World of Warcraft players hit level 100 hours after Warlords of Draenor launches

harrybob141

Source

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor didn't have the smoothest launch ever, thanks in part to digital riff-raff who launched a distributed denial of service, (DDoS, to its friends), attack against the game, driving up latency and making it difficult for players to connect. But in spite of the problems, it's taken mere hours for players to start hitting the new level cap.

The Warlords of Draenor expansion launched yesterday, November 13, and by later the same day, Eurogamer reported that 24 people on the European server Bloodscalp were listed as being at level 100, the new level cap established by the expansion. Prior to the release of Draenor, the maximum World of Warcraft character level was 90.

Some users were reportedly taking advantage of exploits to hit the cap in just an hour, while others had practiced leveling routes during the beta and were able to power to the top despite the launch troubles, which Blizzard confirmed were caused by a combination of the overwhelming number of players and the intentional efforts of troublemakers.

Blizzard has since sounded the all-clear, although there may still be a few bumps in the road. "Realms are once again available, however we do expect that during the initial rush to log in there will be a period of delays and potential errors," an update posted at 11:50 am PST states. "We expect these to resolve within 30 minutes or so as players successfully log in, and strain on the authentication and login servers subsides."

Haven't even purchased it lol. Not much of a WoW guy. I prefer LoL lol

Its been dead to me since buring crusade, just money grubbing from blizztards by wrecking the lore & adding bullshit stuff, thank god i got out when i did.

Congrats! You (not as in you, but the players that did it) no-lifed the game. Now what..?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Congrats! You (not as in you, but the players that did it) no-lifed the game. Now what..?

PREORDER OUR NEWEST DLC! For just $69.99 a month you can get the same shit we've been shoving down your throats for months!

PREORDER OUR NEWEST DLC! For just $69.99 a month you can get the same shit we've been shoving down your throats for months!

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that all their expansions are similar or something?

I haven't made it far enough in any of my four attempts in WoW to discern anything meaningful in terms of repetition the gameplay... :P

I don't think i've made it past level 10-ish.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that all their expansions are similar or something?

I haven't made it far enough in any of my four attempts in WoW to discern anything meaningful in terms of repetition the gameplay... :P

I don't think i've made it past level 10-ish.

After a few dlc i guess it starts to become the same. Never played it though. Kind of like CoD lol

After a few dlc i guess it starts to become the same. Never played it though. Kind of like CoD lol

What DLC.  They charge for an expansion once every 2 years.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

What DLC.  They charge for an expansion once every 2 years.

+ the $360 it takes between those expansions.

Man, I couldn't get anything done because of the lag and servers going down. Only level 94 since starting at the mid night launch. :(

At least my garrison is finally working, I've fended off an Orc attack, lead one assault, and been upgrading my mines and sending people on missions.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I have only managed to get through the intro quests and get my garrison. Spent more time in the queue and waiting for lag to go away than actually playing. I must say I have never had this much trouble with an MMO (expansion) launch.

I have only managed to get through the intro quests and get my garrison. Spent more time in the queue and waiting for lag to go away than actually playing. I must say I have never had this much trouble with an MMO (expansion) launch.

I have to agree, and I was there for most of them.

The Garrison is particularly problematic. Although it's gotten so much better. Yesterday I managed to get more done in 50 minutes than in all the time since the launch minute of WoD.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I played WoW once, made it to level 10 during a free trial.

Boring and repetitive.

Best MMO I've ever played was Phantasy Star Online (NOT Universe, that garbage should go back to whence it came). Still waiting for part 2 to make it over to the states.

No game no life

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Haha at trash/troll talkers...

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

For as long as WoW has a gear treadmill, it'll be the same shit every single time: a perpetual carrot on a stick. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

For as long as WoW has a gear treadmill, it'll be the same shit every single time: a perpetual carrot on a stick. 

Just about every MMO ever. Not a genre for everyone. WoW is actually one of the least grindiest, though.

This is not surprising in any way. WoW needs to die and let the MMO genre advance a bit.

Do they still not even have voice acting?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well duh? Everyone wants to have that "You are the first level 100 *Insert class/race here* on this server".

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Oh no! Paying $60 every 2 years! What a money grab! How dare they charge that for 2 years of content!

Like I get it,

There are people who hate on WoW who have never played,

Those who hate on it because they played then quit and decided the game got worse after they quit

And then the people who are still playing and actually enjoy the game.

This launch has been kinda rocky, but mainly in getting into the servers. Every time I've actually been online its been fine, except a 40 min part where garrisons where being fixed.

It is different this time that people got maxed in hours, not days, but those people would have found the second quickest way up or the third, they obviously don't care about the lore or the experience.

I'm loving the lore, the feel of this expansion and I've just been slowly leveling, just finished all the quests in the first Horde Area.

Just gets annoying seeing people hate on a game despite not knowing about it.

The expansions cost $60 yes, but if you buy the base game you get Vanilla/BC/WoTLK/Cata/Mop for like £10. So its just WoD that is $60.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

How is this even remotely tech news or a review?
Games been garbage since wraith come out and only continues to get worse and more noob friendly it needs to just die already.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Just about every MMO ever. Not a genre for everyone. WoW is actually one of the least grindiest, though.

There are always exceptions where MMOs are trying to re-define the genre. Guild Wars 2 is one of them. GW2 has grind, but it's completely optional and only gets you armor skins for more unique appearances. The game isn't perfect, but it does most things right. People tend to exaggerate the grind in GW2 - it's only bad if you dedicate gameplay to a singular goal, but it's better to set long term goals and let general gameplay incrementally progress that goal. The game's payment model allows for that while never feeling under-geared for content. 

WoW has gotten predictable: do raids, get best gear. New expansion comes out, do those raids, get next best gear, repeat endlessly for each expansion. You miss a few months or a year and you'll need to grind out the gear to be able to do the harder content. The old MMO formula needs to be put to rest. The purely end-game focus gives little meaning to the journey, the leveling experience. 

So far, GW2 is the only MMO successful in re-defining the MMO formula. ESO tried to, but they ended up not delivering (they probably would have benefited from a Buy to Play payment model). ArcheAge tried something new, but the freemium payment model limits gameplay, and it's a grind to get to "end game". 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

There are always exceptions where MMOs are trying to re-define the genre. Guild Wars 2 is one of them. GW2 has grind, but it's completely optional and only gets you armor skins for more unique appearances. The game isn't perfect, but it does most things right. People tend to exaggerate the grind in GW2 - it's only bad if you dedicate gameplay to a singular goal, but it's better to set long term goals and let general gameplay incrementally progress that goal. The game's payment model allows for that while never feeling under-geared for content. 

WoW has gotten predictable: do raids, get best gear. New expansion comes out, do those raids, get next best gear, repeat endlessly for each expansion. You miss a few months or a year and you'll need to grind out the gear to be able to do the harder content. The old MMO formula needs to be put to rest. The purely end-game focus gives little meaning to the journey, the leveling experience. 

So far, GW2 is the only MMO successful in re-defining the MMO formula. ESO tried to, but they ended up not delivering (they probably would have benefited from a Buy to Play payment model). ArcheAge tried something new, but the freemium payment model limits gameplay, and it's a grind to get to "end game". 

I wouldn't call Guild Wars 2 successful. It tried to break up the "holy trinity" mechanic and failed. The Player versus Environment content did not live up to the expectations at all. Player versus Player was better but it also had its flaws, especially in Realm versus Realm versus Realm side.

Besides, World of Warcraft has changed a lot over the last two expansions. If we look at the numbers, WoW's basic formula is still one that works. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn tried the WoW approach after it's horrible failure and it worked. FFXIV is a subscription based MMO that has increased in numbers after launch. That is a feat most MMOs can only dream of. Most MMOs fail because they try something new, not because they don't.

This is not surprising in any way. WoW needs to die and let the MMO genre advance a bit.

Do they still not even have voice acting?

WoW does not need to die it needs to be huge again :) i like it when there were 10000 people into one map. Now you have barely 2000 people in one map.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular