cpu utilization hitting 100%

Rissi

Hi, my cpu usage is hitting 100% in normal browsing and gaming, i dont know whats wrong. Please help🙏

PC SPEC:

i7 14700kf

rtx 4070 super

MSI z690 ddr5 pro wifi motherboard

CoolerMaster ML240L cooler

corsair vengeace 16x2 ddr5

1tb toshiba hdd

500gb seagate nvme ssd

In order to take an actual screenshot, you click printscreen key on your keyboard and CTRL-V in the textbox in the forum, or use "Snipping tool" in windows.

Problems with that build. CPU cooler is a known shit unit and is very underwhelming for your CPU. Did you also remove the sticker on the cold plate before installing it?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Posted (edited)

I replaced the cpu with warranty claim but it’s still 100%…while watching a yt video it’s using 5ghz somtimes 

Edited by Rissi

18 minutes ago, Levent said:

In order to take an actual screenshot, you click printscreen key on your keyboard and CTRL-V in the textbox in the forum, or use "Snipping tool" in windows.

Problems with that build. CPU cooler is a known shit unit and is very underwhelming for your CPU. Did you also remove the sticker on the cold plate before installing it?

Yes I did Remove the cooler sticker…so is it the cooler that’s creating the problem?

Just now, Rissi said:

Yes I did Remove the cooler sticker…so is it the cooler that’s creating the problem?

Are you running your pump at maximum speed at all times (if not you should)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Are you running your pump at maximum speed at all times (if not you should)

How do I do that?? Sorry iam new to this pc stuffs 

38 minutes ago, Rissi said:

if you go to Task Manager and in performance, right click the CPU graph and "change graph to" "logical processors"

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

Just now, podkall said:

if you go to Task Manager and in performance, right click the CPU graph and "change graph to" "logical processors"

to check the utilization for each core

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

50 minutes ago, Rissi said:

Did you mean 100% USAGE or 100*C TEMPS.? Seems the few replies might think your talking about temps, but your title says Usage.

So just to clarify...

CPU Usage being 100% while doing little to nothing (when CPU is IDLE) could indicate some CPU Miner virus/malware..

CPU Temps being 100*c would indicate a bad cooler mount/install not being done right or a defecting pump.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

-= Moved to Troubleshooting =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Did you mean 100% USAGE or 100*C TEMPS.? Seems the few replies might think your talking about temps, but your title says Usage.

So just to clarify...

CPU Usage being 100% while doing little to nothing (when CPU is IDLE) could indicate some CPU Miner virus/malware..

CPU Temps being 100*c would indicate a bad cooler mount/install not being done right or a defecting pump.

Usage…when it’s idle it’s around 2% or 4%…but if I launch literally anything, even brave it’s hitting 100% and sometimes goes down or stay for a while

15 minutes ago, Rissi said:

Usage

The Task Manager graphs show Utilization. That is not the same as Usage. Intel CPUs that use a high percentage of turbo boost will show much higher Utilization compared to actual usage. Make sure to only look at the Task Manager tab that reports usage.

When your CPU has any task to perform it will do it at full speed.

4 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

So just to clarify...

How to check if the pc has any malware?

6 minutes ago, Rissi said:

How to check if the pc has any malware?

Before we get to that, please read the previous post, to which I've quoted below..
To make sure you are reading the right details of your computer, and then determine appropriate action.

2 hours ago, unclewebb said:

The Task Manager graphs show Utilization. That is not the same as Usage. Intel CPUs that use a high percentage of turbo boost will show much higher Utilization compared to actual usage. Make sure to only look at the Task Manager tab that reports usage.

Cheers @unclewebb

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz