Linus's New Vids

CartertheCOCguy

Do you realize how little money he makes from youtube? He has a wife, two kids, and six employees to pay.

The world doesnt revolve around you. If you have a problem with his content then dont watch.

As Linus said before, making reviews for affordable tech does not get as much interest or views as doing enthusiast-grade hardware, which is why he only does affordable tech videos occasionally.

You. Are. A .Fucking .Moron. 

He has a wife 2 kids, and hired 6 people, and you say he makes little money? Get the fuck out of fairy land bitch, it's the real world.

Okay... I want to start this topic off saying, i have been subscribed to Linus for years, and these are my OWN opinions.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()())()()()()()()()()()()()()

Linus's New Vids are for Views and Money

I have been subbed to Linus since i was 11. That's right 11. I'm 14 now, I have been very unimpressed in his content lately. I loved his videos BEFORE he this was a full time job, it seems the latest videos (EX. Baby Monitor, Smart Paper Airplanes, $500+ Earbuds) are all for views. I dont wanna see Linus in the "Suggestions" box in YT if I'm watching a video on a remote control car. Also, another reason I don't like his 'New' content is the lack of 'Affordable' tech. We don't wanna see a video on a $10,000+ 3 way SLI/Crossfire rig that only 1% of us will even be able to SEE in our lifetimes. I would want to see something that we can legitimately can afford. 

PLEASE POST YOUR OPINIONS :)

@Linus_tech

and @OP Yes I agree, he just does it for money and views, he just says shit without knowing what it means, and for popularity. You see how long his sponcer messages are? I was subscribes for 2 years, then after he made the forum everything started to change, and I said "fuck you Linus, your a cunt! :D" and stopped watching his shit. 

I hate this site too, because it either Little kids (most of his audience) looking for free Tech Support, or stuck up little asses that sit on their computer all day and don't live in the real world, and bitch about every little thing that's not perfect, or theroys of something, and not what they actually know. 

I'm soon blocking this site for myself because I get mad whenever I see some asshat post on it. 

Okay... I want to start this topic off saying, i have been subscribed to Linus for years, and these are my OWN opinions.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()())()()()()()()()()()()()()

I have been subbed to Linus since i was 11. That's right 11. I'm 14 now, I have been very unimpressed in his content lately. I loved his videos BEFORE he this was a full time job, it seems the latest videos (EX. Baby Monitor, Smart Paper Airplanes, $500+ Earbuds) are all for views. I dont wanna see Linus in the "Suggestions" box in YT if I'm watching a video on a remote control car. Also, another reason I don't like his 'New' content is the lack of 'Affordable' tech. We don't wanna see a video on a $10,000+ 3 way SLI/Crossfire rig that only 1% of us will even be able to SEE in our lifetimes. I would want to see something that we can legitimately can afford. 

PLEASE POST YOUR OPINIONS :)

@Linus_tech

If you dont like his content, then unsub

These 3 way sli/uber expensive rigs shows what can be done

but he has done videos in the past on  building pc's on various budgets

the range of videos he does is fantastic IMO, and i try to watch every video he uploads

these $500 items are things that some people can afford if you are enthusiastic about said product, so that is a non issue for me

You may not want to see  a $10,000 rig but i can bet that many people on here do, Who doesnt wanna see a crazy tricked out build that costs many times what a lot of us have spent

You dont get to dictate what content you want Linus etc to make. you either like and support what he does, or you go somewhere else

Looking for a job

The beauty of growing up in the digital age is that (thanks to squarespace, sign up now and use the LTT code to receive a discount) when you finally grow up, your mistakes will be present online for you to easily access and realize just how stupid some opinions you formed when you were 14 were.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

He has a wife 2 kids, and hired 6 people, and you say he makes little money? Get the fuck out of fairy land bitch, it's the real world.

Most of the profit from LMG stays in the company and doesn't go to him. That's how most small businesses work.

That money pays for new production equipment, new locations and the projects themselves, not everything he covers is a review unit.

LMG earns less than $1m CAD per annum in revenue, I know that as Linus stated that's a business target of his.

The proprietor (Linus) will pay himself a comfortable living wage, at the end of the day he took the risk of dumping all his savings into the business.

So he as an individual isn't stinking rich.

I hate this site too, because it either Little kids (most of his audience) looking for free Tech Support, or stuck up little asses that sit on their computer all day and don't live in the real world, and bitch about every little thing that's not perfect, or theroys of something, and not what they actually know.

Sod off then? You don't have anything to contribute it seems other than bitching about other members and creating negativity.

Hey Linus,

I'm not one to interact much with the Linus Media Group community in here... but I had to say something in regards to this. I have been subscribed to your channel for 3 years and seen your channel change in quality and direction and have always continued to enjoy your content, even if the video wasn't about something I initially had an interest in, I still found the video thoroughly entertaining. So, with that being said, I have no doubt that no matter what direction you take the channel in, it will always be entertaining. Thank you for your awesome content, Linus and crew. :D

The only thing I don't like recently is how hard of a break Linus makes when tell us to subscribe. One day there will be a youtube feature where those things go away if you're subscribed to the channel.

If you keep talking to me like that I'm going to report you, asshole.

Maybe if you even watched the WAN show you would know more about Linus, and ALL THE TIMES HE HAS SAID THAT YOUTUBE VIEVS DONT BRING THEM ENOUGH MONEY.

He said plenty of times that if they did not have sponsors and forum contributors they would not have enough money for the business and go bankrupt.

Linus said that google adsense is a very small part of their income. He would not be doing this job if he only made money from views.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

thats his fault for choosing this as a career

Why do you even watch him then. People chose careers, not for money, but for how much them love the "career". He does it because he loves computers and if you are unhappy with the content, then stop watching. 

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

what if he makes a video and we all stop watching, then what? no more views=no $$ not a stable career 

why would we stop watching after one video. your hypothetical situations are illogical.

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

Wow... You really are just a kid huh.

Also, stop saying "we". You have the unpopular opinion here, speak for your god damn self.

"PLEASE POST YOUR OPINIONS "

My opinion on this is; you're a child who has no idea how the real world works.

Thank you. 

As a geeky dad, the review on the baby monitor was interesting (his kid is bloody cute too), the paper planes where a great follow up from the kick starter.

And the 3 way sli stuff and mineral oil PC are a lot of my what if stuff that I wouldn't be able to do myself.

I have no complaints

Also its his fault for not selecting a stable career? How would that make a difference? If he was loaded he would be less inclined to do cheaper items.

Well, I'm a bit rusty on my written english so apologies in advanced.

I've been watching Linus for the last 3 years or so and I love the team's style and energy, I know that nowadays you just see crazy hardware or expensive stuff but from a technical point of view having expensive and crazy is really good, you get to see build quality, tricks manufacturers used to solve that problem that no one touches in a customer level device and many other things.

Take Formula 1, you will never see a Ferrari F1 cruising in the streets, but the technology eventually (even if it is a long time later) trickles down to customers. Without investment in development (which always leads to expensive equipment) we would never see advances in any area.

I would love to see a bit more technical detail about the things linus reviews but that's my opinion, so far I love the channel and they have my trust in many things, having recently constructed my first custom PC from scratch, I can tell you, Linus Tech Tips was my prefered source of information, and in that matter, they continue to be.

Greetings.

All of them are for views and ad revenue. That's called a "business model."

Youtube content is all about the personalities behind them. I don't watch Linus Tech Tips because I want to see reviews of $200–300 video cards (even though I do), because written media is just plain better for that. While I don't care about Bluetooth baby monitors, I watched the episode, enjoyed it nonetheless, and probably learned a few useful things about how these products are designed.

All of them are for views and ad revenue. That's called a "business model."

Youtube content is all about the personalities behind them. I don't watch Linus Tech Tips because I want to see reviews of $200–300 video cards (even though I do), because written media is just plain better for that. While I don't care about Bluetooth baby monitors, I watched the episode, enjoyed it nonetheless, and probably learned a few useful things about how these products are designed.

I learned that "baby" items are expensive...

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

I learned that "baby" items are expensive...

I learned that they are marketed in a way that I'd consider predatory. As someone in Linus's age group, that seems important to me.

first off a 14 year old giving out career advice....bitch please

second you tube sites like this will always be about making money deal with it...he is not giving up days for your entertainment and as a dad and soon to be dad for the second time i get how that can be a drag...linus if your reading this you sir are doing a fine job and your new addition is one dam cute kid. congrats to you and mrs tech you must be so proud

thirdly not all videos will appeal i read several people say that they loved the 48TB build...me, not gonna lye bored me to tears but the baby tech i enjoyed

finaly as much as i love LTT this whole sub at the beginning bit is annoying. it feels like you are pushing for subs right from the off personally and i dont know about the rest of the forum but i like to watch a video before i sub

other than that im good keep doing what you do

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I see what you mean but that's not how it works unfortunately, if he were here to entertain me with products specially made for me that'd indeed be great.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Just because you can't afford it doesn't mean it isn't cool or useful to watch - It's always good to know about all of it so you can keep track of the industry, where exciting leading-edge products are taking us, because in the end, it all trickles down to both affordable and consumer grade hardware!

no, but thats his fault for not choosing a stable career

seems like your hating on linus STFU and just watch the dam content

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Your videos are good. The new format is nice, the old one was nice too. Having watched all your videos I can say that they have improved over time. As for the subscribe bit at the beginning of the video, it seems kinda forced.

Some stuff that would be nice to see:

-More case reviews, ones that are in odd varieties. So to avoid the "All cases are the same" saying. You guys are rocking this now - Keep it Up!

-Benchmarks of more GPUs, like for example the GTX 970 - there are tons of variants and it is hard for the non-tech-savvy viewers to pick one based on one or two card reviews. Sadly, I know you are limited to what products companies

provide, but just would be nice.

-Some reviews of sound cards, and different speakers (with an explanation of what some of what those crazy specs mean).

Finally my four biggest and most important requests -

-Make An OverClocking Guide For X79 - like the one for X99! There are very little of them, that are more than 'change these settings and bang you get this' videos, on YouTube.

-Make a 'How Much Power do I need in a PSU video?' that is not a Fast As Possible video. I like the Fast As Possible videos, but a video with graphs and lots of numbers goes a long way in impressing folks to buy X or Y PSU.

--Fix the screen sharing on the WAN Show. (If not fixed already!).

--Archive the After Party not on Twitch (I hate the loss of 5 seconds of speech when Twitch buffers from one video block to the next!).

Anyway - Keep up the Good Work!

Codename: Project Stealth. See profile for specs.

thats his fault for choosing this as a career

and it's your fault for being such a selfish bitch.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10|