First person to buy Iphone 6 in Australia drops it...

Okay let me get this off my chest. The guy is an adult. I'm sure he could have waited until he got home. He's like a kid with a new toy. I personally find this cringe worthy and nerdy. But hey at least he got his 60 seconds of fame right?

This person opens the iphone box with shaking hands (lol) and the iphone falls out. The guy checks the screen like it's a living thing and realises he's a nerd. The phone although dropping from a reasonable height apparently survived and was undamaged (to the customers delight).

So folks what does this say? Well when you purchase something, don't act nerdy and like a child with a new toy and wait until you get home. Still this is funny and a pity he didn't have a scrape on it.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/19/first-man-to-buy-iphone-6-in-australia-promptly-drops-it-on-live-television-epic-fail-4874614/

Yes, just saw this, fucking stupid. I don't understand these people... HUGE FACEPALM

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

The hype in Australia over the new phone has be very unprofessional I have found,  not one news report I have heard/seen had actual information about new features or particulars about the product, they may as well have been talking Hollywood gossip.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Australia bought an iPhone? 

(I'm assuming you meant 'in'?)

Woops my bad. Should have reread the title.

Woops my bad. Should have reread the title.

If you want to change the title go into Full Editor mode, I understood the title though.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Too bad, I hoped it had cracked in two pieces. That's what the dude deserved anyway. It's already stupid waiting for days in line to get the darned thing before everyone else at an inflated price when you could get it from amazon in 2 days and spare yourself the hassle. If you insta-drop it right after purchase you're just an idiot. I also don't think you should ever buy an iphone, but that's another matter entirely.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Holy shit his hands are shaking like crazy.

Who cares? 

Why do people get so weird over their phones. A phone is a tool to easily contact people and to access information easily. It is not a magic little box full of faeries and mystery.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

So would Apple replace it for him there and then if he had broken it? Right outside the store, first one to get it. I'd like to see if they would have. (Knowing apple they would)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Too bad the screen didn't shatter, would have been great to see the group of nerds gasp and reconsider their purchase

so this story is about someone who drops the iphone right when he gets it?

Okay?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

so this story is about someone who drops the iphone right when he gets it?

Okay?

This is what Tech makes people look like.

I feel sorry for the guy more than anything else. Also, let me get this off of *my* chest... This is hardly news is it?

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I feel sorry for the guy more than anything else. Also, let me get this off of *my* chest... This is hardly news is it?

That was referring to the guy being an adult. And who knows it's a news article on other sites.

Okay let me get this off my chest. The guy is an adult. I'm sure he could have waited until he got home. He's like a kid with a new toy. I personally find this cringe worthy and nerdy. But hey at least he got his 60 seconds of fame right?

This person opens the iphone box with shaking hands (lol) and the iphone falls out. The guy checks the screen like it's a living thing and realises he's a nerd. The phone although dropping from a reasonable height apparently survived and was undamaged (to the customers delight).

So folks what does this say? Well when you purchase something, don't act nerdy and like a child with a new toy and wait until you get home. Still this is funny and a pity he didn't have a scrape on it.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/19/first-man-to-buy-iphone-6-in-australia-promptly-drops-it-on-live-television-epic-fail-4874614/

Your title is completely incorrect, This was the first person in Perth to buy an iPhone and because Perth is 2 hours behind the East coast of Australia (where the majority of Australians and Apple stores are) in couldn't possibly be the first iPhone sold in Australia.

Your title is completely incorrect, This was the first person in Perth to buy an iPhone and because Perth is 2 hours behind the East coast of Australia (where the majority of Australians and Apple stores are) in couldn't possibly be the first iPhone sold in Australia.

Take it up with the source.

It wasn't the first person to buy an iPhone 6, it was the first person in Australia...

Perth to be more specific.

sorry I had to.

Hey, You're beautiful :O

you might want to take that up with the news report not the OP.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It wasn't the first person to buy an iPhone 6, it was the first person in Australia...

Perth to be more specific.

sorry I had to.

See my reply above. And The title says in Australia. I never said it was the first person in the world to buy the iphone.

So i see, you have been interviewed live for maybe the first time in your life, after just bought something that you liked and waited for a long time to be released, and not nervous about it. Good for you.

So i see, you have been interviewed live for maybe the first time in your life, after just bought something that you liked and waited for a long time to be released, and not nervous about it. Good for you.

If he waited so long, why not wait that little bit longer and unbox it at home? Still nerdy either way.