Did you ever had a PC part die on you?

TheRagingGamer

I've never had anything die on me that I haven't broken myself.

Well, nothing but my graphics card so far, after playing a game for a while or leaving the computer on for more than a day, I usually get visual corruption and have to restart the computer.

I've just ended up letting the gpu overheat for a while, it's a dieing card so I stopped caring as much. My main issue is that I don't have a job (also being that I live in a small, town that likes acting like city) and can't seem to find one, unless I sell my life to working a factory job.

Once the card doesn't send a signal to my monitor altogether, I'll put it in the oven and play the role of necromancy. While praying to almighty cthulhu, I'll also make sure to have a bunch of dim candles. 

yea my hitahcie's last forever i use them soo often for clients

The one I have about is renowned for catastrophic failure.

I am the Black Mage, I cast the magic that makes the people fall down

Some lovely expensive 8GB  Mushkin DDR2 RAM at the time.

P2233960_zps3466a005.jpg

Also my PSU blew, it was the old Gigabyte Odin. It took my water pump, and AMD 4870X2 graphics card with it. :'(

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Oh, I forgot to add. My PSU blew after 6 moths of owning it. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Never had a single component break or fail

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No. Must have had luck. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I had an Asus P8Z77VLX die a few years ago, and a couple of months ago my 3570K bit the dust (still unsure of the cause). Also numerous fan bearings, had a few monitors develop dead pixels. 

and a CPU never dies no matter what you do with it 

well they are very tough, but my ivy pentium died after water damage

well I'm the guy with 6 part failures in the first 4 months, and 3 more in the next 2

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I use many old parts that got used 24/7, and the only thing that failed is a redundant server PSU, it had been running for like 7 years straight, powering 2 Pentium 2 on a Asus board with some SD-RAM in it, impressive thing being that the SCSI HDD wich has been running for the same amount of time is still not dead.

few years ago i bought my 2nd 690 for my previous build (RIVE, 3960x) i had the thing for a few days when i was presented with the dreaded RSOD (red screen of dead: slichip on the card died shorting at least 1 core out) needless to say i was not amused :3

Luckely the warrenty on the thing was great and after sending it back and waitiing for a few weeks :/ i got a brand new one back...

--- CoolerMaster Cosmos II, Asus RoG Rampage IV Black ED, 3 way SLI GTX980's, Intel i74960x @4500Mhz, 16Gb Dominator Platinum 2666Mhz, 3x 25" +1 27"  Surround (6040x1080p +1920x1080), Asus RoG Xonar Phoebus 7.1 15Tb WD HDD's, 1 Samsung 256Gb 830 SSD (gaming disk), 2 Intel 730 256Gb SSD's (Raid0)  --

onboard ethernet port we had a power spike though the LAN in a storm.

Brony for LIFE!!!

/)^3^(\ RD FTW
Daily carry: HTC one M8, pebbe steel PBD, nexus 7 2013

the problem with user reviews is that people are far, far more likely to review the product if they've had a bad experience than if they had a good experience.

I read Amazon reviews and wonder why if something arrived a day late you give it one star.  Most of the 1 star reviews in my view also have to do with receiving a product that's DOA but they return it and get a replacement without trouble, still they judge the product itself with 1 star.  Occasionally in any production process there is going to be a dud, it's how that dud is handled by the company you bought it from that matters and really should be subject to a separate review.  

Yup, my graphic card die, well not actually die, but more like broke, there was a fan attached to graphic card, that broke, while I was playing

i had a crappy psu die (it was from a really bad company and i was a newbie back then) ,i have ram stick that caused instability (i got another one from the shop for free) and a motherboard that it was physically damaged hard and lead to bsod 

the hard drive in my dimension 2400 died when I was 17 or 18 and I lost everything (though it did last me a while and, frankly, i should have seen the end coming). I was pretty gutted. At the time i was basically the photographer of the family so very nearly all of my, at the time, 4/5 year old sister's baby pictures were lost forever. the hard drive that we got to replace it a few days later is going now (not that it matters as the computer has not been usable in well over a year) and i am not entirely certain what is wrong with my laptop. it BSODs and freezes a lot. on the bright side, the Great Hard Drive Failure of 2009 taught me the importance of always backing up data.

I've brought 3 x 120gig ocz ssd's all failed within 6 months.

Kingston ftw

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Hasn't happened to me but a failed/defective PSU can set your build on fire.

Because he had a hard drive.

What is the biggest as in most important part in your rig that has failed. Previously recently. 

getting a h87 g43 gaming motherboard

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Motherboard, it just died after a small incident with an electrician sorting things around the house and me cleaning my pc in the meantime. I was lucky only my motherboard was destroyed. The electrician offered to pay for a new motherboard though so that was nice.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

My gpu died after 6 years or something. It was MSI ATI HD3870.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.