Linus's New Vids

CartertheCOCguy

{redacted: video embed}

That video has lower engagement, and lower views than most of what we've released in the last month even though it's a solid cooler.

I think fewer watched/cared about it because it's been a solid ad for a few weeks - maybe I have my timeline wrong but I think I saw the ad several times before I saw the cooler review at which point I knew it had 'industry leading specs and was super shiny'.

In a world where the blind leads the blind, who do you follow?

i5 3570K @ 4.3, Dual GTX780, 3x 1080 27" samsung cheap displays.

512 Samsung SSD with 1TB green, 2TB green, and 2x3TB Red, 4x4TB Red.

wow... that's not cool :) we've all been 14,  at that age you don't really think about what you say/do or filter. If you feel better then him, show it. You are acting like an asshole.

I agree, it's not allright how he puts his opinion down. But he has an opinion. He wants to open a discussion... Obviously he doesn't know how, but that's ok when you are 14?

telling him to fuck off... Does it help you? does it help him? no.

you're making the same mistake as him, you are to agressive, you could tell him how to handle it,

Linus isn't God, people will hate him, people will not approve with the choices he make as a boss. I personly refuse to subscribe, because is refuse to register. I do watch all the vids. I may not care about them all, but i watch them anyway.

I'm a Assassin's creed fan boy, and i stick with it, are you gonna hate me because i refuse to hate ubisoft?

you can agree or not about every person you meet :)

it's the way you handle people remember ;)

Listen, if he wants to post on this forums like it's a Youtube comment section saying "oh.. this is garbage, Linus produces shitty videos now", then he's going to have to handle the fact that he shouldn't be here. As for "you were a 14 year-old once, no one has a filter" line, i simply say incorrect. When i was 14, i wasn't trolling the internet commenting on forums, bitching and complaining because a Youtube content creator made a shitty video. I simply grew a pair, and never watched anymore videos. Simple. Don't like something, keep it to yourself and don't watch it. Plain and simple.

Go back to the Youtube comments where you belong @CartertheCOCguy .

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

Linus' content changes, some are interesting to me and some are not. It will vary to you.

As for the quality of videos, I actually noticed some editing problems like in the holiday buyer's guide. Edzel is a great video editor, but I think he made a few mistakes in some of the latest content because he didn't have much time. We want to see new content from Linus everyday, but that's not possible because the video he makes are time consuming. It takes a lot of time to write, capture, edit and upload the video.

We need to appreciate what Linus is doing guys. Did you ever see a video from him supporting a specific company? That's because he reviews every product honestly and he uses it before he actually makes a video about it. 

Considering his honest reviews, how much time it takes to shoot a video, we need to appreciate what he has been doing. Keep in mind that he has a life, too, and making videos everyday isn't that easy. Come on, movie guys don't even work that much everyday. 

One thing I would suggest Linus and his employees to keep the content PG-13 as the latest of their content is not... And I would also suggest that you guys take your time making videos, we can all wait here :)

Keep up the good work, LMG!

we need more luke..... that is all..continue the war!

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

nah the last four weeks have been straight expensive items, unless you count the paper airplane

are you kidding?

out of the last 4 weeks. 6 out of 9 reviews are affordable tech. i don't know what you consider affordable since you are a kid to young to have a job.

im 15 and have a part time job and these are all within a reasonable price for me, making minimum wage

I have an opinion about latest linus's videos but from a different angle. I commented this on the latest eyefinity video (Insane Eyefinity Surround Gaming Setup - 10320x1440 Resolution - Part 1). I think i do have a point:

linus's videos have turned to be sooooo boring!!! Please for the love of god, abandon the teleprompter. I dont mind the humor, its ok, but it seems that you are trying to replace the spontaneity you allways had with some lame jokes. Im a biiiig fan, but i have to say that the channel has become less enjoyable.
We can still enjoy some of your old free funny style on Channelsuperfun but that's a toy channel. The thing a lot of us (i think) liked was your "unpro" spontaneus style applied to the tech stuff, and that was what differenciated you from everyone else. Now your style has turned into scripting some jokes in every scripted video.
To ilustrate my point:
Old super eyefinity setup video: 

No B-roll, no 10 hours of editing but way more entertaining.

New chair video: 

Old chair video: 

Which is more entertaining? I loved the voyage of discovery you took us all in those videos. That was fun and enjoyable. Who cares the webpage of the manufacturer has errors? Who cares?????

New screen protector video: 

Old screen protector video: 

Why the heck didn't you tested it!!!! Whats the point???

Also, i don't want you to tell me about how you applied it badly the first time, i want to see that!, to see your reaction, to see you re apply it correctly and to scratch the hell out of the thing!!!

I hope this helps in some way, sorry if  it sounds a bit hard. Im linus's biggest fun, i´ve been watching his videos since the beginning, all of them but lately ive been kind of disappointed.

I think we should start a quest to make linus throw in the trash that teleprompter so we can get back old linus

what if he makes a video and we all stop watching, then what? no more views=no $$ not a stable career 

I don't blame you since you are still 14. But there is no such thing as stable career for any boss.

What if we all stop buying Intel CPU? no more sell=no $$

What if we all stop using Google? no more ads=no $$

What if we all stop hiring Linus? no more job=no $$

This is not make sense. All career is base on something and Linus's videos are base on the PC, tech and geek community.

What PC enthusiast, tech enthusiast and geek like? Extreme stuffs that even we cannot afford but still LOVE to talk about and learn about.

This is why not just LMG, but all other popular reviewing sites do high end tech review all the time but very few mid to low end product.

And to be clear, boy, there is NO STABLE CAREER IN THE WORLD!

CPU i5 13400F - - - - - - GPU ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10G - - - - - - - - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Black DDR4 3600MHz 2*16GB

Motherboard MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI mATX - - - - Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB M.2 + Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB + WD Green 2TB

PSU Seasonic Focus GX 850W 80 Plus Gold - - - - Cooling Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black - - - - Case Fractal Design Define 7 Mini

Displays INNOCN 27M2V + ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM + Dell U2414H - - - - - - - - - - - Sound ATH-M50x, Lenovo unknown speaker

Keyboard Ducky Shine 4 - - - - - Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight + G-TF Rough + Logitech G PowerPlay

TBH I enjoy the random tech and extreme setup videos *because* I'm unlikely to actually get/do it myself. For example I have a low-profile Noctua cooler and it does the job but I don't know if it would make an entertaining video because it's pretty self explanatory. On the other hand I have a mid-range GPU and am interested in benchmarks for that card in new games as well as how much better performance I could have gotten for 4x the price. That video is interesting because I'm not going to be able to run that experiment myself. The same is true of the random tech, it's only interesting when something interesting can be said.

When i was 14, i wasn't trolling the internet commenting on forums, bitching and complaining because a Youtube content creator made a shitty video. I simply grew a pair, and never watched anymore videos. Simple. Don't like something, keep it to yourself and don't watch it. Plain and simple.

Heh, when I was 14 Youtube wasn't a thing and "videos on the internet" involved tying up the phone for hours so basically it didn't happen. Commenting on internet content involved physically walking over to one of your friends while they were on the 'nets and saying something about what they were looking at. TBH I don't know how kids who grow up with this stuff should react to it given I was legally an adult before most of what we call "the internet" now was a thing

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Channel(s) wishlist:

1. Less scripts.

2. More improvisation.

3. More SuperFun.

4. Cats in racks.

Is it bad that I watch all but 2 of those?  :ph34r:

Is it bad that I watch only 2 of those in the list regularly?

Sometimes I feel like watching Ryan a week, the next Marques, sometimes Paul. If I can't find anything to watch I have a bunch of others to choose from and catch up on instead!

I share a similar concern, albeit it's a bit different. His most recent videos seem more like sponsored spots and ads rather than product overviews, and I for one have stopped watching his videos since I don't feel he can provide me with a holistic and non-biased opinion after the Corsair fiasco, wherein he still showed Corsair ads with their 'advertised 16.8 million colors', despite them showing only I believe 512 colors. This lack of transparency wherien he does know of the issue and covered it during the WAN show, but still has their ad spots and not slammed them on a seperate video has made me take his opinions and build logs with several more grains of salts than i can handle...

While others here have been saying to stop watching his content, I actually agree- the best way to show your disapproval with something is to boycott it, and revisit it after a period of time and see whether it has changed. That's what I'm doing, and so far, it's working great for me.

I know it can be a bit hard, as I too have been watching Linus since over 3 years now (started watching him during the Sandy Bridge days when I was ~14), but now have had to pull the plug. 

I'm being entertained and informed of stuff that I normally wouldn't be exposed to, as most of the tech being reviewed and talked about on the channel, is hard to come by or not at all existent, in India. So I can safely say that LinusTech and LMG is a positive force in our online world.

So guys, enjoy the content, even if some of it's not particularly tailor made to suit your tastes or needs!

YouTube FTW! :D

The Old Man always told us that football is more than a game. It has the power to bring happiness to ordinary people-Sir Bobby Charlton.

I share a similar concern, albeit it's a bit different. His most recent videos seem more like sponsored spots and ads rather than product overviews, and I for one have stopped watching his videos since I don't feel he can provide me with a holistic and non-biased opinion after the Corsair fiasco, wherein he still showed Corsair ads with their 'advertised 16.8 million colors', despite them showing only I believe 512 colors. This lack of transparency wherien he does know of the issue and covered it during the WAN show, but still has their ad spots and not slammed them on a seperate video has made me take his opinions and build logs with several more grains of salts than i can handle...

While others here have been saying to stop watching his content, I actually agree- the best way to show your disapproval with something is to boycott it, and revisit it after a period of time and see whether it has changed. That's what I'm doing, and so far, it's working great for me.

I know it can be a bit hard, as I too have been watching Linus since over 3 years now (started watching him during the Sandy Bridge days when I was ~14), but now have had to pull the plug.

I guess it'll be safe to come back keep watching when Corsair issues the driver update to fix the 16.8M colour thing? ;)

I checked with them about it right away and they linked me to their public statement about the status of the update.

The Internet made a mountain out of a molehill about the 512 colour thing when (like so many things the Internet freaks out about) it was simply nbd.

The much larger issue (the one I brought up on WAN show) is that no manufacturer is really delivering 16.8M colours as far as I can tell anyway

I guess it'll be safe to come back keep watching when Corsair issues the driver update to fix the 16.8M colour thing? ;)

I checked with them about it right away and they linked me to their public statement about the status of the update.

The Internet made a mountain out of a molehill about the 512 colour thing when (like so many things the Internet freaks out about) it was simply nbd.

The much larger issue (the one I brought up on WAN show) is that no manufacturer is really delivering 16.8M colours as far as I can tell anyway

So, they're not doing anything any worse than anyone else. HOWEVER, I can't condone Corsair knowingly claiming it to display 16.8 million colors; and the fact that you're still running that sponsor spot point out that it has 16.8 million colors (while it still hasn't been fixed) is worrisome. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

So, they're not doing anything any worse than anyone else. HOWEVER, I can't condone Corsair knowingly claiming it to display 16.8 million colors; and the fact that you're still running that sponsor spot point out that it has 16.8 million colors (while it still hasn't been fixed) is worrisome.

I left it because the hardware supports 16.8M colors and by the time most people watch that pre roll spot that keyboard will have it enabled.

I trust Corsair to deal with it and if they hurt me on this one I'll handle it accordingly but they've always operated their business with integrity from my personal experience and this seemed like an honest mistake so I left it alone.

The G3258 was cheap, and he did some affordable stuff before. Yet i see no problem with his content. Sure i can't afford half of the stuff he reviews, but i'm happy enough to learn more from him.

I left it because the hardware supports 16.8M colors and by the time most people watch that pre roll spot that keyboard will have it enabled.

I trust Corsair to deal with it and if they hurt me on this one I'll handle it accordingly but they've always operated their business with integrity from my personal experience and this seemed like an honest mistake so I left it alone.

Yes, they probably (more than likely) will fix it; however its been at least a month (give or take) since it became known, and as far as I know it still hasn't been fixed. So to be advertising it as such is still misleading for anyone who plans to (or possibly was convinced) to buy it over the past month. I simply don't think its right to be advertising a product in a sponsor spot when it doesn't actually meet the specifications given in that sponsor spot. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Regarding the original topic:

I watch Linus' videos to learn about the state of the tech market because I enjoy it and I enjoy how LTT covers them. Even if there are products that I'm never looking to buy or won't be able to afford any time soon, I feel like I can learn something from these videos so I watch them.

That recent eyefinity video?

I'm unable to afford that, but not only was it really interesting, it was educational not just because" Linus said this and thus I learnt that", but because it provides insight into these types of setups, allowing me to judge the qualities of such a setup for myself.

The bluetooth paper airplane video?

I'm not looking to buy that and I didn't really learn anything that I wanted to know but at least I got a gift idea out of it and I thought it was really cool. However, my first though when I saw the video was: "doesn't this belong to something like SuperFun more?" - something to consider maybe.

The need for seat gaming chair video?

That's definitely not directly tech related, but it's something relevant to the majority of the subscriber base and I thought it was good to know - I think it's fine and not really out of place.

The baby monitor video though? I watched it because I thought that because Linus was reviewing it, it might be something cool or interesting right? I was disappointed when this was not the case and I felt that it was just a random (albeit well-made) review of something irrelevant to at least me, and I'm guessing at least the majority of the subscriber base.

In summary, I think that as Linus was saying, choosing not to review boring products that really have no new features or out of the world performance or anything like that is fine since there isn't much to gain out of these reviews. However, occasionally reviews are really out of place and I feel don't belong to this channel or don't really deserve a LTT review at all (mostly lifestyle-related products and some indie game "impressions" way back at some event).

Linus' videos became more mature and pro. Less entertaining? Yes, I guess. But I personally don't care. His improvisations, jokes and stuff were just a pleasant bonus, I subed to him because of information he provides in his reviews, and the last ones, with overview section and benchmark section with Luke, are just great about it. Just take it easy and look for entertaining in real life, not on interwebs

Shut up kid... And this is coming from someone your very own age.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I love the varied content, it keeps it interesting. I do get bored of the overclocking guides and to a lesser extent the build guides (I like the idea of themes and builds that aren't just based around a specific budget). However, I do understand that those are just something you do when you are in the tech industry. There's just something I miss about that handy-cam style of video. And while im still holding out hope for the separate channel that is just nick or someone holding a camcorder and filming as first impressions are formed. I can understand from a business perspective why things are the way they are.