Surely this is a joke?!?

MajorChipHazard

You thought OP's vid was bad? Check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s--YUBNkHc8

@Lanoi had a status about this? did you see how they put thermal paste? Waaay too much.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@Lanoi had a status about this? did you see how they put thermal paste? Waaay too much.

I got this from reddit. I wouldn't be surprised if it's suck on there like glue.

Check out the "How to install an APU" and "How to install LGA 2011 CPU"

Surely this isn't actually an MSI rep making youtube videos for hardware enthusiasts to watch, and making these mistake...? Right? ._.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkXRhBtzAHHeax1ljQXMd_A

oh good god i LOVE those gloves. 

I watched the video and while it was a bit clumsy it's going to work and spreading the TIM probably makes a barely measurable difference that's probably in the margin of error anyway. I understand that some of you are a bit craycray in the head when it comes to PCs and the accepted best ways to build them to maximize everything but frankly most of us just throw all the components at the case, push power and laugh at the people who flip out because the TIM a  bit messy.

These must be trolls

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Oh jesus wat.
I thought this video was bad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvNnv7nh2Es

But holy crap. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPhyn2C5mgs

-Wearing gloves for no apparent reason
-Putting silicon based thermal paste on (For a second I thought it was freaking toothpaste)
-Using the spread method
-Smearing it on the edge of the socket cover and leaving it.
And finally
-Putting what looks like an intel stock heatsink on a refresh processor.

Are MSI trying to scare people or make them break shit? I mean seriously, how bad can a product channel get?

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I spread my TIM....

I do a really good job to, I use a piece of card and make a nice little even square...

It's attention to detail man.

how do you put it on tho?

pea?

rice?

metal?

sombrero wearing kitten riding a unicron in space? (seriously thankyou)

i use the metal method. xD

legitimately i do, i make those little devil horns dead centre and at an angle it covers most of it, never had it go over the edges yet.... xD

works well so far...

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Should have used a butter knife at least. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Good job checking the cpu is in place by pushing on the TOP of the cpu with your BARE FINGER!,  I bet some noob will watch this and try to build a computer with gloves on, and then he ruins his cpu. Also, they put on WAY to much thermal paste!  

Where's the how to screw in a screw video? I am totally at a loss on how to mount my mobo :(

:lol: Right-y Tight-y, Left-y Loose-y ;)

Gloves, how lame do you have to be to need gloves?

RAM sore fingers for the win! B)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

WOW!!! Those are pretty bad! 

They used WAAAAAY too much TIM on that AM1 chip (nice blob hanging off the side) - and it's only a 25watt TDP part! LOL 

And the spreading of the paste... X_X  They don't even spread it evenly! 

The gloves are just a complete joke. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Pointless overreaction guys.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

But holy crap. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPhyn2C5mgs

-Wearing gloves for no apparent reason

-Putting silicon based thermal paste on (For a second I thought it was freaking toothpaste)

-Using the spread method

-Smearing it on the edge of the socket cover and leaving it.

And finally

-Putting what looks like an intel stock heatsink on a refresh processor.

Are MSI trying to scare people or make them break shit? I mean seriously, how bad can a product channel get?

I must be missing something here at 3:30am. This is an LGA2011-3 cpu right? either the 5960X or 5930K or 5820K right? The Haswell-e cpus that just came out like a week and a half ago, with the DDR4 and the expensive things? And the video got published on Jul 23, 2014, sooo, something doesn't add up. Did they break an NDA or something? Have it as 'unlisted' until a week ago? Or am I crazy and need to go to bed?

Is it possible to determine what motherboard that is?

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

I must be missing something here at 3:30am. This is an LGA2011-3 cpu right? either the 5960X or 5930K or 5820K right? The Haswell-e cpus that just came out like a week and a half ago, with the DDR4 and the expensive things? And the video got published on Jul 23, 2014, sooo, something doesn't add up. Did they break an NDA or something? Have it as 'unlisted' until a week ago? Or am I crazy and need to go to bed?

They probably had it unlisted. MSI might have clearly terrible marketing/PR, but they wouldn't break NDA. I'm not sure how YouTube videos work in regards to their recorded date though.

The mobo seems to be the MSI XPower X99 board. There's only one x99 board with XPower in the name right now.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

Or they just used a 2011 CPU because it's the same process..

I do it the metal way. Living life on the edge is the only way to do so.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

MSI you are Stupid:

thermalpaste.jpg

J.J. from Asus go and finish them MUAHAHAHA

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

The MSI way:

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |