Galaxy S6 supposedly to get 4K screen, 20MP camera, iris scanner, 64-bit Snapdragon 810

Aniallation

guys, forget about the 4K 

these are not 100% just rumours

Until there were only 1080p screens at 5" every new gen phone rumoured with 1440p screen, and only 1 had them.

Now, that 1440p is slowly there, people say 4K because it is cool

I call it, 1440p. CPU is dead on, camera we will see, I do not really care tbh,

Well 1440p barely became mainstream on PC monitors, and now we're already seeing lots of mainstream 4K monitors, TVs, laptops

"Rawr XD"

i cant wait til my smart watch comes in 8K!

seriously though. this is a waste of battery power and a drain on memory/performance

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

4K on a cell phone? Lol...That's marketing towards the mass amounts of idiots in the world.

The ones that know better won't really care.

The ones that know better already don't care about 1440p on <6" phones, never mind 4K. lol

"Rawr XD"

The ones that know better already don't care about 1440p on <6" phones, never mind 4K. lol

Obviously. I'm perfectly satisfied with my galaxy s5.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Xperia Z2 has a 20.7MP camera

I know, I'm just saying there's been a lot of rumours that a lot of different phones will have a 20mp camera.

4K?

Okay... Even I who usually goes on about how 1440p is not a waste and people should stop whining about it will agree that 4K on 5.3" is ridiculous. In 5 years sure bring it on, but right now I think it would be better to keep focusing on battery life. Even the leap to 1440 would be fairly hard to see in everyday use. If I was in charge I wouldn't even increase the screen size. Just keep it at 5.1 (or maybe even go back to 5").

I really really doubt that rumor is true.

Iris scanner might be true (although I have doubts about how well it will work) and Snapdragon 810 is a very safe bet. I doubt that they will launch the Galaxy S 6 with the Snapdragon 805.

4GB of RAM might be true. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be but then again, they went with 2GB for the Galaxy S 5.

I doubt it will have a metal body if it's also going to be water proof.

20MP rear camera might be true although I hope it isn't.

• Snapdragon 810

• 3GB of RAM

• 2560x1440 SAMOLED screen, preferably 5" (just a smaller version of the Note 4's screen, preferably with even more improvements in terms of brightness, color accuracy and all that)

• 16MP camera with OIS. I would be okay with a copy/paste of the Note 4 but obviously I want to see it be even better, especially low light. The sensor is already very big so I don't think we would see an even bigger one though.

• Dual tone LED flash

• MicroUSB 3.0

• Front facing speakers

• Water proof without flaps for the ports (not sure if that's possible) OR wireless charging built in so that you don't have to use the ports so often.

• microSD and removable battery still there.

• A big battery obviously (2900mAh wouldn't be too unreasonable, right?). Keep the thickness the same as the Galaxy S 5 if you have to. In fact, I would be okay with it being a tiny bit thicker than that but only if the camera don't protrude. Try to keep the sides thin though.

• 32GB as the lowest memory capacity. 64GB for a reasonable price.

• Available as GPe

None of this seems too unreasonable. I doubt I will get more than half of them though.

Edit: 4K at 5.3" would be 831 PPI. Might sound like a lot at first but you only get that number for the green subpixels.

For blue and red the PPI would be far lower. Probably ~500 PPI. That's not too insane. I don't think it's worth the performance and battery hit today, but there would be a benefit to having it even on such a small screen. Especially if we will use our smartphones for VR.

I don't get the high MP fetish with phones, and this is coming from a guy who has used some of the highest MP count DSLR and MF cameras available. 

High MP has very specific uses, none of which make much sense on a sensor that small and with the exception of what Lumias are doing with their witchcraft; I don't see the point. I'd rather see someone shove a larger sensor into a phone instead of just continually bumping up MP as if that really solves anything. But marketing trumps all, I guess. 

I don't get the high MP fetish with phones, and this is coming from a guy who has used some of the highest MP count DSLR and MF cameras available. 

High MP has very specific uses, none of which make much sense on a sensor that small and with the exception of what Lumias are doing with their witchcraft; I don't see the point. I'd rather see someone shove a larger sensor into a phone instead of just continually bumping up MP as if that really solves anything. But marketing trumps all, I guess. 

I also agree. In a flagship if they can make a 5-8MP camera that looks great, I'd take that any day over a 16-20MP camera that looks like crap but competes because it does well in the megapixel race.

"Rawr XD"

I also agree. In a flagship if they can make a 5-8MP camera that looks great, I'd take that any day over a 16-20MP camera that looks like crap but competes because it does well in the megapixel race.

There are advantages to having a high megapixel count. You can for example see this easily when comparing the HTC m8 to a high resolution camera like the LG G3 or Note 4. You lose out on a lot of details in some scenarios.

But yeah, there are drawbacks to having higher megapixel count (nosier photos and far worse low light performance) and it seems like some manufacturers don't feel like they need to find a good balance. I don't think 8 MP is enough like in the iPhone (especially not since it's not enough for 4K) but 13MP seems like a pretty good place to stop (with a decently sized sensor like the Note 4).

guys, forget about the 4K 

these are not 100% just rumours

Until there were only 1080p screens at 5" every new gen phone rumoured with 1440p screen, and only 1 had them.

Now, that 1440p is slowly there, people say 4K because it is cool

I call it, 1440p. CPU is dead on, camera we will see, I do not really care tbh,

samsung-display-slide-1.jpg

S6 will be QHD, note 5 would be the first phone with 4k probably.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Think those specs are great, but the 4K is a waste, I'd barely say 1440p is fine with 5.3" screens but still interesting to see this. 20 Megapixels on a Samsung phone would be neat.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

A 4K screen on a smartphone? Eeeehhhhh, I dunno about that one... I'll hold off until there's some more concrete evidence in place and some benchmarks...

COMIC SANS

Dont hate me but...

ecf.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

This article just reeks of bullshit! I doubt a 4k 5.3" screen is even possible to make at high enough yields to be cheap enough to put in the S6, plus a PPI of 831 is definitely overkill.

Doubt it.

S5 was "rumored" to have a 1440p screen and Iris scanner too.

Do agree with the 810 and maybe the camera.

This article just reeks of bullshit! I doubt a 4k 5.3" screen is even possible to make at high enough yields to be cheap enough to put in the S6, plus a PPI of 831 is definitely overkill.

PenTile.

"Rawr XD"

4k would be great for the note 5 and gear VR, but it doesn't make sense (at all) elsewhere until about 17 inches at normal viewing distances.

I really hope Samsung will find a way to implement reasonably priced 4k screen , if not s6 then note5. If this thing would handle high refresh rates - 120hz/144hz then Occulus might really be a thing right from CV1.

Hasselblad? D800?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Oppo find 7 has 50MP

Anyway, Max res should always be 1080p . On anything smaller than 5'' 1600*900 is more than you'll ever need tbh.

Anything that is not a Exmor R OEM camera on a phone is not very good. The Nokia camera (40MP or something) is large but slow and laggy. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

The 4k will be a little pointless considering you can't even see the pixels at 1440p at 5" , even if you squint an look really close.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China