Did you ever had a PC part die on you?

TheRagingGamer

I pull tons of dead drives out of PC's I fix. "Most" well known companys have some good packing material, but take that with a grain of salt. If you buy some nice parts you should be ok but warantee's are a great thing when it comes to faulty parts. Good luck!

My Laptop
Apple Macbook Pro 13' with Retina Display, 2.4 GHz Core i5, 4 GB 1600 GHz DDR3, 256 GB m.2 SSD, OS X Yosemite, VMware Fusion Pro running Windows 7 and Ubuntu
<p>

Had a 3tb Seagate HHD die on me after 4 days, but lucky I bought it on Amazon so had no problem's getting my money back.

Cry Havoc!

My GPU died 2 times already and also my PSU died 

Total 3,so the answer is yes 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Yup that's how my first drive went.

The bit that really pissed me off was there was no symptom, it just stopped, no click, no strange noise, no slowdown, just death.

I am the Black Mage, I cast the magic that makes the people fall down

A Headset and a GPU (died of overheating, dang it).

i7-4790k | Prolimatech Megahalems Red Series | VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Veangeance | MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G | 2x120GB Sandisk SSD | 1TB HDD | Seasonic G-Series 550W
Bitfenix Prodigy M red

I have had the fan in my current pos laptop die about a month into my owning it. I have now had it for going on 4 years and it has yet to overheat, but never goes below a good 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

I had a new 100i die on me and a gtx780

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

The only thing to die on me was the optical drive on my laptop. Haven't had my custom pc for too long, so im sure something will go down sooner or later.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

The bit that really pissed me off was there was no symptom, it just stopped, no click, no strange noise, no slowdown, just death.

Yeah it pissed me off too, but luckily for me I had done a recent backup at the time. Also luckily, my second drive to fail gave me a bit of a warning with clicking noises, and freezing. So when the happened I went right over to Canada Computers and bought a WD drive.

I had the MB for my current build DOA. Sent it back and got a new one within three days. 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I had the MB for my current build DOA. Sent it back and got a new one within three days. 

new egg or amazon as i have had great experience with amazon

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

new egg or amazon as i have had great experience with amazon

I went through the manufacturer. They sent the new one out the day I called in for the RMA.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Yup, and it sucked. I went to see a client and help "move" the computer, turns out the client had already done it, so I went to confirm if it worked properly, proceeded to "turn it on" as it seemed to be off. Well I turned the screen and it said "shutting down" well, I thought to myself "well I just have to turn it on again, nothing wrong there" well... it did turn on but...the hard drive died on me. The client was next to me. Trying to explain that, it sucked big time.

My CX430M was DOA :(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Yeah it pissed me off too, but luckily for me I had done a recent backup at the time. Also luckily, my second drive to fail gave me a bit of a warning with clicking noises, and freezing. So when the happened I went right over to Canada Computers and bought a WD drive.

Seagate make damned expensive coasters.

Funny thing is I have an Hitachi Deathstar that's 6 years old and has never had any kind of issue and is in perfect health.

I am the Black Mage, I cast the magic that makes the people fall down

My OCZ Vertex, first SSD ever, died on me.  It was after about one and a half years of operation, and luckily there was a three year warranty.  When OCZ sent back the SSD, it was Vertex 3 and a pretty substantial upgrade.  Respectable service.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I had a 750 watt XFX gold rating PSU. Brand new and died in less than a month. Using then a loud pop and a terrible smell. It was only powering a 750 Ti and a 6300 so it was not being stressed. Warrantied that out, and im on number 2.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Never had anything DOA on me

CPU:AMD FX-8350 @ 4.4 Ghz  - Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 - RAM:Kingston Hyper X Blu - 8GB - GPU:Gigabyte GTX 760 - Case:NZXT H440 Red & Black - SSD:Kingston Digital 120GB - HDD:(2) Western Digital 1TB Blue - PSU:Thermaltake Smart 650W 80 PLUS Bronze - Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB - Mouse:Corsair M45

Seagate make damned expensive coasters.

Funny thing is I have an Hitachi Deathstar that's 6 years old and has never had any kind of issue and is in perfect health.

yea my hitahcie's last forever i use them soo often for clients

An Intel Motherboard (Actual Intel board), Corsair Vengeance Ram; Motherboard killed half the ram when it died. And a Gtx660 that decided it would turn itself into space heater. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

I envy you! 

Well its keeping me from using the onboard graphics of my CPU so im hoping it keeps going strong!

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask!