*** WARNING Patreon Considers Taking Down Creators They Disagree With*** #GamerGate

Izomo

You may or may not have heard of "The Sarkeesian Effect" which launched just before Sept. Their project is to interview various people and explore Anita Sarkeesian and those like her. They have said many times that they will be fair and not put anyone's public information out there. But those against this project have been trying to get it shut down since it was launched.

This morning the CEO / Co-founder of Patreon said this on the subject:

527e647085f0df7f8d5bb3a190ce0de5.png

68b05fc22484d77373735f4b915d9d82.png

You may or may not support the "Sarkessaian Effect", but think how many youtubers and content creators actually use patreon. Now pretty much everyone has a patreon, everyone with massively different views or goals. I personally don't think that if someone steps out of line with what patreon agrees with, that their patreon should be shut down and that is what could happen right now. Show this to those who use patreon has a source of income and warn them.

Edit: Open Letter to Jack Conte

What is the sarkessian effect?

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

What is the sarkessian effect?

It's in the link that was posted. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Jack Conte is the head of Patreon, right? Are Dave Doyle and Eric Striffler anybody important, or are they just random Twitter users?

Jack Conte is the head of Patreon, right? Are Dave Doyle and Eric Striffler anybody important, or are they just random Twitter users?

Jacke Conte is co-founder/CEO of twitter. 

Dave Doyle has a couple hundred followers, so a random user. Eric Striffler has 14k followers, but I have no idea why. But Eric seems to be very neutral about it and Dave Doyle is the one attacking it.

Thunderf00t got his twitter banned because of the Sharkeesian Effect... I don't know why but I despise people like her...

Social Justice is frail concept in reality, the very act of trying to define or educate people requires that one first believe they have an understanding that others do not.  It also can become a flawed debate because the ideals that frame social justice outcomes are are subjective and quite often cultural.  Thus the aim of any project that tends to particular social outcomes can defeat itself if the driving desire for auspicious is grounded in non critical criteria.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

if the user is sticking within the term's of service which said user agree's with before starting a patreon account I dont think theirs a problem

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I think people in general need to grow up and realize that just because something offends them, doesn't mean that it shouldn't exist or be banned or something.

You have a right to be offended, I have a right to be offensive, you also have the right to offend me, grow up and realize that no matter what you do in life, people will get offended.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think people in general need to grow up and realize that just because something offends them, doesn't mean that it shouldn't exist or be banned or something.

You have a right to be offended, I have a right to be offensive, you also have the right to offend me, grow up and realize that no matter what you do in life, people will get offended.

Your logic is offending me. Please delete and replace with kittens, but make sure to add a trigger warning.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Your logic is offending me. Please delete and replace with kittens, but make sure to add a trigger warning.

The word "crown" in your signature offends me, please delete and replace with the word "button" :P

Call me ignorant if you wish, I'm just tired, but what exactly is the big deal?

Call me ignorant if you wish, I'm just tired, but what exactly is the big deal?

Attempts to censor content creators based on assumptions of what their content contains - not a terribly big deal. If Patreon decides to axe their project page, Patreon will be seen as biased and those content creators will be left to find other means to support their work. A speed bump with possibly bigger implications.

Attempts to censor content creators based on assumptions of what their content contains - not a terribly big deal. If Patreon decides to axe their project page, Patreon will be seen as biased and those content creators will be left to find other means to support their work. A speed bump with possibly bigger implications.

Ah, thank you sir (or madam).

This is atrocious.

She was nominated on the Golden Globe awards for the "Best Gaming Personality".

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

These vile human beings will stop at nothing to silence a truthful voice. I've been following this for a long time now and proudly support #GamerGate 

When you post nasty things so publicly, people WILL screencap it and pass the message. Recently, Intel dropped sponsorship with Gamasutra because head writer posted really vile things all over Twitter and all the backlash began. In fact, several sponsors from various bias sites have been dropped due to this revolt.

When you piss off people, don't be surprised when pitchforks and fire come into play. 

I don't hate humanity as much as most people seem to but that's almost enough to make me give up.

90% of gaming news/popular news' view on the gaming culture is just

3VWJLyF.jpg

@Coombzy

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Good lord, this.

People think the world must be in their view, and that they are entitled to a change if there's something they don't like about it.

News flash: the world sucks, the people who are happy are the ones who get over it, and enjoy the parts that dont.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Good lord, this.

People think the world must be in their view, and that they are entitled to a change if there's something they don't like about it.

News flash: the world sucks, the people who are happy are the ones who get over it, and enjoy the parts that dont.

I'm trying to, been arguing with builder for the last 45 minutes or so. Starting to care less.

#3:41

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Lol I'm not being defensive just so you know, I aknowledge other peoples rights to offend me. You ever heard of Frankie Boyle? otherwise known as the Hannibal Lector of comedy?