Comcast ruined a customer's future career.

Lightning

http://consumerist.com/2014/10/06/unhappy-customer-comcast-told-my-employer-about-complaint-got-me-fired/

TL;DR

Guy complains to comcast about errors in bill and services.

Comcast screws with customer.

Comcast deals business with customer's company.

Customer gets fired from company.

I don't think Comcast can sink any lower than that.

lol #optimumonlineFTW #newjerseyperks

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

We pay them. I feel terrible.

But it's 1.5Mb/s or Comcast.

SAVE US GOOGLE!

Google? There's absolutely no way Google would be better than this...unless you'd like to have ALL of your data collected.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Google? There's absolutely no way Google would be better than this...unless you'd like to have ALL of your data collected.

I would rather than pay Comcast or use Dial-Up (AT&T)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I'd rather risk that then loosing a job just because I complained about horrible service and getting billed for things I never wanted nor knew about.

Edit: Not to mention Comcast is probably more likely to give my data to the NSA than Google.

Every topic I post in dies.

I'm very happy with my comcast business class Iinternet but HOLY SHIT THAT'S  FUCKING TERRIBLE AND COMCAST SHOULD DIE IN A HORRIBLE FIRE!!!!

I would rather than pay Comcast or use Dial-Up (AT&T)

I guess...but honestly as far as objectivity goes the company where you're the product doesn't seem like an ideal ISP.

You know who needs to start a disruptive ISP? Elon Musk. We know you can do it buddy. Get on it.

Edit: Not to mention Comcast is probably more likely to give my data to the NSA than Google.

Google willingly complied with the NSA several times, besides which they collect shit tons of data on their own.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This is why you record all phone conversations with a big company, he wouldn't have to request it and he could probably sue both Comcast and his employer (which I hope he does anyway).

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

The obvious answer would be to switch to another ISP; sadly, thats not an option because Comcast usually has no competition. :(

Your ISP should NOT be able to get you fired! That is REDICULOUS!

Thats horrible.

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Mouse -Theron  Sound - HyperX Cloud

Isn't this illegal in some way? Just because he was angry at their service doesn't mean he should be fired or considered an unethical worker. This would be like if I said I didn't like Honda and then I am kicked out of university, blacklisted for any job, housing, etc.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Your data gets collected by someone no matter what.

Isn't this illegal in some way? Just because he was angry at their service doesn't mean he should be fired or considered an unethical worker. This would be like if I said I didn't like Honda and then I am kicked out of university, blacklisted for any job, housing, etc.

If it went down like the guy says it did, then it is illegal and he has a case against Comcast.

I really hope he sues them, that's messed up.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Your data gets collected by someone no matter what.

Well I want to make sure it gets collected by the least amount of people possible ;)

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Well I want to make sure it gets collected by the least amount of people possible ;)

How come? you obviously love the government so much, what are you hiding? "you shouldn't desire privacy unless you're doing something illegal"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

What the actual f*****uck?

Well, now I know which ISP not to subscribe to if ever I end up there....

How come? you obviously love the government so much, what are you hiding? "you shouldn't desire privacy unless you're doing something illegal"

I don't see the train of thought here.

I don't love the government, not sure where you got that from...being anti-authoritarian is a strong aspect of being a liberal no matter how you put it. I'm actually more anti-authoritarian than you are, I'm just not stupid about how I express that sentiment and I'm a rational, realistic thinker.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Comcast, you already won the Worst Company in America award, you don't need to keep trying for it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

this is low, to damn low, wtf do comcast gets whit firing some dude from his job, also this article explains why comcast reps are forced to be a bunch of asses, feeling like sharing this http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/28/5936959/comcast-confessions-when-every-call-is-a-sales-call

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

... Good old Comcast. That's sad.

Sadly Comcast is the fastest ISP out here as far as I know. Haven't looked in to FIOS though.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Right now it's the price you have to pay in order to use their superior products and services, and as long as the data isn't handed over to future employers or the government, I really don't care who has it.

I'd give my left nut and first born for some Google fiber where I live, the best I can get is 3Mbps through AT&T.

PS: I use psuedonyms, false locations and multiple e-mail accounts already, and I usually give employers a clean secondary e-mail and conduct my financing through a primary account, and yet another account for Google services like Youtube and Google Play. Of course these are only diversionary, if they mapped my IP's they'd know it was me. I'm not safe from someone who really wanted to find me, but then again I don't give people a reason too.

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

Comcast should pay the guys salary from here on out accompanied by free service.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Right now it's the price you have to pay in order to use their superior products and services, and as long as the data isn't handed over to future employers or the government, I really don't care who has it.

I don't really see their products as superior but any number of people here can tell you that. Future employers can still Google you and Google frequently bends over for the government.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I don't really see their products as superior but any number of people here can tell you that. Future employers can still Google you and Google frequently bends over for the government.

do you honestly know a company that offers internet better that google fiber in the whole us, in the few places it is, it really destroys other offers, as for their web stuff well like a lot of things that's subjective to people preferences 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here