Did you ever had a PC part die on you?

TheRagingGamer

Team Elite DDR3 RAM 1600MHz 8GB - DoA

Microsoft LiveChat Lx-3000 headset - Died with honor at an impressive 6 years for service, R.I.P

Logitech H540 headset - Died after a measly 4-5 months, extremely disappointing.

Toshiba HDD 5400rpm 640GB 2.5" - Almost dead after 3 years, already replaced. 

I've had traces on motherboards go up in flames. 

and some old Maxtor hard drives that died. 

Yeah actually the ethernet port on my old motherboard just stopped working one day. Had to buy a $10 PCI-e adapter so it wasn't a big deal. Rest of the motherboard was fine.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Yui's fan (my laptop, specs in sig) died while I was typing out my thesis...

Every time I read the title of this thread it fills me full of rage: "Did you ever had a PC part die on you?"

Can any one else spot the mistake? These either one or another depending on how the sentence was originally intended to be formatted...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Every time I read the title of this thread it fills me full of rage: "Did you ever had a PC part die on you?"

Can any one else spot the mistake? These either one or another depending on how the sentence was originally intended to be formatted...

i am sorry, english is not my first language so i still sometimes make this kinds of mistakes.  How was it supposed to be written 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

My Corsair HX520 decided to try creating dubstep with its fan.

It worked, but the sound it made made me worry, so I bought a new one.

Other than that, there is nothing I can remember.

i am sorry, english is not my first language so i still sometimes make this kinds of mistakes.  How was it supposed to be written 

I know, sorry if how I drew attention to it made you feel bad.

A more correct form would be something like: "Have you ever had a PC part die on you?" or "Did you ever have a PC part die on you?"

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Had two DOA parts on my second build (Current), would have been really bad if it had been on my first

My Rig: i5 3570K, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, 8 GB Ram, Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB WD Blue HDD, Corsair CX 750M, Hyper Evo 212, Fractal R4 (Black Pearl)

Set Up: 2 X 21.5 Asus VE228 (1920 x 1080), Razer Deathadder 2014, Max Knighthawk X9 (Cherry Reds)

MSI Radeon HD 7950

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

1x USB Hub (that was my fault), 1 PS3 (worked after YLOD but had a huge fan problem, sounded like a jet) and 1 PSU. It literally blew up. By blew up, a big bang and a huge spark.

I once went thru 4 hard drives on a machine before I found out the motherboard was crap and would kill drives.. I burned it with fire...

Just fairly recently had my 660 Ti fail on me. The VRC(voltage regulation circuitry) failed on me. Something burst in that area. I wasn't around to hear it though - just found my PC off.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yesterday it was my old WD 800BB HDD, as soon as I put it in my P3 computer, and set it up to dual boot lubuntu/xp-it went 'click click click, burn'. Still having to wait for the smell of burnt electronics to clear.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I actually can't really think of too much dying on me.

I think I maybe had one or two HDD's over the years fail and that's about it.  The very first computer I ever owned back in 2000 still runs with its glorious 20gb HDD, but I don't think I've seen it plugged in for years now.  The second one we owned is still lying around somehwere too, although I stripped the video card out of it into another prebuilt my parents bought. (Which lies around collecting dust as well.)

As for systems  I've built, my sister is still using one of them and the other I use and both haven't had any issues beyond one of the 500 gb drives in my sister's computer failing. (Which tbh may have just been her installing some bullshit on it and me being lazy and unplugging it.)

i think I've just been lucky.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

My brother had a hard drive fail after about a year.  Now I have a vendetta against Hitachi.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD