Steam releases CAD pricing, some game prices increased, others remain the same, and some games currently unavailable for purchase in Canada.

Bonsai99

I hope all the unavailable games that were caused by this switch are all the crappy ones that don't matter. Probably will help filter out some of the bad games in steam, while searching for actual good ones.

Use Enhanced Steam on Steampowered.com and it does just that.

If I have to log into it using Steam account information I am not doing it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I don't know why, but I assumed that Canada used USD, and that Canadian dollars were some sort of joke like Itchy and Scratchy money.

I don't know why, but I assumed the UK used the Denarius, and that GBP were some kind of silly gag.

See how retarded that sounds? Don't be ignorant...

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You guys already pay more for fast food vs we do, what's a few more dollars on steam? At least you get healthcare and poutine, that counts for something. :P

You guys already pay more for fast food vs we do, what's a few more dollars on steam? At least you get healthcare and poutine, that counts for something. :P

The problem is that in Canada we are getting screwed left, right, top and bottom.

-> Products made in Canada by a Canadian company, popular or non-popular in Canada, cost more in Canada than the U.S

-> The lack of competition makes products expensive

-> Companies that sales product in Canada does everything they can to block U.S purchases from Canadians, to boost Canadian sales, as they make more money

-> Before the excuse was that our currency was lower than the U.S. Despite having the Canadian currency well on par with the U.S for multiple years, with excuses that "it takes time for the price to adjust", still didn't reduce prices.

-> Now that the Canadian prices goes down, prices increases IMMEDIATELY, like Live with the Canadian currency. Showing that the previous point is complete crap.

-> Free healthcare is granted, expensive. However, in most provinces, if I am not mistaken, if you have the option to get healthcare from your company or school, YOU NEED to pay for that. The idea, is that you pay for healthcare, but much less than the U.S, as it's partially covers fees, and/pr cover things that the Canadian health care doesn't cover. So the reality is that it is "free", and you pay high taxes. Now that is all fine and neat. But money miss management is a big issue in many provinces. Quebec being the specular worse: See our debt clock: http://www.iedm.org/27-quebec-debt-clock, and that is WITH Canada, giving us more money than any other provinces. And we have this HUGE corruption problem.

But you may say, Quebec debt is high... but maybe because taxes are low! No? And I respond, how about paying 15% tax on everything you buy feels like? Oh, and don't think our income tax are low. This is how you pay taxes in Quebec, it's really simple actually: Take a brown envelop, stuff it with cash.. in fact, stuff it with ALL the money you earned in the year, keep 20$, and voila! Tax done! Just send it to the government! Simple!

"Ah,m but the real reason is because minimum wage is higher than the U.S!". True... but the minimum wage increases, because goods and services are sold higher than the U.S. So it is a vicious circle. And not increasing minimum wage, makes companies still charge more, even if sales are reduces, you need the basic necessities. So the result, is that people in Canada are getting more and more poor. And a small group (companies owners, basically), gets more and more high. Middle class is starting to disappear.

Pretty happy that not all of the prices have been jacked up. Since some games have stayed the same price in CAD we will be getting them slightly cheaper than our American counterparts. How long this will be the case has yet to be seen though.

As for the games that are currently unavailable for purchase in Canada...

"Most games previously available in USD are now priced in CAD and are available for purchase in Canada, but an occasional product may be missing until it is priced in CAD

Oh god, please don't make AUD prices again. Not sure if you guys once had the prices in CAD, but we had AUD once, it did not go well.

Price Comparison:

gAbq6uV.png

Side note, this website is easier for comparing steam prices.

I don't know why, but I assumed the UK used the Denarius, and that GBP were some kind of silly gag.

See how retarded that sounds? Don't be ignorant...

Well, my post wasn't supposed to be taken serisouly. Sooo I don't really know how to reply to you.

It costs 49.99 in the US for a retail game

It costs 49.99 in Canada for a retail game

It costs 49.99 in the US for a digital game on Steam

It costs 54.99 in Canada for a digital game on Steam

This is not cool and the currency exchange has nothing to do with it. Our dollar has met or gone past the US at times and prices never change.

I will only be buying games on Steam that are priced correctly in protest. I will only buy the other games once they are heavily discounted if they won't give the correct price.

In Australia AC unity is 75 USD on steam. Shadow of mordor is a cheap $66? USD.

A few games are $50 USD but they price us differently because simply it's exploitation. None of them pay Australian tax.

EDIT:

Here is the disparity for us. It's varies on the game aswell.. Notice $90 USD Civ?

dNszfhd.png

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

It costs 49.99 in the US for a retail game

It costs 49.99 in Canada for a retail game

It costs 49.99 in the US for a digital game on Steam

It costs 54.99 in Canada for a digital game on Steam

This is not cool and the currency exchange has nothing to do with it. Our dollar has met or gone past the US at times and prices never change.

I will only be buying games on Steam that are priced correctly in protest. I will only buy the other games once they are heavily discounted if they won't give the correct price.

Yeah they did that when they brought in AUD prices many years ago. The AUD was much stronger than USD at the time and the prices were $1 - $1. Although the Europeans had it much worse with  $1 - €1 (at that time the exchange was nearly $1 - €0.50).

Eventually they removed the AUD and things went back to us being ripped off in USD instead of being ripped off in AUD.....which I guess wasn't a massive difference but we get a slightly better deal of it when it's in USD.

In Australia AC unity is 75 USD on steam. Shadow of mordor is a cheap $66? USD.

A few games are $50 USD but they price us differently because simply it's exploitation. None of them pay Australian tax.

SoM is cheaper for Americans, 25% cheaper :/, although the Canadians appear to get the game 0.78c cheaper than America.....unusual.

If I have to log into it using Steam account information I am not doing it.

Dude, it is a browser extension, the only thing you log into is the Steam website.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Well it doesn't help with our currency dropping below 90 cent.

you mean this DOES help! if most games are the same price but in CAD, we're essentially paying less than before and less than Americans

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

you mean this DOES help! if most games are the same price but in CAD, we're essentially paying less than before and less than Americans

Yes it helps in those few situations where the price is unchanged. But what about all the games that go up in price? Especially if the in-store retail price stays the same as the US.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I just want to say that I like GOG style 1$ = 1£, so when I pay a game that costs 10$ I pay 10$ only 10$, is that the same with steam or not?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Please please please please please don't ever make games more expensive if you decide to use SEK... :(

Yes it helps in those few situations where the price is unchanged. But what about all the games that go up in price? Especially if the in-store retail price stays the same as the US.

well, you don't pay taxes on steam :)

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Oh god, please don't make AUD prices again. Not sure if you guys once had the prices in CAD, but we had AUD once, it did not go well.

Side note, this website is easier for comparing steam prices.

if this website is accurate i'm liking malaysian pricing

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

It's not really jacked up... it's the conversion rate... I would pay the same price when using PayPal, it would convert the USD charge into Canadian charge...

if this website is accurate i'm liking malaysian pricing

As far as I know, it is. I was checking the pricing of everything awhile back and I'm pretty sure it just uses a bot of some sort to get the prices because new games etc are updated as quickly as the steam store.

As far as I know, it is. I was checking the pricing of everything awhile back and I'm pretty sure it just uses a bot of some sort to get the prices because new games etc are updated as quickly as the steam store.

mordor for $30 makes me wish i can access that store

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

mordor for $30 makes me wish i can access that store

The Ultimate guide to paying less for Steam games!

You can do a number of things. The easiest would be to bend over and succumb to their greedy demands, but that involves paying more. Alternatively, by using some handy know how, you could use one of the following methods listed below. There are multiple advantages to all of this. For a start you pay less (when is that ever a bad thing?) and secondly you can purchase games that are not available in your region.

Keep in mind before doing any transfer that $100 doesn't equate to $100 in another currency, always do a conversion first. One way to do this is to go to XE or OzForex and use their currency converters to see. These will give you an indication of how much you will be paying, do not use these rates as a 1:1 comparison.

i'll eventually get to access it for now i'll just settle with the us store

Meh, this is kind of lame.  Some prices were adjusted fairly to the US-CDN conversion rate, but a lot of prices just shot up way more than that for no reason.  Sorry I say no reason out of habit.  I mean, for more profit at my expense.

Shit, I'm sure the Steam Sales will still be great, but just means I'll hoard credit even more and spend less overall.  If there are Steampowered games sold in retail I'll just start buying retail again because it's almost always cheaper.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

It's not really rising in price. Some games are slightly more after conversion sure, but others less, and then others the same price as their USD price.

So Kerbal for example at it's non sale price of 30 USD. If you still paid that, it would still cost you $33.5 CAD. Now you just get the price in your native currency without having to guess at the conversion rate.

You have to remember CAD is 9/10th of a USD, so if you see the CAD price go up, it doesn't get more expensive from the previous price you were paying until it reaches 10% more.

Not if you were to buy a steam card at GameStop. You pay $20 CAD and get $20 USD credit. It is definitely more expensive.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3