World of Warcraft players hit level 100 hours after Warlords of Draenor launches

harrybob141

You bring up the number by saying it's the "highest selling". Keyword "selling" which means box sales, not necessarily all new subscriptions. Frankly, all of those new sales could have been existing subscribers buying the game to continue playing. 

Until Blizzard reveals official numbers since gaining 600k a few weeks back, the number is most certainly not 8-9M as per "your estimate". http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/15/6981137/world-of-warcraft-subscription-numbers-blizzard-draenor

The next time they reveal numbers, which will probably be end of December, we'll know for certain whether or not the number ever went up to "8-9M". 

RE: Runescape, take a look at numbers.

www.07tracker.com/playertrack 

Peak concurrency is very easy to determine as both RS3 and OSRS makes that number public at any given time.

No, I said because I estimate it's the highest selling, I also estimate it currently will have a couple M more than it did just a month or two ago. 2M people resubscribing for a new expansion (especially possibly one of the highest selling? Again, just an estimate) isn't unreasonable. I also said I estimate a lot will be returning players because of the shades of TBC (which nostalgia players will want to come back to), and the free 90 character (which people who haven't played for ages can use to jump straight back in and be exactly on the same level as everyone else).

Exactly, Runescape numbers are very low in comparison and yet the game is still alive, popular and healthy.

Hmm. Good for them? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"