Bad players with good PCs

APrettyCoolWalrus

Well it would be perfectly fine if a person with a rendering PC wanted to sit down and play some games at the end if the day. I am talking about a person with a PC specifically designed to give an advantage in competitive video games

I used to play tribes comp. If you wanted to do good better your turned your graphics down low and played with a special .ini

PC Specs didn't matter.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

because not every pc enthusiast is a gamer

For the love of God, I said gaming PC. Someone is a gamer if they have a gaming PC

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

For the love of God, I said gaming PC. Someone is a gamer if they have a gaming PC

or they do bench marking FOR games and they enjoy seeing how well they can get their pcs to perform on games rather than playing them.

Also who cares if they are good if they enjoy the game?

#ignorant 

If someone who may not be as good as another person wants to get a nice gaming PC, what's wrong with that? I'd go and tell you to go fuck yourself if I was building an expensive gaming PC and you looked in my BF4 k/d.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

there are soome other games around than CS:GO and call of duty

if i like to play some CS online some time with my rig thats usually used to play things like Crysis 3, (upcoming) The witcher 3 or modded Skyrim than i may have a 2000$ PC and be like Silver 2 in CS:GO not caring about competitive gameplay

you culd do that with a 460$ pc or a console

you sir are missing a point here

not to mention (because guys already did) video editing, 3d programming etc

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

there are soome other games around than CS:GO and call of duty

if i like to play some CS online some time with my rig thats usually used to play things like Crysis 3, (upcoming) The witcher 3 or modded Skyrim than i may have a 2000$ PC and be like Silver 2 in CS:GO not caring about competitive gameplay

you culd do that with a 460$ pc or a console

you sir are missing a point here

not to mention (because guys already did) video editing, 3d programming etc

This ^ is true. I am not that good at bf3 anymore but i rock at ghost recons phantoms. 

OP ...... I am not even going to say what I was going to say for fear it will get me banned on here. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I used to play tribes comp. If you wanted to do good beter your turned your graphics down low and played with a special .ini

PC Specs didn't matter.

I'm talking about the converse of your situation. Plus I didn't mean specs gave raw skill

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

OP ...... I am not even going to say what I was going to say for fear it will get me banned on here. 

this is where a second account comes in handy. :P

U can pm me but I am only a walrus exploring human reactions

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

That's like asking: "Why do people do things in life they're not good at?" Answer: To try new things; skill is not created within seconds. It is created and practiced over time.

ther is no such thing as a "gaming" pc except prebuild ones that are named "high end gaming pc" and stuff (which are mostly like: yeah you dont need it but you think you need it because you want to be a gamer and we are building a "gaming pc")

there is low end hardware and hig end hardware and thats it

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

That's like asking: "Why do people do things in life they're not good at?" Answer: To try new things; skill is not created within seconds. It is created and practiced over time.

This is what I expected from this thread, ty good sir/ma'am

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is what I expected from this thread, ty good sir/ma'am

I was going to edit that post, but I'll put it here instead.

as a note; I started in Silver 5 (pretty close to the bottom of ranked ladder; bottom 75%.) and I'm now Plat4 (top 7%.)

Edit: A fine example of this would be DOTA or League of Legends; seeing as I have more experience in the latter, my example will be based on it:

When a player first starts playing League, they'll probably not understand too much of how to get things done. They might not know the best way to get gold (farming/CSing.) They might not know the importance of getting a Dragon or Baron. Over time, they'll realize: "Hey, farming is actually really important. I need to practice it so I can keep in pace with my enemy laner/s." and "Dragon's pretty important. We can't let them keep getting them for free, we need to at least contest." They'll learn the matchups where they shouldn't be so aggressive to avoid dying, and when the others are able to out-trade and beat you in a fight. 

I'm talking about the converse of your situation. Plus I didn't mean specs gave raw skill

The topic of the thread is "bad players with good pcs"

One of the best players I knew was running an old pc from like, 2006. Prebuilt. A lot of the comp players didn't have good rigs now that I think about it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Sorry if I seemed ignorant, it was just a question. I'm not a walrus national fascist dictator actor-of-genocide :(

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The topic of the thread is "bad players with good pcs"

One of the best players I knew was running an old pc from like, 2006. Prebuilt. A lot of the comp players didn't have good rigs now that I think about it.

Bad players with good PCs not good players with bad PCs

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

IMO, doesn't really matter if you're good at playing games or not to own a higher-end PC. What matters is if you enjoy PCs and playing games. ;)

There are some who believe that the more expensive the equipment, the better player it will make them. This speaks for itself in their stats/scores. :P

I think having the right peripherals is more important that having a higher-spec PC. Using peripherals you're used to and comfortable with can make a big difference. Our bodies often rely on muscle memory and once you become used to using a certain piece of equipment, it doesn't matter if you're using a $15 mushy membrane KB or a $150 mechanical KB, someone can learn to become an extremely effective player on either.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Because they enjoy it.  Just like you don't have to be a professional level driver to enjoy a Ferrari, you don't have to be a professional level gamer to enjoy having a powerful computer for CSGO.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

because you are a noob when you go below the 300FPS cap on CS

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

Why would you spend $2,000 on a PC just to play CS:GO though? That's what I want to know. :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Skill shouldn't be a factor in how much you spend on your PC.

If it was, I'd have spent $1000 on my pc by now.

Speaking of which, why do people always build such expensive rigs? I mean, mine will run almost everything on high, and tack on a second 7870XT and play everything ultra?

Why do people spend so much money on a gaming computer that when they are not good at the game that they play? An example would be someone with a $2000 PC that is Silver 2 in CSGO

I am shit at games, seriously I bet a 6 year old could beat me

Even if I make it to the top of  a 64man BF4 server, It will be like 70 kills 80 deaths

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't think that there's really a correlation between PC specs and how good you are at a game. It mainly comes down to the user getting the experience that they enjoy the most. Just because someone is awful at CS GO or any other online game doesn't mean they can't have a great experience. It's also hard to know every game someone plays.