AMD's Brand New K12 CPU Core Release Date Disclosed By CEO. New Design WIll "Bolster" Sales.

So this is interesting AMD's CEO revealed the release date of the K12 CPU core during an interview with bloomberg.
The AMD executive also said that they expect sales to "Bolster" once designs based off the new core start rolling out.

The x86 variant of the K12 core is what's going to power the next generation of high performance FX processors from AMD.
Also new socket and chipset is inevitible.

AMD-2014-2016-Roadmap-635x353.png

You can find all the details here.

"SkyBridge" Are you kidding AMD?

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Can't wait to see how this stacks up against Skylake. Also hoping that AMD would introduce i7 5960X performance at 250$ for the masses !

CPU : i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz. GPU : MSI Lightning GTX 770 @ 1300mhz. 16GB 1600mhz RAM

My thought exactly, is it the bridge over the lake?

Also, it was soooo predictable that this would come out after Intel launched their stuff... AMD:"what? Me first? No thank you, after you please"

Some might call this behaviour gentlemanly

Others might not.

@DEcobra11 and @Askew you light up my day

:)

Missing vital information which is why I haven't linked it.

Interviewer specializes in business & markets rather than industry & hardware which is why vital information was missing, don't blame him.

CPU : i5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz. GPU : MSI Lightning GTX 770 @ 1300mhz. 16GB 1600mhz RAM

Nothing's actually wrong with the WCCFTech article.

Missing vital information which is why I haven't linked it.

Interviewer specializes in business & markets rather than industry & hardware which is why vital information was missing, don't blame him.

Pretty much.

As much of an Intel fanboy that I am, I really hope AMD can be the underdog here. If it's cheap and they've dramatically improved single core performance, I would definitely buy one. Steamroller wasn't exactly as good as I was hoping it would be.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

if its 12 cores like the fx 8350's 8 cores then itll be a decent budget rendering option, but i cant see them matching intels single core performance 

so no desktop high performance cpu's why is this even interesting?

even if the slide is true  2016+ developing x86 64 bit cpu's "MAYBE" this means mid-late 2017 posible release you do realize its barely 2014 we pretty much gonna stagnate for ~3 years or more on the cpu market,cause intel is the "5%" guy without competition

in fact this is intersting cause its TERRIBLE news,and we dont even know if the new parts will be any better performance wise.

todays cpu's are more than enough for most jobs in more than 2/3rd's of the cases the software is limiting factor not the cpu, except for heavy developer work trying to bake some lightmaps in unity with my i5 for a simple small scene took 15 minutes, or some near future h.265 HEVC encoding its gonna cripple all our current intel 4-core/amd 8-cores.

if developers dont suck again like the usually do they will "hug" that damned directx12 and our current cpu's should last quite a long time for new games,nice dream right?

SKYNET!!!

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

So this is interesting AMD's CEO revealed the release date of the K12 CPU core during an interview with bloomberg.

The AMD executive also said that they expect sales to "Bolster" once designs based off the new core start rolling out.

The x86 variant of the K12 core is what's going to power the next generation of high performance FX processors from AMD.

Also new socket and chipset is inevitible.

AMD-2014-2016-Roadmap-635x353.png

You can find all the details here.

yey, new FX and new socket (awesome news for me)  ^_^

if its 12 cores like the fx 8350's 8 cores then itll be a decent budget rendering option, but i cant see them matching intels single core performance

Disable 4 cores and see what sorts of speed boosts we get.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Nothing's actually wrong with the WCCFTech article.

The article does contain some misinformation Reed did not confirm 20nm Carrizo and we have an article from a couple days ago showing Carrizo is still on 28nm.

WCCF being WCCF.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

So you can see 1.5-2 years into the future? Come on I usually don't mind the AMD bashing and even join in myself since they're far too behind in the game as of now however you literally have no fucking clue of what kind of processor this would be since it's likely a new socket and new everything, do I need to remind you that AMD had the performance crown in the past and the roles were reversed?

I'm ok with judging AMD on the here and now and yes: Even though their pricing makes em competitive right now they can't sustain that for years so they will hurt even more but saying that you can't see them matching intel single core performance it's just fucking absurd.

Besides, even if that was the case one would hope that single core performance wouldn't be as important in 2 years from now, otherwise games and apps will basically be mostly fucking worthless all of them need to fully utilize multiple threads by then, to give you an example Star Citizen should be just about ready to launch by that time and yes that one will need multiple cores not just an i3 like current games.

-------

Current Rig

-------

so no desktop high performance cpu's why is this even interesting?

even if the slide is true  2016+ developing x86 64 bit cpu's "MAYBE" this means mid-late 2017 posible release you do realize its barely 2014 we pretty much gonna stagnate for ~3 years or more on the cpu market,cause intel is the "5%" guy without competition

in fact this is intersting cause its TERRIBLE news,and we dont even know if the new parts will be any better performance wise.

todays cpu's are more than enough for most jobs in more than 2/3rd's of the cases the software is limiting factor not the cpu, except for heavy developer work trying to bake some lightmaps in unity with my i5 for a simple small scene took 15 minutes, or some near future h.265 HEVC encoding its gonna cripple all our current intel 4-core/amd 8-cores.

if developers dont suck again like the usually do they will "hug" that damned directx12 and our current cpu's should last quite a long time for new games,nice dream right?

I don't usually do this, but please use periods/full stops! Reading this many run-on sentences is painful.

So you can see 1.5-2 years into the future? Come on I usually don't mind the AMD bashing and even join in myself since they're far too behind in the game as of now however you literally have no fucking clue of what kind of processor this would be since it's likely a new socket and new everything, do I need to remind you that AMD had the performance crown in the past and the roles were reversed?

I'm ok with judging AMD on the here and now and yes: Even though their pricing makes em competitive right now they can't sustain that for years so they will hurt even more but saying that you can't see them matching intel single core performance it's just fucking absurd.

Besides, even if that was the case one would hope that single core performance wouldn't be as important in 2 years from now, otherwise games and apps will basically be mostly fucking worthless all of them need to fully utilize multiple threads by then, to give you an example Star Citizen should be just about ready to launch by that time and yes that one will need multiple cores not just an i3 like current games.

im not bashing them, just the recent amd trend in tech has just been more cores more ghz

im not bashing them, just the recent amd trend in tech has just been more cores more ghz

And they hired Keller who slapped 'me upside the head and took over every single chip project going forward from Carrizo.

Right so criticism of their recently released fx chips it's ok, but future architecture is precisely that: future

-------

Current Rig

-------

SKYNET!!!

That's what Google will call Androids later updates.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Skybridge..sometimes you gotta love AMD for making silly decisions. I'm not even mad. :P

My thought exactly, is it the bridge over the lake?

AMD- They're onto us, what do we do GabeN?

GabeN- Tell them Intel is the water under the bridge!

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

SKYNET!!!

We are getting there :P

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE