Steam releases CAD pricing, some game prices increased, others remain the same, and some games currently unavailable for purchase in Canada.

Bonsai99
Pretty happy that not all of the prices have been jacked up. Since some games have stayed the same price in CAD we will be getting them slightly cheaper than our American counterparts. How long this will be the case has yet to be seen though.

As for the games that are currently unavailable for purchase in Canada...

"Most games previously available in USD are now priced in CAD and are available for purchase in Canada, but an occasional product may be missing until it is priced in CAD."

Price Comparison:

gAbq6uV.png

Well it doesn't help with our currency dropping below 90 cent.

hola better internets c:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I bought many games elsewhere the past 2 years so really I don't care much about Steam pricing.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Welp. Looks like I won't be buying games for a while.

Most games are staying the same price with few going up by like $5-10, and you can always buy CD-keys from places like G2A. I don't see why this would stop you from buying games.

Welp. Looks like I won't be buying games for a while.

It's not really rising in price. Some games are slightly more after conversion sure, but others less, and then others the same price as their USD price.

So Kerbal for example at it's non sale price of 30 USD. If you still paid that, it would still cost you $33.5 CAD. Now you just get the price in your native currency without having to guess at the conversion rate.

You have to remember CAD is 9/10th of a USD, so if you see the CAD price go up, it doesn't get more expensive from the previous price you were paying until it reaches 10% more.

Steam's conversion is probably still better than PayPal's horrible rate, so I'm fine with it.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

Wait, does it auto-detect where you are when purchasing the game or could you (I live in the US) go to Canada and still purchase regularly with no change?

I absolutely refuse to pay more for a game on Steam compared to retail. If it's 49.99 in-store then I'm not going to pay 54.99 online.

After the conversion from USD to CAD it's probably around the same amount, but if the conversion goes away since it's in CAD now it should be the price we normally pay in-store.

I'll keep mine in U.S currency. The exchange rate by banks is still slower than Canadian pricing.

Ah yes. I went through Steam software, and it's in Canadian. Oh well.

I guess it is a way for Steam to make more money.

I save money because of my CC's conversion rates

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Most prices went down for me after they added Norwegian Krone, which I expected from the start. Paying in Euro has always been rape on us. Now that they're essentially converting from dollar, it's much much better.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I absolutely refuse to pay more for a game on Steam compared to retail. If it's 49.99 in-store then I'm not going to pay 54.99 online.

After the conversion from USD to CAD it's probably around the same amount, but if the conversion goes away since it's in CAD now it should be the price we normally pay in-store.

You forgot about tax.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

I hope in the future we will see some sites tracking the various Steam prices for games and show what people are paying in each country.

Oh and based off what I am seeing in the OPs chart I am a pissed off Canadian.  Even less reasons to buy from Steam now.  I already was buying games from many other sources that provided Steam key sometimes but not all the time.  Lowest price will still rule for me when I make purchases.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

whats up with the 10$ price jack in nba2k15 thats pathetic.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

You forgot about tax.

No, I just didn't mention it. All you need is a friend who works at Wal-Mart and you get 10% off  :P

I don't know why, but I assumed that Canada used USD, and that Canadian dollars were some sort of joke like Itchy and Scratchy money.

No, I just didn't mention it. All you need is a friend who works at Wal-Mart and you get 10% off  :P

I think ima stick with steam since most of the time taxes will make it more expensive. You know, until steam adds taxes. At that point im SCREEEEWWWD.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

whats up with the 10$ price jack in nba2k15 thats pathetic.

Conversion at todays rates is $67.09, so its really $3 more. 

I don't know why, but I assumed that Canada used USD, and that Canadian dollars were some sort of joke like Itchy and Scratchy money.

ahh, I just don't know how to respond to that one.... Oh wait yes I do!!.....         Does a Pound actually weigh a pound? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I hope in the future we will see some sites tracking the various Steam prices for games and show what people are paying in each country.

Use Enhanced Steam on Steampowered.com and it does just that.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro