First person to buy Iphone 6 in Australia drops it...

If he waited so long, why not wait that little bit longer and unbox it at home? Still nerdy either way.

Maybe the news reporter asked him to show it? So please don't play judge.

Maybe the news reporter asked him to show it? So please don't play judge.

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. We can only speculate.

Why is this shit news?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Guys dont think u realize an iphone in Aus is like $1000 woukdnt u be worried if u just dropped something worth $1000 regardless of what it is?

Okay let me get this off my chest. The guy is an adult. I'm sure he could have waited until he got home. He's like a kid with a new toy. I personally find this cringe worthy and nerdy. But hey at least he got his 60 seconds of fame right?

This person opens the iphone box with shaking hands (lol) and the iphone falls out. The guy checks the screen like it's a living thing and realises he's a nerd. The phone although dropping from a reasonable height apparently survived and was undamaged (to the customers delight).

So folks what does this say? Well when you purchase something, don't act nerdy and like a child with a new toy and wait until you get home. Still this is funny and a pity he didn't have a scrape on it.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/19/first-man-to-buy-iphone-6-in-australia-promptly-drops-it-on-live-television-epic-fail-4874614/

I think the fact he was being interviewed live on television with hundreds of people around him watching is probably an acceptable reason to be nervous, especially if he was an introverted person. Probably had less to do with him being a "Nerd." I hardly think he would have opened the box then and there if a reporter hadn't come running over with a camera crew to interview him and look at the phone.

The fact he waited in line for hours to be the first person in Perth to get an iphone is probably the higher issue here.

The hype in Australia over the new phone has be very unprofessional I have found,  not one news report I have heard/seen had actual information about new features or particulars about the product, they may as well have been talking Hollywood gossip.

Not many people buying an iphone really cares about the spec or features anyway. Iphones are sold on the back of Hollywood style hype.

That is why you do Unboxings on a table. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I know that Apple packaging can be tricky... I'm not joking, it is rather difficult to get sufficient purchase to open it with any kind of reasonable control... especially in those circumstances.

Anyway, I think the shaking was less about him being an embarrassing nerd (I saw no evidence of that besides the fact he was the front of the queue on day one) and more to do with being on TV and in front of (what sounded like) a large crowd of people looking on.

Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. We can only speculate.

The news reporter did ask to see it. I heard the audio while going to school today.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

xD What a fail.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

when i ordered the 4 everyone was quing and shit.......mine came @ 9am release day......fuck your queues!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I wonder what would be the crowds reaction if he deliberately smashed it with a hammer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

when i ordered the 4 everyone was quing and shit.......mine came @ 9am release day......fuck your queues!

The only reason I can imagine people would queue for a product in Australia is because they see it on the news in America and think that's what they have to do.   It really is a sheep mentality when you consider that shops will hold a product for you if you place a pre-order and you can pick it up as soon as the shop opens. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's just a phone...calm down. This isn't touching breasts for the first time, it's a block of metal with some glass that makes phone calls.

all iphones must be dropped its in the terms and conditions that no one reads

This is why you don't make shitty packaging, that creates negative pressure when opening it. When the pressure is equalized, the two parts will jerk apart. And because the phone is not properly secured to the bottom part, that happened. I'm sure this poor guy will not be the only one to do that.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I just feel really bad for the guy. I dropped my HTC One M8 down 4 flights of stairs after having it a few months of having it. I almost cried.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Well, now there's a live iPhone 6 drop test for ya. How convenient!

TrinityFX

CPU: i5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz RAM: Crucial 1 x 4GB @ 1.6Ghz  MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate GPU: PCS+ HD 7870 Ghz Edition | CASE: NZXT Source 210 Window | HDD #1: Toshiba 3.5" 500GB HDD #2: Toshiba 2.5" 500GB PSU: Cougar SL500 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2wccCJ |

Well, now there's a live iPhone 6 drop test for ya. How convenient!

and it survived, altough most "proffesional" drop tests break them, something fishy, but where?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

This is why you don't make shitty packaging, that creates negative pressure when opening it. When the pressure is equalized, the two parts will jerk apart. And because the phone is not properly secured to the bottom part, that happened. I'm sure this poor guy will not be the only one to do that.

True, it happened to Austin:

http://instagram.com/p/tIv_fZIQbX

I am guessing the pressure of being on TV and a big crowd made him nervous and dropped it. At least the iPhone comes sealed inside the package.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

and it survived, altough most "proffesional" drop tests break them, something fishy, but where?

At that height, the impact is insignificant. There's probably a few scratches in the camera and some hairline scratches at the back plate but it'll survive even on "professional" drop tests (same height). :D

TrinityFX

CPU: i5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz RAM: Crucial 1 x 4GB @ 1.6Ghz  MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate GPU: PCS+ HD 7870 Ghz Edition | CASE: NZXT Source 210 Window | HDD #1: Toshiba 3.5" 500GB HDD #2: Toshiba 2.5" 500GB PSU: Cougar SL500 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/2wccCJ |