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

After a second try, this time the open beta on Xbox One, I have to say that this game isn't that bad as I thought. Surely, the cars don't drive very well, have weird physics and stuff, the graphics aren't that great either, but it has a lot of cool features (lots of tuning which reminded me of Most Wanted 05) and it is quite a social racing game.

Ubisoft once again has no trust in their own product.

144Hz goodness

what can you say.

is it even possible to digg this deep? i dont understand how fucking stupid a company can be.

i am srsly lost for words. 

what can you say.

is it even possible to digg this deep? i dont understand how fucking stupid a company can be.

i am srsly lost for words. 

Simple. People keep buying their games. It's literally as simple as that. No matter how much bad press they get, how buggy their launches are, and how stupid the comments of their employees sound, people keep buying their games.

And those that don't buy the games? More often then not just pirate them. Who does that help? No one. It certainly doesn't help those of us who actually want Ubisoft to make better games.

There's really only one way to make Ubisoft change their ways. Vote with your wallet AND boycott the games. That means don't buy it on Steam Sale, don't pre-order it, and don't play it!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

In other words, it is going to suck. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Simple. People keep buying their games. It's literally as simple as that. No matter how much bad press they get, how buggy their launches are, and how stupid the comments of their employees sound, people keep buying their games.

And those that don't buy the games? More often then not just pirate them. Who does that help? No one. It certainly doesn't help those of us who actually want Ubisoft to make better games.

There's really only one way to make Ubisoft change their ways. Vote with your wallet AND boycott the games. That means don't buy it on Steam Sale, don't pre-order it, and don't play it!

Thank you, someone has come here with logic. We are the consumers, we have the most power. We vote on what is good and bad with our money. Ultimately, we decide who lives and dies. Sadly, you've still got the console gamers to convince, seeing as these issues are less about them and more about us, but it will still help.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I love my racing games, and I was hoping this would be good, but I prefer to watch reviews before getting games. Now they won't have pre-release games, it makes me wonder wheter they've gone and tanked it again. Guess I'll just wait for project CARS instead then...

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

What I don't get is that every MMO no matter how big, probably has a minimum number of players that if you were to gather that number on one server would make the game playable.

Shame they didn't try to do that.

I mean TF2, it's an MMO but you can play with 24 players. Overwatch it will be fewer players. Dota it is ten. et cetera.

What is this game's number?

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

Thank you, someone has come here with logic. We are the consumers, we have the most power. We vote on what is good and bad with our money. Ultimately, we decide who lives and dies. Sadly, you've still got the console gamers to convince, seeing as these issues are less about them and more about us, but it will still help.

Console Gamers tend to be more casual, and thus less informed. That will always be an issue. But they still read some news. And they're not the ones massively pirating a game because "fuck Ubisoft, that's why" (spoiler alert, not a good enough reason).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What I don't get is that every MMO no matter how big, probably has a minimum number of players that if you were to gather that number on one server would make the game playable.

Shame they didn't try to do that.

I mean TF2, it's an MMO but you can play with 24 players. Overwatch it will be fewer players. Dota it is ten. et cetera.

What is this game's number?

What? That's a new one. Lmao.

MMO = Massively Multipler Online

TF2 != MMO

TF2 is a normal multiplayer game, with dedicated servers, etc. TF2 is literally nothing like this, and should not be used as an example of, well, anything. TF2 is simply the same as CS:GO with a few more players per team. BF4 has more players per team then TF2, and BF4 isn't even close to MMO either.

MMO is generally hundreds (if not thousands) of players per server.

probably going to get flamed to hell in here but, it fucking make sense, the crew is an ONLINE MMO racing game, the game was designed to be always online it would be fucking stupid to set up private servers for reviewers, this is one of the biggest issues BF4 had on launch, it had good reviews but it was for nothing because it was played privately it wasn't equal to real world usage, same thing with sim city, and more recently with driveclub on PS4 and we all know what happened next

in my opinion for ONCE in the whole bloody year, ubisoft DID THE RIGHT THING TO DO, if the allowed reviews in private servers it would have been worse for everyone, im all for having post release reviews that having fake reviews because the game wasn't played in the same conditions that normal user would also good luck pirating an MMO btw

And yet they already did reviews for console version of the game with people playing online mmmmmmmm

So in other words, the game is going to be awful, and they don't want people cancelling their pre-orders before release.

Because an ongoing Beta wasn't enough of a review? Alright then.

And yet they already did reviews for console version of the game with people playing online mmmmmmmm

and those are fake because they are based on beta software, embargo is off on launch date and the consoles are having a last public beta right now to fine tune the servers for next week i presume

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

All the people saying that we should judge the game based on it's beta don't understand what a beta is and what it's purpose is.

These people are the reason why the whole beta access is quickly becoming a half-cocked early access window and is encouraging problematic releases.

You should never base your opinion of a game off a beta, ever.

All the people saying that we should judge the game based on it's beta don't understand what a beta is and what it's purpose is.

These people are the reason why the whole beta access is quickly becoming a half-cocked early access window and is encouraging problematic releases.

You should never base your opinion of a game off a beta, ever.

YYYYyyyyyyyyyyyup.

Beta has basically become the modern equivalent of a Demo.

Beta's are supposed to be buggy pieces of crap that still need a fair amount of work. The whole point of a Beta is to get user input and bug testing, early enough that the devs can actually change a few things before launch. These days, unless it's Early Access (Which is often pre-alpha), then a Beta is just a mostly finished demo.

The Beta is definitely not supposed to be representative of the release title.

1. It's a online based game. How can anyone give it a fair review without a solid population?

2. You idiots shouldn't be preordering or day one purchasing games ANYWAYS. This isn't the 90s where stores run out of copies. You will never run out of digital downloads.

I don't care what your developer is. Even if it's Valve or CDPR. No preorder for me. No one gets a pass. That's how it should be.

But don't let me be logical and interrupt the "keep on digging" bullshit that this forum likes to jerk off to.

1. It's a online based game. How can anyone give it a fair review without a solid population?

2. You idiots shouldn't be preordering or day one purchasing games ANYWAYS. This isn't the 90s where stores run out of copies. You will never run out of digital downloads.

I don't care what your developer is. Even if it's Valve or CDPR. No preorder for me. No one gets a pass. That's how it should be.

But don't let me be logical and interrupt the "keep on digging" bullshit that this forum likes to jerk off to.

This is how it should be. But we both know that's not how the average gaming consumer works. Even the ones that would normally read a review that was published at launch or just before. Many of them will go on to catch the last minute pre-order (for the often crappy and pointless bonuses, like new skins yayyyy) or will pick the game up immediately on launch.

Many of those gamers will still buy the game on launch even if the review isn't out yet.

I understand the technical limitations of reviewing an MMO style game pre-launch, but it's a very slippery slope.

I fully believe that the Publishers/Devs could make it work, if they had wanted to.

For example, they could give x number of pre-order players early access to the game, to the same servers as the reviewers (selected via lottery - they could easily say "A chance to Win early access to the game launch!" as part of the pre-order blurb".

That would essentially alleviate the main problem, which is a lack of players, so that the reviewers cannot experience an authentic game environment. Give them enough players to play with, and it should be fine.

No pre-release = bad game, we know you well enough now ubisoft.

The end, amen.

NEXT GAME PLEASE.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

It's not a bad game it's just not that fun to play imo. 

Isn't that the definition of a "bad game"?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Explain this logic. Because I couldn't give a toss whether they think that they must be making good games just because people torrent them. That's their own problem. If they then keep on making shit games, they'll get even more bad press and sales. Again, that's their fault if they want to assume me torrenting their game to test it and see if it's worth a purchase means that I actually think the game is good. They can also carry on thinking that PC gamers are all "pirates", I couldn't give a shit what kind of dumb logic they use.

Now also explain how they know how many people pirate the game to begin with. Like, do you think they snap their fingers and suddenly 'number of people who pirated Far Cry 4' appears in front of them? How the fuck does me pirating their game support them in any way?

What has this got to do with consoles? The fuck?

You realise Ubisoft games are utter shit on consoles too, right? You realise you're not in some secret niche PC club, right?

Because an ongoing Beta wasn't enough of a review? Alright then.

Because I want to see a review of a full game, and not a review of a beta? Alright then.

I couldn't give an utter shit how well the beta performed, or how good the beta is, because it's not the beta I'd be paying £40 for.

Because I want to see a review of a full game, and not a review of a beta? Alright then.

I couldn't give an utter shit how well the beta performed, or how good the beta is, because it's not the beta I'd be paying £40 for.

Do you not understand how the two are extremely alike? Not much changes between a beta and a full release. The core of the game is already done it's just tweaking minor things under the hood.