RE: Linus's New vids

CartertheCOCguy

Okay, after reading my previous post, I decided that I was being quite selfish. Do to my stereo typical teenage attitude I did not think past my own opinions. I realize that he doesn't make a lot of money, and I didn't realize how boring reviewing a rebranded product is.

@LinusTech @Slick

THE APPOLOGY

Dear Linus Media Group, and member/members of LTT Fourms, 

I apologize for my comments and posts on this website. I was being extremely offensive, selfish, and close minded. I enjoy your videos and professionally made daily content. This is one of THE BEST technology/custom computer forums on the web to date. You spend a lot for your time and money on keeping the forum and YouTube channel going strong. To the members, I am sorry for being so close minded and hostile toward you. I will never post another hostile/offensive thread. To Linus himself, I truly enjoy your content. You have the most successful technology YouTube channels for a reason. You make the BEST content, the editing is flawless and quality is comparable to TV/Movie. In conclusion I'm am sorry. 

IDEAS

I was thinking, a holiday buyers guide for certain items would be awesome! It would help people on the forums with threads like "Best Headphones for under 200$" Ect. Like 10 boring reviews all-in-one and a different editor could do them, I wouldn't mind at all seeing Diesel or Brandon up there :)

Original Post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/253009-linuss-new-vids/

you didn't need to apologize ,you are on internet.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

It's the best place to apologize, because so few people do it.

You're kinda making me feel bad now man :P

We all feel the need to rant sometimes. It was mature of you to apologize :)

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Someone who owns it. LOVE IT

*Gives medal*

Your opinions were not bad it's just the tone really. You just set such a hostile tone full of disgust in my eyes :c that's what bothered most. Not WHAT you said but HOW it was said

@LinusTech give this man a medal

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

no offence dude, but this is kinda dumb just think before you type, and phrase your opinion correctly,. without it sounding like an attack,

i believe people here are accepting but theirs no need for a separate thread, dont worry its cool, just mind the way you say things =) 

nice thought on the apology but didnt really need its own thread IMO 

Specs 

CPU-Intel I7 4790K- @ 4.5Ghz / Mobo - Asus Maximus Hero VII / GPU - GTX 980 @ 1592MHz / RAM - 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2400Mhz / Cooler - Corsair H105 / SSD - Samsung 250gb 840 EVO / HDD - 2x 2tb Seagate/3x 3tb Seagate / PSU - Corsair RM1000 / Keyboard - Corsair K70 / Mouse - Corsair M65 / Case - Custom Glass panel Corsair Obsidian 750D -  Still saving for upgrades =)

You finally came to your senses ;) GG now my respect for you has arisen again.

What did he do?I can't recall anything wrong with him

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

HE made a thread with an extremely hostile tone towards LMG and Linus, stating that he should've chosen a different career because it was not tuned to Carter's needs (At least that's the impression he left).

That was after an OP edit, it sounded way more hostile when you first posted it :c

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

He was ranting about Linus doing videos except about expensive stuff, and he was wrong on most of the things he was saying.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Sir i am not sure what you did wrong but an apology is always welcome no matter the mistake.I know when i am wrong and if i offend someone i try my best to make the things right.Anyway next time you feel angry punch a wall or something :D

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

all's forgiven, at least for me....

way to be a man. I am proud of you. ;)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Not many people apologize for internet rants. Good on you.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

THE APPOLOGY

I didn't feel you needed to apologise because you were merely expressing your opinion. Nobody can fault you for that. The issue is that there is no great solution to the problem.  

I completely disagree. If you don't apologise on the internet then you probably don't do it in real life either or only do it because you are told to (which is a two faced bitch move). There is never a reason to be a prick. Whether on or offline; it doesn't matter. Man up and admit your mistakes! Respect other people!

(Not saying you are any of these things. This is purely a response to the comment, which probably was a joke but I still think it needs to be said). :)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

You do make a very good point actually. I would like to see a photography related buyers guide from the camera crew at linus tech. The stuff LTT's have is high tech but I would like to see some more of your professional grade content in the entry level, prosumer, professional levels.

For these items, it isnt even that they have to buy them. They could simply rent the lenses/ cameras and review them that way.

All I see in the photography section at all times is people asking what camera/ lens to buy...

its cool nice of you to apologise, though you didnt need to, its refreshing to see somebody listen to feedback and adjust their thoughts  so kudos there

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You do make a very good point actually. I would like to see a photography related buyers guide from the camera crew at linus tech. The stuff LTT's have is high tech but I would like to see some more of your professional grade content in the entry level, prosumer, professional levels.

For these items, it isnt even that they have to buy them. They could simply rent the lenses/ cameras and review them that way.

All I see in the photography section at all times is people asking what camera/ lens to buy...

This.

I'm a fan of photography things and there clearly are a few on LTT staff who dabble in such arts enough to give good guides on them.

You didn't need to apologise at all, you were just posting your opinion. As far as I could tell the others were being quite rude, although they also had the right to disagree with you

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Okay, after reading my previous post, I decided that I was being quite selfish. Do to my stereo typical teenage attitude I did not think past my own opinions. I realize that he doesn't make a lot of money, and I didn't realize how boring reviewing a rebranded product is.

@LinusTech @Slick

THE APPOLOGY

Dear Linus Media Group, and member/members of LTT Fourms, 

I apologize for my comments and posts on this website. I was being extremely offensive, selfish, and close minded. I enjoy your videos and professionally made daily content. This is one of THE BEST technology/custom computer forums on the web to date. You spend a lot for your time and money on keeping the forum and YouTube channel going strong. To the members, I am sorry for being so close minded and hostile toward you. I will never post another hostile/offensive thread. To Linus himself, I truly enjoy your content. You have the most successful technology YouTube channels for a reason. You make the BEST content, the editing is flawless and quality is comparable to TV/Movie. In conclusion I'm am sorry. 

IDEAS

I was thinking, a holiday buyers guide for certain items would be awesome! It would help people on the forums with threads like "Best Headphones for under 200$" Ect. Like 10 boring reviews all-in-one and a different editor could do them, I wouldn't mind at all seeing Diesel or Brandon up there :)

Original Post: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/253009-linuss-new-vids/

While I think we all enjoyed the apology I do believe  that it was rather broad. You should never apologize for expressing your opinions and I think that the apology should be for the manor in which you presented it. I think we all have some things we don't like about the channel and we should express those things. Just my two cents though. :)

This.

I'm a fan of photography things and there clearly are a few on LTT staff who dabble in such arts enough to give good guides on them.

I have spent so much time online looking at lenses and reviews of camera equipment. From watching digital rev who seam to glaze over thing to Matthew Gore who goes into high detail! I think there is a real opening for LMG to jump into!

I mean, when I first started a lot of areas of cameras/ lens baffled me and the way LTT's  (techquickies) explains things makes it very clear!

all's forgiven

Current Rig(2014): CPU: i5 4670K OC 4.1GHz Cooler: Scythe Grand Kama Cross 2 SCKC-3000 Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-D3HP RAM:G.SKILL RipJaws DDR3 2133MHz 16GB (4x4) CL 9-11-10-28

GPU: MSI GTX 760 OC 15% - Kraken G10 + Corsair H75 AIO SSD: 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 EVO Case NZXT H440 PSU: Cooler Master 700W silent OS: Windows 8,1 pro

Laptop (2011): MSI FX-700 CPU: i5 460M 2.53GHz RAM: Kingston 8BG (2x4) - CL7 - 1066 MHz DDR3 GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 425M SSD: intel 530 OS: Windows 8,1 pro

Wait... what happened here? Why did a bunch of people get quoted to to post?

If I think this is what I think it is, I don't feel that you need to apologise, although if you make amendments to your opinion you can simply post again/edit your original post.

Furthermore, I think it was a good thread for feedback on the direction on new videos (even though there was one kind of recently anyway).