Comcast ruined a customer's future career.

Lightning

do you honestly know a company that offers internet better that google fiber in the whole us, in the few places it is, it really destroys other offers, as for their web stuff well like a lot of things that's subjective to people preferences 

Well no but now that's a double standard. Nobody offers countrywide service that's excellent. Google barely offers service at all for that matter.

I have university fiber which is around 500MB/s over ethernet, I manage 200MB/s over their wireless AC.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

lol #optimumonlineFTW #newjerseyperks

I'm in NY but I feel exactly the same. A few years ago their service was lacking, but right now I'd have to say Optimum is the best ISP in the US.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Well no but now that's a double standard. Nobody offers countrywide service that's excellent. Google barely offers service at all for that matter.

I have university fiber which is around 500MB/s over ethernet, I manage 200MB/s over their wireless AC.

well ofc your going to complain about their fiber services whit those speeds, the difference is barely noticeable, i'm sure you can count how many people have over 100mbit service in the us, also their fiber is suppose to be a wake up call and not to compete directly whit isp's but whit the way things are going the have to push more

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm in NY but I feel exactly the same. A few years ago their service was lacking, but right now I'd have to say Optimum is the best ISP in the US.

goat status, never, NEVER have any issues with their service. its great and fast.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Yes technically true yet a bit facetious: We all know that isps like comcast enjoy zone monopolies and had access to tax breaks to improve infrastructure (whenever they used it or not) The only reason why Google can't expand more and quickly it's because of guys like Comcast and the broken rules for isps, not due to Google's unwillingness

-------

Current Rig

-------

I feel like getting sent dozens of routers and charged $2000 for them would be worse than losing my job.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I think that Comcast needs to be forced to sell off some of it's territory, they are obviously far too large to behave themselves. For once I think the government should step in lol.

(Didn't they do something similar to microsoft back in the 90's? I vaguely remember something about them having a monopoly or almost having one or something)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

sadad

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Comcast just needs to get the fuck out already, there were about 4 months in a row that they were charging us DOUBLE what we were supposed to pay because when we upgraded our modem the dumbass support rep didn't de-activate the old modem.

Not to mention the countless hours that had been spent trying to get them to do shit about our internet not working correctly, there were over 10 calls made to them, and multiple online support chats, after we went through all that shit with them they finally decided to send someone out to take a look at the problem, all it was was just a fucking loose barrel connector.

They also claimed that us getting 20mb/s down and 5mb/s up on our 30mb/s down 6mb/s up package was NORMAL, and that we were supposed to be getting those speeds even though we clearly were paying for 30mb/s not 20mb/s.

I really wish that some high speed internet provider that actually gives a shit about their customers would start up and crush comcast.

I'd rather have google fibre than comcast, even if that means google gets to track all my information, though its not like they don't already.... (I use chrome on all my phone, tablet, desktop, and really anything else that is able to have google chrome on it.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Comcast just needs to get the fuck out already, there were about 4 months in a row that they were charging us DOUBLE what we were supposed to pay because when we upgraded our modem the dumbass support rep didn't de-activate the old modem.

Not to mention the countless hours that had been spent trying to get them to do shit about our internet not working correctly, there were over 10 calls made to them, and multiple online support chats, after we went through all that shit with them they finally decided to send someone out to take a look at the problem, all it was was just a fucking loose barrel connector.

They also claimed that us getting 20mb/s down and 5mb/s up on our 30mb/s down 6mb/s up package was NORMAL, and that we were supposed to be getting those speeds even though we clearly were paying for 30mb/s not 20mb/s.

I really wish that some high speed internet provider that actually gives a shit about their customers would start up and crush comcast.

Every single comcast customer just needs to start recording and documenting EVERYTHING like this and putting it up online or if need be sending it to the news (for when comcast cuts your internet off for making bad comments about them).

Literally, document every single little thing they do wrong and put it out there. Someone needs to make a "how bad comcast sucks" website.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Every single comcast customer just needs to start recording and documenting EVERYTHING like this and putting it up online or if need be sending it to the news (for when comcast cuts your internet off for making bad comments about them).

Literally, document every single little thing they do wrong and put it out there. Someone needs to make a "how bad comcast sucks" website.

This is pretty close: http://comcastsucksballs.blogspot.com/

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

next thing you know Comcast has people who complain about their service marked as a target.

Isn't this kind of stuff illegal for both Comcast and the company doing the firing. Best thing this guy can do is at least make his story as public as possible, also sue. 

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

People paranoid of Google tracking your information should just turn off all of their electronic devices.

On topic though, shitty Comcast being shitty. I prefer to have less government intervention but ISPs really need to be regulated. We need more guys like Google offering gigabit for cheap.

There's something really wrong with the company that guy worked for if the company obliged comcast's request.

They did.  And I agree.  Which is bad, when we agree the government should step in.  Comcast has gotten way too fat for its britches.

I think that Comcast needs to be forced to sell off some of it's territory, they are obviously far too large to behave themselves. For once I think the government should step in lol.

(Didn't they do something similar to microsoft back in the 90's? I vaguely remember something about them having a monopoly or almost having one or something)

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Comcast were always Assholes. Hell, they were the star example in my debate for Social class about how NAFTA was bad for NA.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

They did.  And I agree.  Which is bad, when we agree the government should step in.  Comcast has gotten way too fat for its britches.

The government? Do something?

nxq7h4v.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

offers countrywide service that's excellent. Google barely offers service at all for that matter.

at all for that matter.

is around 500MB/s over ethernet, I manage 200MB/s over their wireless AC.

I manage 200MB/s over their wireless AC.

*Does spit take*

post-145931-0-08543400-1412656188_thumb.

This is frankly the fastest I've ever seen my Comcast 802.11ac connection get.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Remember when articles posted in this section had some effort put into them? 

I remember. 

I get that you guys want news out fast, cause it matters, but is it too much to ask that you format it properly, quote the relevant pieces, and all that fun stuff? 

There is more to the story, I'm sure of it. This doesn't make any sense at all. 

It doesn't. 

If its the firm I think it is, and really at that level you have 5 firms capable of handling the books for companies like Comcast, then those firms don't just fire without cause. 

They actively AVOID doing that. It paints them in a bad light if a employee is up to no good and word gets out. Potential employees pick firms based off image just as much as the portfolio that image has. Client as well, and they don't need anyone finding out that they tolerate shenanigans in financial matters. 

So this guy is hiding something. Or a lot of things. The article on consumerist was very vague and seemed as if it was half assed and hastily written. A lot of things here don't add up at all. Devil's advocate and all, but I don't think Comcast is the evil they normally are here. There are a lot of details being deliberately left out by this man. 

Of course, no firm is going to comment on something like this, but no firm at this level straight up fires employees based off something like this either, not off the cuff as it is being portrayed at any rate. You really, really need to TRY to get fired, even the recommendations of a client won't cause it. It takes some serious "You pissed off the partners" to get a pink slip at this level.