US army launching surveillance blimps over the east coast

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/a-giant-military-surveillance-blimp-is-going-to-constantly-monitor-the-east-coast

So an entire region of the United States will soon be under constant radar monitoring (and if enabled, extremely accurate optics for visual surveillance) from 2 large blimps tethered at around 10,000 feet needing only monthly servicing. Scary stuff.

Cool.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

But its for your safety

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

USA is turning into North Korea

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Sometimes I think living the USA is worse than NK because some people believe that they are in bliss and have the best leader

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

How is it turning into North Korea? 

(insert "doing nothing wrong, nothing to hide" here)
I can't even bring myself to make a joke, it's that serious...

Mayonnaise is an instrument!  

Current Build - Ryzen 7 3800x (eco mode enabled), MSI B550M MAG Mortar, G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2x16) 3200 14-14-14-34, EVGA 2060 KO Ultra, EVGA G2 550W, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx

But It's for the children!

oh you never know. they might fall off the monkey bars one day

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

welp, as how good cameras are on satellites nowadays, if your worried about what they can see you do in your backyard, your a little to late. 

IMO, the gains of being able to spy on civilians is little to none. IE, the roofing company we used, they where able to calculate the exact square footage of roofing needed based on satellite pictures. its "scary better then google maps". the fact that ANY  company being able to do that is more concerning then just the US gov. lets face it, if the government wanted to get into your house anyway, they could. 

if this means i wont get nuked, and There is just a picture of me from a blimp instead of a sat, I dont care. 

I'd like to know specifically what warrant they have that allows them to take pictures of the property of a private citizen from a blimp? Surveillance requires a warrant unless someone is suspected of terrorism.

I'm typing this from labor camp in Virginia. What you see on TV about the U.S. is a complete lie. We're all starving and working against our will.

Careful now, don't let dear leader hear you or you will get called "racist, sexist, biggot, home grown tea party terrorist, etc."

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'd like to know specifically what warrant they have that allows them to take pictures of the property of a private citizen from a blimp? Surveillance requires a warrant unless someone is suspected of terrorism.

Careful now, don't let dear leader hear you or you will get called "racist, sexist, biggot, home grown tea party terrorist, etc."

They don't listen to anything we say anyway, so I'm alright. 

I am seriously thinking about putting up a massive tarp on the roof of my house that reads "FUCK YOU". I'm still wondering if they would bother scanning my area to decide whether or not it's worth doing that.

They don't listen to anything we say anyway, so I'm alright. 

HAH good point.

I am seriously thinking about putting up a massive tarp on the roof of my house that reads "FUCK YOU". I'm still wondering if they would bother scanning my area to decide whether or not it's worth doing that.

Maybe a few hundred thousand of us should do that to see how they respond.

Rev up your attack drones! Wonder how difficult it'd be to rig up a single shot of dragon's breath on to one... ^_^

You don't need a warrant for taking pictures of areas in plain view.

You don't need a warrant for taking pictures of areas in plain view.

You do for regular and routine surveillance if I remember correctly. Especially if it has thermal cameras that can see through the walls.

You do for regular and routine surveillance if I remember correctly. Especially if it has thermal cameras that can see through the walls.

Here's an article on Connecticut specifically saying they would not need a warrant.

http://wnpr.org/post/if-police-connecticut-use-drones-surveillance-do-they-need-warrant

And here's an article by a lawyer referencing a United States Supreme Court ruling. Although this article is specifically about California, the Supreme court ruling is not and did not even involve California. So from the United States constitution stand point, a warrant is not currently required.

http://smithblawg.blogspot.com/2014/08/do-police-need-warrant-for-aerial.html

So unless states have specific laws against aerial surveillance, they do not need a warrant. I did not look up the specific east coast states, but it seems unlikely that there would be anti-aerial surveillance laws, if not for the sole reason that aerial surveillance hasn't been a thing like it is now with affordable remote control drones.

-snip

I don't doubt they've justified it somehow. Doesn't make it right or necessary. I can tell you for a fact that if it has thermal camera's on it then without a warrant it would be considered invasion of privacy.

Today everyone's a celebrity & the NSA is the annoying paparazzi.. :mellow:

Details separate people.

Welcome to the police state, you can leave your freedoms at the door, they are no longer needed.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Sometimes I think living the USA is worse than NK because some people believe that they are in bliss and have the best leader

Yeah, it probably is worse here then in North Korea. You should move there. 

Conceal your intentions