Did you ever had a PC part die on you?

TheRagingGamer

1 Mother Board 

4 video cards 

2 PSU (same unit) pop like a pop corn.

Anytime i read newegg reviews most of them are "DOA", "Lasted 6 days" etc...

So did anything like this happened to you because it never happened to me.

Only thing that ever dyed on me way my old PSU

nope. not yet.

Nothing to see here, move along

One of the older corsair SSDs died on me, I have had HDDs, SSDs, motherboards and RAM modules die. Some new some old.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Never had anything die on me.... hopefully not any time soon either.... (does a Corsair K70 count?..)

i have my old mobo ( ASUS P5KPL-AM SE) Die for no reason

and my old PSU (Corsair PSU 400W) Cause of i surgery that PSU LOL

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Antec PSU after 3 days, the replacement is still running. Two Sidewinder X6 keyboards, 3rd replacement is still working. Club3D GPU. Matrox HDD. Acer TFT monitor. BenQ TFT monitor. Razer Copperhead mouse. HP camera, twice. HP laptop. Lenovo laptop cooler.

Maybe stuff that I've forgot. But point is that its still only few compared to stuff that is working nicely and have long life in service.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Nothing die on me, but I killed the first motherboard of my current build. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Haven't had anything die on me, but I'm 75% sure my graphics card is going to some time this year.

I've had a few HDD's die on me, but idc, i don't have any pictures on my HDD. All of my family photo's are stored on either a USB or in my google drive account. I have to many USB's to ever worry about losing them, and then if the do all die, i can just redownload them. I don't even have to worry about my massive steam libary either, I have fibre optics with 80mb down, 19mb up, and i only ever download the games i want to play, i don't bother downloading all my games.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Well I made one HDD die by putting pressure on it (I'm such an idiot) It was a old 80 gigabyte one anyway. Also had 1 kingston usb die on me, also had a corsair one died, The 64 GB corsair survivor one, died 15 seconds after first using it...

I had my first MSI Z77 MPower (New) die after a few months, my Intel 2600k (New) also died. My EVGA GTX 670 (Used) was dead on arrival. EVGA replaced it with a GTX 670FTW, I had to buy another 2600k and MSI replaced the MPower.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

i had a mobo and a hdd die on me only oh and a psu but that was old ,really old

DOA's are just a part of buying electronics.  I hate reviews for 1 star if the product is doa.  If you get a replacement and the process is not terrible then DOA shouldn't be a black mark on the product.

and for the second part

I have had computers and computer parts fail over time but nothing out of the ordinary for this kind of thing.

pretty much this,  the only time a DOA is bad news for a complex tech product is if there is an unusually high number of DOAs for that brand/product, but this is impossible to determine from reviews as we don't know how many units have been sold.

And as I always say, how many DOAs are actual DOAs as opposed to how many die because people install them without anti-static bands or use too much force?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Well I made one HDD die by putting pressure on it (I'm such an idiot) It was a old 80 gigabyte one anyway. Also had 1 kingston usb die on me, also had a corsair one died, The 64 GB corsair survivor one, died 15 seconds after first using it...

i dropped my hitachi once, 1.5m drop and it still works 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

My Arctic i30's packed in fan was DoA.

Didn't notice for like 3 days.

So with that heatsink you can run an i5 4670k at stock and game on it without active cooling. Then I stole an old corsair for filler and replaced with some BeQuiets, then I got an H100i because it's sexier that way and I can have higher profile RAM.

I am the Black Mage, I cast the magic that makes the people fall down

An SSD, 3 Motherboards, 2 GPU's, 1 CPU, 1 HDD... I'm not the luckiest of people. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I've had 2 Seagate HDD's fail on me within a year. Done buying Seagate now.

#WesternDigitalMasterrace

I just had a Barracuda implode a few months ago, outright stopped working, windows couldn't even see it. Using another system the data was salvaged but I invested in some WD enterprise drives and now have actual backup.

Now I use the Seagate platters as coasters.

I am the Black Mage, I cast the magic that makes the people fall down

I've had a lot of components die on me over the years. Most notable amongst these: I've had three PSUs die on me; one caught fire and almost went out of control, another smoked and the third whined a lot before going pop. I've also had a motherboard go pop and take out RAM, modem (yes back in the day), graphics and hard drive. Also a few interesting graphics and display array (Eyefinity/3D Surround) related deaths including but not limited to EDID failures on a few monitors as well as display adapters blowing up.

Plenty of DOA kit...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I've just had a stick of Corsair XMS3 RAM die on me because I was careless when I pulled the label off and I cut a trace.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I think in total I've had two motherboards, one hard drive, one GPU and a few fans fail in the 20 years I've owned a PC.

Just a Bluetooth keyboard and a wall wart were DOA once. Nothing else. Most of the stuff that died on me was due to old age. I think on the old all-in-ones I once had it'd been the monitor that died, laptops met their end through mechanical problems, mostly. Broken hdd's, broken screens and in one case a solder joint on the GPU had cracked, which was fixed by reflowing in the oven but only lasted for 3 months after. That was in the early days of lead-free solder.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I've had two parts die, although from the same problem. A H100i failed on me and caused my CPU (an i5-4670k @ 4.4ghz) to kill itself in the process. Currently dealing with Corsair's own RMA, fingers crossed. How to lose a AIO and a CPU at once :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I just had a Barracuda implode a few months ago, outright stopped working, windows couldn't even see it. Using another system the data was salvaged but I invested in some WD enterprise drives and now have actual backup.

Now I use the Seagate platters as coasters.

Yup that's how my first drive went.