[EKWB] EK unveils revolutionary new NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 water blocks

VSG

Source

EK-FC980-GTX_NP_fit&fill3_590poster.jpg

For the first time ever, the EK-FC980 GTX water block features a central inlet split-flow cooling engine design -  just like with the flagship EK-Supremacy EVO CPU water block - for best possible cooling performance. Such type of heat exchanger also works flawlessly with reversed water flow without adversely affecting the cooling performance. Moreover this radical design offers great hydraulic perfromance allowing this product to be used in liquid cooling systems using weaker water pumps.

I have the Supremacy Evo and personally, I am glad to see the split inlet flow making it to GPU blocks as well now. With reports of these cards hitting 1400+ MHz core on air, I can't wait to see how these perform under water1

My watercooled 780Ti is crying right now. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Fapulous water block.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Interesting.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I'm sitting here with my (newly acquired :D) 650ti boost wishing I had the money for a custom loop and a gpu worthy of a custom loop

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

Gahhhhh It makes me wish I could do a custom loop even more ;(

With you on that one :(

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

already?! damn, I was not expecting a block for a couple of months.

Nice sensationalist title...

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Really interesting looking design on the water channels. Never been a fan of nickel though, I've always liked basic a basic copper look more.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Really interesting looking design on the water channels. Never been a fan of nickel though, I've always liked basic a basic copper look more.

Ya I know what you u mean- good thing they have options for nickel/copper, plexi/acetal as well as their original/clean design style as well. I really had no plans on "upgrading" but these definitely are a good motivator lol.

Finally ek put the effort into cooling the vrms. I got into it with their design and engineering team several times over this with the 780/ti blocks.

They insisted vrm cooling was not necessary.

I insisted it was half assed to not include it.

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

Finally ek put the effort into cooling the vrms. I got into it with their design and engineering team several times over this with the 780/ti blocks.

They insisted vrm cooling was not necessary.

I insisted it was half assed to not include it.

Uh what? All full cover blocks by EK cool the VRMs. Perhaps you're thinking of a different company?

HkEXMui.png

The non full coverage blocks. Especially for the classified cards. I hope ek is beyond that for good now. All serious blocks should cover vrms. Especially at eks price points and absolutely on oc card blocks. With no exception.

@EK_Derick, The EK website says that the EK-FC980 GTX - Nickel (Original CSQ) is not compatible with the FC Bridge. Is this a misprint?.. it looks like it should work..

The non full coverage blocks. Especially for the classified cards. I hope ek is beyond that for good now. All serious blocks should cover vrms. Especially at eks price points and absolutely on oc card blocks. With no exception.

Are you referring to the core VRMs or memory VRMs? The former is covered and the latter was due to EVGA underestimating how much people would push them on air lol. Not a biggie, they get hit but don't limit memory OC one bit.

@EK_Derick, The EK website says that the EK-FC980 GTX - Nickel (Original CSQ) is not compatible with the FC Bridge. Is this a misprint?.. it looks like it should work..

Fixed. Good catch :)

"Non full coverage" You realize full cover blocks are defined as cooling GPU core, VRAM and VRMs, which that block does completely? We were told that the memory VRMs did not need water cooling, so we didn't. Future revisions of the 900 classified series will see the memory VRMs water cooled.

@EK_Derick about that thread you started so people could ask you questions about the EK blocks and never returned to...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/215485-ek-water-blocks-general-support-thread/

Planning on ever returning to this?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

All I know is I'm glad ek is cooling all that should be now. I might even buy ek for a daily water system.

I'm wondering, with the jet plate design, does that mean that cards must be run with a set in and out point?

So for SLI, that would mean only parallel flow is an option, without messy tubing runs.

Because that's how it is on the Evo Cpu block, why would this be different?

It still has cold fluid in and hot fluid out, not really revolutionary from where I come from. What next a flow indicator to make it earth shattering?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.