[EKWB] EK unveils revolutionary new NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 water blocks

VSG

Must.....get more money.

I want dat swag so bad.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not my title, but I can see where they are coming from- that split fin flow + no separate VRM section is new:

They've done whole blocks for a long time with no separate VR section.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That looks really nice. The black version is drool worthy. Can't wait to see some builds with some 980's on water. Want to see how far these things can be taken too.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

anyone know if they'll release non-reference blocks? I don't really don't want to deal with the reference fan noise while saving for a loop.

Fixed. Good catch :)

no problem, was wondering how the hell I was going to miracle a sli config with my new blocks there for a sec  :D

@EK_Derick about that thread you started so people could ask you questions about the EK blocks and never returned to...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/215485-ek-water-blocks-general-support-thread/

Planning on ever returning to this?

lol, done!

anyone know if they'll release non-reference blocks? I don't really don't want to deal with the reference fan noise while saving for a loop.

Of course we will in the coming months. Although IIRC TPU said the stock fan was around 34 db under load so I wouldn't be too concerned about fan noise.

lol, done!

Of course we will in the coming months. Although IIRC TPU said the stock fan was around 34 db under load so I wouldn't be too concerned about fan noise.

What about coil whine? do the manufacturers produce the cards to nvidias specs's with their own board parts? I've had good luck with Asus cards, not so much EVGA.

Again, in my experience, coil whine is just bad luck. I bought two MSI 780 Lightnings at the exact same time. One had it pretty bad, the other sounded perfect. I've had coil whine from an Asus Mars I card even... 

Again, in my experience, coil whine is just bad luck. I bought two MSI 780 Lightnings at the exact same time. One had it pretty bad, the other sounded perfect. I've had coil whine from an Asus Mars I card even... 

Seems to be the case, I wish it didn't exist.

I was about to order one of these, but the backplates are no longer available. Can these be installed without the ek backplate?

They can be installed without the BPs. The BPs will be up in the webshop shortly though.

They can be installed without the BPs. The BPs will be up in the webshop shortly though.

Awesome, thanks. Seems I skimmed the article too quickly.

I was wondering if you guys had any plans to make acetal/copper only blocks for the upcoming 980 classified? It's a bit of a deal breaker for me.

If confirmed, I would cancel my order for a reference 980 and wait until October for the classy.If 780 classy blocks work, then I'd say there are enough nickle plated varieties anyways!

Maybe I'll just get some Feser Base and be done with the kill-coil.

What kind of timeline are we looking at for GTX 970 block availability?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Neato. Looks pretty.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Derick, with the jet plate design, does it matter which side is the input?

Either side is fine.

Too tired to read. Somebody tell me what does it do and should I give a crap ? 

Too tired to provide details.

I was wondering if you guys had any plans to make acetal/copper only blocks for the upcoming 980 classified? It's a bit of a deal breaker for me.

If confirmed, I would cancel my order for a reference 980 and wait until October for the classy.If 780 classy blocks work, then I'd say there are enough nickle plated varieties anyways!

Maybe I'll just get some Feser Base and be done with the kill-coil.

Nothing has been confirmed at this point but it isn't something I'd hold my breath for. Nickel is much more popular than copper.

What kind of timeline are we looking at for GTX 970 block availability?

We're still determining which PCBs need new blocks and which ones already have blocks available. Check coolingconfigurator.com for your card and there may be an answer.

Too tired to provide details.

I just read it lol :P 

Is this just like the EVO performing worse than the Supremacy just like the Supremacy performs worse than the older Supreme Hf? 

I just read it lol :P

Is this just like the EVO performing worse than the Supremacy just like the Supremacy performs worse than the older Supreme Hf? 

I am aware of just 2 good tests comparing the Evo with the original Supremacy and the results are 1-1 in each side. I also am pretty sure the Supremacy outperforms the Supreme HF as well.

I am aware of just 2 good tests comparing the Evo with the original Supremacy and the results are 1-1 in each side. I also am pretty sure the Supremacy outperforms the Supreme HF as well.

Well according to your review the EVO performs worse than the orginal Supremancy and according to Singularity Computer's review the Supremacy performs worse than the Supreme HF. 

My own review? I only had the Evo and Koolance 380i in it, I never had the original Supremacy to begin with. The only 2 tests out there that do, and that I trust, are from Stren and Moonmanovich.

Daniel (Singularity Computers) is a great guy and builds some excellent loops but I would hardly take his benchmarking/testing results as granted to be honest. Take a look at testing methodology from various people and think about the various way it can go wrong.

It's so pretty. Now I want a 980 even more.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB