Did you ever had a PC part die on you?

TheRagingGamer

I also had a gtx 780's fan die in the middle of a benchmark run causing it to brick immediatly amazon refunded it though  :P

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

4670K, murdered by a Z87 G1.Sniper M5, now I have a second 4670K and a Z97MX-Gaming 5

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

MoBo ... I bricked BIOS by my laziness when I didn't want to go for my USB flash drive in my other room so I decided to upgrade it from within Windows. I had to wait for over a month to RMA it so... I think I have learned something that day :D (I have different MoBo now).

My previous PSU died on me. Started getting the smell of burnt dust, then 20 seconds later my rig shut off. Then a horrid smell of the innards burning filled my room.

Straight away unplugged it from my rig and launched it out the window, went an ordered a replacement which arrived the next day, and all is fine.

It was a Corsair 650W 80+ Bronze. Damn thing lasted a good ~5 years, and it was running practically 24/7, never even cleaned it out. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Well my current rig is running strong, though my laptop that I used to use died all together about a week ago. (It was an ASUS k53TA BBR6, Very powerful laptop for the $300 I paid for it, but the build quality was utter shit.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Well my current rig is running strong, though my laptop that I used to use died all together about a week ago. (It was an ASUS k53TA BBR6, Very powerful laptop for the $300 I paid for it, but the build quality was utter shit.)

I had a macbook pro die on me and its glass went through my hand and out the other side when the screen was broken and i slammed it shut on my hand

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Built a rig 5 years ago, upgraded it over the years, and now the hard drive is dying.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

A really old Seagate drive and a 2 year old stick of Corsair vengeance ram, the drive was way past it's glory days (a 300 GB drive) and the stick of ram got replaced asap as soon as I contacted the store, had it in my hand 2 days later (and we live in the middle of nowhere).

3 Motherboards one bent pin another the actual Z77 chipset died and another just died.  3 AIO water cooler 2 from Corsair and one from Antec.  GTX 670 from EVGA the fan died twice on 2 separate cards.  

Yeah I have had bad luck :(  

3 hard drives (1 dropped, 2 old age), 1 GPU (7300GS), 1 RAM stick (inserted backwards lol), 1 optical drive - nothing major *knock on wood*

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Actually in all my years of computing I have never had any PC component actually fail on me. Touch wood. That includes my 10 year old PC that has been sitting under my bed for wel the past 10 years. It still boots up just fine.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I once broke a hdd and psu by connecting the hard drive to it while the system was powered on....

I5 4670k (Noctua NH U12S), Asus Maximus VI Hero, Nvidia GTX 560 ti Asus DCU II, 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Kingston SSDNow v300 120 gb SSD 1TB Seagate Baracuda, Corsair Carbide 300R

I like pie

An RM850, X-Fi Forte 7.1, a couple DVD drives, 8GB OCZ Gold... I feel like I am forgetting something ^^

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I once broke a hdd and psu by connecting the hard drive to it while the system was powered on....

but i do that all the time. nothing wrong happened yet 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

I've only ever had one part die on me, though I've had two DOA.

I had my first RAM kit (Corsair vengeance lp) with one stick DOA. I also had a Netgear switch arrive with some weird defect (maximum speed through it was 16Mb/s).

Last December I had my 1TB WD Caviar Blue die on me though.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I've only ever had one part die on me, though I've had two DOA.

I had my first RAM kit (Corsair vengeance lp) with one stick DOA. I also had a Netgear switch arrive with some weird defect (maximum speed through it was 16Mb/s).

Last December I had my 1TB WD Caviar Blue die on me though.

that's my hard drive

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

Seagate 3TB Hard drive 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

but i do that all the time. nothing wrong happened yet 

thats because he was probably talking about molex not sata power which is hot swap compatible

thats because he was probably talking about molex not sata power which is hot swap compatible

i just did it with molex to test your theory and the hdd and the psu still works 

SiS 650 (an old video card from the P4 days) died on me after a few weeks of heavy gaming... I was young and tried to max out the graphics in some of the games... Turns out that the card was on it's way to silicon heaven...

Everyone has killed a hard drive by dropping it.

Not me... Dropped a few HDDs and even a still turned on laptop... No damage... Not even to the data...

I've had a motherboard, a GPU fan, & a DVD drive fail on me. (Putting aside things like laptops and such)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society