Nokia N1: 8-inch Android Lollipop Tablet with iPad-Like Design and 64-bit Intel Processor

JantsoP

Oh, no, don't give them ideas...

Well it meets all the specs to run Windows, but it will need a BIOS to be able to install it. It wouldn't be too under powered, but it looks too much like an iPad for it to interest me at all.

Like your iPhone?

whut? No I love my iPhone

Just not sure of the point of this.. , lookswise it rips off the ipad mini, and I would rather get a Nexus 9, Nvidia Shield tablet or iPad mini over the nokia and its atom

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

the only thing this carbon copy of an ipad has is that its the first thing i see with type c on it, though it will only feature 2.0 speeds and features not 3.1

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/18/7239695/nokia-n1-first-tablet-with-reversible-usb 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I hope this doesn't mean that all future Android tablets will have a 4:3 aspect ratio.

I don't think Apple will sue Nokia, they just made a big agreement over the patents...it's possible that Nokia is allowed to use some of the "Apple" design patents , I would think/hope

Really? That's interesting, because they've been at Samsung's throat for ages for "patent infringement" but passive, indestructible old Nokia just comes up and makes a patent deal with them...

No, seriously, you know what these companies are like. Apple is gonna turn around at some point and sue the hell out of Nokia. They're some of the most notorious backstabbers in history and everyone here knows it.

By the way, @LinusTech, just out of curiosity, if Nokia asked you to review one of these things, would you?

Wish it ran windows...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

An iPad with Android?

Take my money!

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just not sure of the point of this.. , lookswise it rips off the ipad mini, and I would rather get a Nexus 9, Nvidia Shield tablet or iPad mini over the nokia and its atom

if this was 2008 i would agree about the part that its atom, but right now those can be as good as comparable qualcomm chips, here, the performance is between a 801 and 805, yes i know these are intel own benchmarks, but at least it say its not a crappy chip, the worst thing that could have for it is a bit higher power consumption since it seems that doesn't get mentioned anywhere

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7789/intel-talks-merrifield-moorefield-and-lte-at-mwc-2014

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/06/05/how-does-intels-atom-z3580-hold-up-against-qualcom.aspx

i know i kinda sounded like a fanboy in here, but i really want to see stuff that use something else that qualcomm chips TBH

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

lol if something is boring as hell that are iphones. The same visualy looking OS on every new phone, and you can't even change it. jailbrake is shit you get features as android has out of the box, but if you root android (and you must) then difference is like hell and paradise :D

lol you pay more then any android device for 1 GB ram, 8 mpixel camera, 720p display, shitty OS, dual core cpu....  it's not 2011 it's 2015 almost  :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Although the spec are not bad, but not stand out either. With the tablet market so saturated now. Nokia needs some special features to sell, which isn't the case. Feels like an also-run. Unless if it can beat its opponents in price. I will take Nokia any day instead of shitty Chinese knock off. 

if this was 2008 i would agree about the part that its atom,

Yeah I have nothing specifically against the atom because of its performance, but I would still pick the K1 over it in the shield for example

But yeah its not the best for power consumption, also, from experience (this might have changed recently ) compatibility is also not as good with certain apps and games

lol if something is boring as hell that are iphones. The same visualy looking OS on every new phone, and you can't even change it. jailbrake is shit you get features as android has out of the box, but if you root android (and you must) then difference is like hell and paradise  :D

I have android devices, but I dont find iOS boring, its looks have evolved over time, iOS 8 look and feels wildly different from previous iterations

But I still prefer my iPhone for its design, build, amazing camera, and superior app store - my nvidia shield is great for emulators, but there is some amazing gaming to be done on iOS, and I just prefer it

I dont really enjoy tinkering, I find fun in the apps and programs I use, not in messing around in settings menus

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah I have nothing specifically against the atom because of its performance, but I would still pick the K1 over it in the shield for example

But yeah its not the best for power consumption, also, from experience (this might have changed recently ) compatibility is also not as good with certain apps and games

actually intel has almost fixed that completely lots of apps are already x86 compatible and those that don't run a very efficient arm to x86 binary translator, so its actually kinda rare to have app issues with these now, also intel optimized the crap out of android for x86  

actually intel has almost fixed that completely lots of apps are already x86 compatible and those that don't run a very efficient arm to x86 binary translator, so its actually kinda rare to have app issues with these now, also intel optimized the crap out of android for x86  

I guess that makes things better then, I still dont think I like it, if I wanted those looks I would get an iPad mini, and if I wanted an android tablet I would get the shield or nexus 9

But we will see how it competes when it comes out

This isn't so much of being a competitor I don't think, I think its to show Nokia still can make stuff w/o M$

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

I guess that makes things better then, I still dont think I like it, if I wanted those looks I would get an iPad mini, and if I wanted an android tablet I would get the shield or nexus 9

But we will see how it competes when it comes out

i'm just talking about the chip, the tablet itself its terrible, on specs it looks nice but i hate that its a carbon copy of an ipad, if i wanted an ipad i would but a freaking ipad, if i don't i ain't going to buy a copy of it, i rather buy something else, also i personally prefer the shield tablet over the N9

i'm just talking about the chip, the tablet itself its terrible, on specs it looks nice but i hate that its a carbon copy of an ipad, if i wanted an ipad i would but a freaking ipad, if i don't i ain't going to buy a copy of it, i rather buy something else, also i personally prefer the shield tablet over the N9

Yeah exactly! because everyone would be like "oh cool is that the new iPad mini".. and you would then have to say "no its just a nokia one that looks like it"

Agreed I would get the shield over anything right now, tempted myself, (or the air 2..or both)

I think the slogan should be; Nokia N1 - fancy way of saying that Windows was a mistake

I would like to point out a couple of things:

As far as I know, the N1 is rebranded Foxconn tablet. The same company makes the iPad as well. So it doesn't amaze me that N1 looks somewhat similar as iPad.

Nokia has just survived from major economic downfall. If the company leaders have any sense, they wouldn't push the boat out at their first consumer electronic device after the mobile devices sell off. Doing some research and getting the idea of the market is never a bad thing.

Considering the N1 being the first launch of independent Nokia (Microsoft not involved), the N1 doesn't really look that bad if the price is right. If this is the debut that Nokia is coming back at the consumer electronics, I would be exited what they introduce next. And don't forget: Competition is what makes our devices better. More competition = better devices for all of us despite the brand.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

Although the spec are not bad, but not stand out either. With the tablet market so saturated now. Nokia needs some special features to sell, which isn't the case. Feels like an also-run. Unless if it can beat its opponents in price. I will take Nokia any day instead of shitty Chinese knock off. 

Maybe this is just me, but I don't see the tablet market being saturated at all. At least not the >7" market.

I can't find a single ~10" tablet that I like. Samsung is pretty much the only one making ~10" tablets.

As soon as I saw that 4:3 screen I completely lost all interest in this. I just can't stand 4:3 tablet because they are awful. The USB type-C type connector is cool but it doesn't even run at the full specs so I don't really care for that either.

WHY DOES EVERYONE LIKE THIS POS ASPECT RATIO!? IT'S BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD!

Maybe this is just me, but I don't see the tablet market being saturated at all. At least not the >7" market.

I can't find a single ~10" tablet that I like.

As soon as I saw that 4:3 screen I completely lost all interest in this. I just can't stand 4:3 tablet because they are awful. The USB type-C type connector is cool but it doesn't even run at the full specs so I don't really care for that either.

WHY DOES EVERYONE LIKE THIS POS ASPECT RATIO!? IT'S BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD!

Agreed. 16:10 is glorious compared to this gimmick 4:3.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I can't find a single ~10" tablet that I like.

Me either, the Nexus 10 would have been good but it's a little old for me now, even though it probably doesn't run like it. Just my preference! 

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Agreed. 16:10 is glorious compared to this gimmick 4:3.

Personally I love 16:10 for tablets for I can see why some might think it's too wide. 3:2 is the perfect compromise. I can think of a few areas where 4:3 is better than 16:10, but I can't think of a single one where 4:3 is better than 3:2. I can think of plenty of instances were 3:2 is better than 4:3 though.

I'm not sure if I am missing something, or if manufacturers are just so obsessed with trying to follow Apple that they also copy the terrible aspects of the iPad.

It feels good that I am not alone in thinking this though. There might be some hope that Google realize their mistake and fixes it in the future.

If they were going to but that weird ass launcher on it they may as well have released it with windows.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

I can't find a single ~10" tablet that I like. Samsung is pretty much the only one making ~10" tablets.

Ah, you're right. When I wrote that I's only thinking 7-8" tablet, because that's what I use. I'm ok with either aspect ratio. Neither is perfect for how I use the tablet. As long as the screen is big while I can still hold it with one hand, is good. 

p.s. own a Nvidia Shield tablet