27" Dell UP2715K 5K Monitor will be released in December and for less than $2000 USD

The Dell is also supporting a 12bit hardware lut.

@AlwaysFSX just wondering do you know what my monitor setup happens to be?

The Dell is also supporting a 12bit hardware lut.

Thats actually a bit low as many of the 2560x1440 or 2560x1600 monitor had 14bit. Im guessing this also has to do with first gen hardware limitations. Its kinda nice to see this monitor though as in the second round of 4K displays there wasnt really a "pro level" one.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but for the price these scribs are asking, Apple's 5K iMac is the *better* deal all things considered.

4K hasnt even settled yet and 5Ks are coming out lol. That chinese 8k coming out at some point next year might be actually a legitimate thing.

But w/e. This will only drop prices of 1080p as higher res monitors become more and more popular :) i wouldnt mind a high end dual monitor set-up for under £300 (1080p).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

why make it when there is no real demand or the demand is from a small market. The professional market is bigger and dell is well known within it so its easy money and those prices are what they are used to. the base consumer does have anything that can even run something like this. Then you get into enthusiast and prosumers. The end up just buying monitors like this dell but usually after a generation or two once prices have decreased a bit. you have to remember that this is also the first prolevel 5K monitor. Likely the reason its has to be tiles is 10bit (assuming it supports it).

They're toting that they create the "new hardware that everyone wants" which is implying demand. How about they actually create it.

@AlwaysFSX just wondering do you know what my monitor setup happens to be?

No..because I don't creep people's stuff....

They're toting that they create the "new hardware that everyone wants" which is implying demand. How about they actually create it.

noooo... youd never.... ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

noooo... youd never.... ;)

I'd creep an instagram from you if you posted food.

I'd creep an instagram from you if you posted food.

you can creep it. its not like i hide it xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

you can creep it. its not like i hide it xD

You have an instagram? Whaaaaaaaaaat.

Doesn't surprise me, just didn't know.

You have an instagram? Whaaaaaaaaaat.

Doesn't surprise me, just didn't know.

yep. and its literally my name haha, so feel free to stalk

yep. and its literally my name haha, so feel free to stalk

Too lazy, I'd rather browse Google images, more instant gratification. :D

Too lazy, I'd rather browse Google images, more instant gratification. :D

but those cevapi and pasulj. and sarma :3

-_-

default-img-1130.jpg

The important thing is, is it IPS?

You're funny.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

soo... is a 5k monitor... for 2000$... with out any CPU... GPU... RAM... SSD... motherboard... and OS... ?  <_<

I may have to upgrade my GPU's to run it first. But I may upgrade to 4k or 5k soon.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

soo... is a 5k monitor... for 2000$... with out any CPU... GPU... RAM... SSD... motherboard... and OS... ? <_<

Why would it include a full Pc? I'm not understanding you.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Why would it include a full Pc? I'm not understanding you.

for that money... i stay with the iMac 5K (with a full pc inside include)  :ph34r:

for that money... i stay with the iMac 5K (with a full pc inside include)  :ph34r:

Of course, but would you stick with the imac if it's panel was the same as the dells and thus cost $500-1000 more?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I can't believe I'm saying this, but for the price these scribs are asking, Apple's 5K iMac is the *better* deal all things considered.

except it cant be used as a monitor and the internals arnt really all that power for many of the things people will want to do with that display. Also I can almost guarantee the standalone display is better.

4K hasnt even settled yet and 5Ks are coming out lol. That chinese 8k coming out at some point next year might be actually a legitimate thing.

But w/e. This will only drop prices of 1080p as higher res monitors become more and more popular :) i wouldnt mind a high end dual monitor set-up for under £300 (1080p).

4K is settled in yet and will be the replacement for 1080p in the consumer and home theater realm. Computer are something else entirely.

its there but theyre still trying to get the people to buy it at the early bird price and cache in on that

just though you might have since its in my profile, not that I really look at those either...

These pics are nearing a year old and really need to be updated but show the gist of it.

Left: ASUS PA249Q, Middle: ASUS PA279Q, Right: ASUS PA248Q, Top: ASUS PB278Q

DesktopMkIIISetupUpdate.jpg

DesktopMkIIISetupintheDark.jpg

hm.... not sure if 5k will even be useful compared to 4k.

I think it'll be more like 1440p to 1080p where 1440p will offer that extra bit of resolution compared to the standard 1080p but 4k will cover the mass market. Either way, 4k adoption is being adopted quicker than I expected.

inb4 5k imac build replacments :P

good luck making a computer for $500 good enough as an imac considering it costs $2500

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Now is not the time to buy 4k and above. So little content for it proves to be a poor return on the investment. Let alone the means to power it if gaming. Lack of sales is why the prices are dropping.

At least where I live, no one I know has bought one. Plus no one I know has a sli 780 or 980s to run the thing meaningfully.