The only popular german song to ever have made it outside of germany

Sammael

composed music does not count

Now we have all heard the german language.  We even have a bunch of germans on these boards.  And what can we tell about the sound of the language?  It's pretty rough, I am not saying being cursed at in german is like getting cut with a knife, it's more like being chewed up by baraka.

2495634-Baraka_III.jpg

But there was a SINGLE german spoken word song that actually had an initial sound that was not harsh sounding and guttural.  Does anyone want to know what that song was?

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

ICH WILL
DU HAST
eifersucht

others...

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Du Hast?

Nope.  Never heard of that, found it, audio came through my headphones and almost crushed my skull.  SO HARSH SOUNDING !!!!!!

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

ICH WILL

DU HAST

eifersucht

others...

Alright, it's clear that none of you are close.  It's not surprising.  The song I am thinking of sounds so clean and pure at the start, even germans probably think some Italian or Spaniard sang it.

Here it is.

odd, I always thought there was some decent stuff from Germany

a lot untapped, but I know it's there somewhere waiting for me to explore.

speaking the language usually helps

Error: 410

totally misguided title !.

there are lots of german bands who are know around the world not just in germany...

totally misguided title !.

there are lots of german bands who are know around the world not just in germany...

probably lean towards metal bands, the language seems like it fits that type of band more, harsh sounding and hard edged.  But luftballons was so difference because it was basically the only example that escaped into the world that sounded... light and melodic and... pleasant.

nb4 how dare you be subjective

probably lean towards metal bands, the language seems like it fits that type of band more, harsh sounding and hard edged.  But luftballons was so difference because it was basically the only example that escaped into the world that sounded... light and melodic and... pleasant.

nb4 how dare you be subjective

uum how dare you make a misguiding title ?-.- shesh calm ur dongers 

Erika.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

German can be a pretty smooth language

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

99 Luftballons, Du Hast?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Alright, it's clear that none of you are close.  It's not surprising.  The song I am thinking of sounds so clean and pure at the start, even germans probably think some Italian or Spaniard sang it.

Here it is.

99 Red Balloons is the only song that came to my mind

oh holy hell I know that song, I remember it from Eurotrip

Edit: but yeah here is the German made song, the ending is in German but it was a mix of American Rock music and German I do believe

But here is the original song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRFyKRlPfEg

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Seriously? 99 luftballoons? It's well known but not the first, nor the last to succeed out of germany. Kraftwerk are known worldwide and can sell out almost anywhere, they were the original electronic artists. Ramstein are another german band I know which are good, and are known across Europe and around the world. Die prinzen is a band that isn't as well known so far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong. I had to endure 2 years of one of my german teachers playing Ramstein-Amerika and Die Prinzen-Popmusik at least once a week.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim