Galaxy S6 supposedly to get 4K screen, 20MP camera, iris scanner, 64-bit Snapdragon 810

Aniallation

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/samsung-galaxy-s6-tipped-to-feature-4k-screen-and-iris-scanner-612463

What do you guys think? I think that everything looks cool aside from the 4K screen. It's just dumb on a phone and performance will definitely suffer a lot compared to 1440p on a Snapdragon 805 or 1080p on a Snapdragon 800.

samsung_unpacked1_event_building.jpg

A report has tipped that Samsung is already working on its next flagship smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S6.

Mydrivers.com reports that the next Samsung Galaxy flagship smartphone can be expected to be introduced at MWC next year, much like the Samsung Galaxy S5 thatdebuted this year at the same event.

Some of the purported features rumoured for the Samsung Galaxy S6 include a 5.3-inch 4K (2160x3840 pixels) Super Amoled display, which if true will be a huge upgrade from Galaxy S5's 5.1-inch Super AMOLED display with a 1080x1920 pixel full-HD resolution.

The South Korean giant is also rumoured (via Android Headlines) to include iris-scanning feature on the alleged Galaxy S6. As of now, not many details about the feature are out. It's worth pointing out that the iris-scanning feature was evenrumoured for the Galaxy S5, though the company obviously never included it. Some of the prominent features of the Galaxy S5 that made headlines were the inclusion of a fingerprint scanner on the home button, a heart rate sensor placed near the 16-megapixel rear camera, and the IP67 certification that makes it dust and water-resistant.

Another major upgrade expected in the Samsung Galaxy S6 is under the hood, as the smartphone is tipped to be powered by a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor. Samsung this year showcased the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801-powered version of the Galaxy S5 at MWC, while an octa-core Exynos-based variant wasintroduced later. The rumoured Samsung Galaxy S6 is said to include 4GB of RAM compared to 2GB found on the Galaxy S5 (Review | Pictures).

Other features expected in the Galaxy S6 include a 20-megapixel rear camera and solid build (non-plastic body).

A recent report suggested that the Samsung Galaxy S5 flagship smartphone will receive the Android 5.0 Lollipop update starting from December this year.

"Rawr XD"

4K? Are you fucking kidding me? What a waste.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

1440p should be the max on phones imo. I think even 1080p is a lot at that size. Imagine the ppi on that thing... The other features sound cool and futuristic though.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Iiiiii.. C_AAANNN J_Uu_Ssss_t  i_mmaa_Gii_nnee t_heee_  lagggg___

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Hmm... I find it funny that a lot of rumours say that X phone will have a 20mp camera... I'm calling BS.

1440p should be the max on phones imo. I think even 1080p is a lot at that size. Imagine the ppi on that thing... The other features sound cool and futuristic though.

IMO 1080p is more then enough at 5.5" or smaller. 1440p under 6" to me isn't worth the performance loss, since you'll barely notice a difference in picture quality but you will notice the performance drop, especially a year or so down the road.

Hmm... I find it funny that a lot of rumours say that X phone will have a 20mp camera... I'm calling BS.

Xperia Z2 has a 20.7MP camera

"Rawr XD"

Good job samsung we don't want better battery life and a better build. We want MORE INVISIBLE SHARPNESS! And battery drain and worse performance ooohhh let me get some of that one too. Oh yeah and everything upscaled that's awesome too! Imagine all the games that aren't going to run on 4K native res , how awesome does that sound! It'll be just like those awesome consoles that everybody is talking about.

Interested in Business and Technology

wtf.... no. just no. We don't need 4k on a phone.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

IMO 1080p is more then enough at 5.5" or smaller. 1440p under 6" to me isn't worth the performance loss, since you'll barely notice a difference in picture quality but you will notice the performance drop, especially a year or so down the road.

Xperia Z2 has a 20.7MP camera

Oppo find 7 has 50MP

Anyway, Max res should always be 1080p . On anything smaller than 5'' 1600*900 is more than you'll ever need tbh.

Even freaking cellphones getting 4K. iMac is 5K. WTF IPS monitor makers? They must be sucking on their balls.

Why would you want 4k screen in mobile? even 1080p is not needed, but > 1080p is just a waste. It's better to have 1080p screen and same specs. battery will last much longer, CPU/GPU gaming and overall performance on 1080p screen will be 2x or 3x compared to 4k screen! 

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Oppo find 7 has 50MP

Anyway, Max res should always be 1080p . On anything smaller than 5'' 1600*900 is more than you'll ever need tbh.

Well it's not real 50MP, just software to make it 50MP. The sensor itself is only 13MP. The highest megapixel smartphone is the Lumia 1020 which is 41MP.

1080p is already not a huge difference over 720p at 5". My daily driver is a 5" 960x540, it's perfectly fine and usable.

"Rawr XD"

Oppo find 7 has 50MP

Oppo's isn't really 50mp though, its a combination of lots of fast pictures, Nokia has a 41mp which I think is truely 41?

Desktop: i7-4790k, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, 2xR9 290 Vapor-X's (1 working atm), Asus Z97-Pro, NZXT H440 White, 16GB G. Skill Sniper RAM, NZXT HALE V90 850W.

Laptop: Samsung Chromebook 11.6" 

Phone: 8GB Galaxy S4

Why would you want 4k screen in mobile? even 1080p is not needed, but > 1080p is just a waste. It's better to have 1080p screen and same specs. battery will last much longer, CPU/GPU gaming and overall performance on 1080p screen will be 2x or 3x compared to 4k screen! 

Cause people see the advertisements that "This phone has 4x the pixels of a 1080p phone!" and think wow such good much screen many pixel very innovation

"Rawr XD"

Well it's not real 50MP, just software to make it 50MP. The sensor itself is only 13MP. The highest megapixel smartphone is the Lumia 1020 which is 41MP.

1080p is already not a huge difference over 720p at 5". My daily driver is a 5" 960x540, it's perfectly fine and usable.

Really? that's just stupid lol...

4k on a phone is as useful as using a 5960X in a gaming machine. You don't get any practical benefit at all. Though 4k panels in phones means that small 4k displays would get mass produced, which means better chances for a 4k oculus rift.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

For petes sake (sorry pete) can we stop with the pixel race already? 1080p is the most pixels needed south of 5.5", possibly even 6". 1440p is stupid, you can't tell the difference in an everyday, real life situation on something that small. Jobs was right about 300ppi, so why would we possibly need 500ppi+ besides for marketing?

I'll happily accept an 810 and 4gb of ram however, as that is needed I feel to get significant performance improvements from the 810s 64 bitness.

Oh, and the iris scanner? More samsung "lets put everything noone will ever find useful or productive into our devices so it'll make us seem cool at the announcement of the device."

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I dunno exactly but that has to be above 600ppi, talk about overkill

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Oh, and the iris scanner? More samsung "lets put everything noone will ever find useful or productive into our devices so it'll make us seem cool at the announcement of the device."

lol nobody I know with an S4/S5 uses the eye features

"Rawr XD"

guys, forget about the 4K 

these are not 100% just rumours

Until there were only 1080p screens at 5" every new gen phone rumoured with 1440p screen, and only 1 had them.

Now, that 1440p is slowly there, people say 4K because it is cool

I call it, 1440p. CPU is dead on, camera we will see, I do not really care tbh,

4K on a cell phone? Lol...That's marketing towards the mass amounts of idiots in the world.

The ones that know better won't really care.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8