What's the Oldest Hardware in Your System right now?

1995 Compaq! Planned on booting her up once again soon. Haven't played with her in a while. She's been upgraded to '98, and I'm very unsure of specs..

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

This is the oldest working computer I have. Check out how tiny the graphics card is!

SPECS: Intel Celeron 1GHz (based on Pentium III), Gigabyte motherboard, 512MB SD-RAM, Gigabyte AGP VGA graphics card, Sound Blaster sound card.

6Lgfho8.jpg

DOS???? I'm not familiar with those. If you don't mind could you post a pic of it? Probably know what it is but can't put an image to the name

ntfsdos.gif

Kind of gives you and Idea of what using a DOS set up was like. The next pic is MS word for DOS

Picture%201.png

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

An old laptop from the early 90s with Windows 3.1, and a monochrome LCD display with a dial on the side for brightness.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Oldest one is: AMD Athlon 500 + Asus K7M (Rev. 1.04) + NVidia Riva TNT + etc. = 12/1999

It still works, I've tested it but as I'm using it's case and the other case has my Athlon XP 1800+ in it (and my Roland JV-1080 on top of it), it's sits in it's original cardboard box.

Still use the 2nd PC I ever built. Bought all parts brand new back in 2010. i5 760 on H55 motherboard. Could overclock it to 3.6Ghz but never trusted it. Just use it as a media pc connected to my living room entertainment system.

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

Got a dual P3 1Ghz here i bought few years back for 12,50 euros. Still works and meets your criteria. However it does have some blown up components unfortunately which make it a very unstable PC. Always intended to replace them but i have no idea where to get components or which ones i would need :(

I have no signature

my dad's old Commodore 64 still works. It's a fun little thing to pull out every now and then

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Amiga 500

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

My mums HP desktop bought in 2010 but is a 2009 model

Not quite sure how old it is...

It has a ATI GPU from 2001 and has a Socket A motherboard.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

• 7 months later...

Mine is a "GM 32" sound card from MM-Power, manufactured in 1992 :D Those were the days of the Pentium 166 :D

capture (1).jpg

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

your mom HEHEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHE.... maybe an old ps/2 keyboard and mouse 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

don't really have anything laying around... donated everything to university museum

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I have an old keyboard that isn't even PS/2, it's the old big round plug they used before it. And brand new actually.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Also got three Matrox MGA 100 graphics cards here :D Copyright 1998 vintage :D

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

My dad's 1991 purchased GameBoy if that counts as computer hardware

otherwise some PC from 2001 or something

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have a parallel connector for a 1992 plotter. Other than that, it would be my ATI X1900XTX 512mb. 

An Intel CPU you solder on or something. It is so dirty and old though that I cannot figure out which it is.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have a 200 MHz Pentium with MMX laying around here somewhere... and a 1 GB HDD.  Yes, 1 GB, not 1 TB.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Probably my dads pc that he got in 1980's and kept on re updating it until he got a new one. Super ancient.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Give it a bath and a few beers....it will open up, eventually.

Good idea, but...

tumblr_ntljwbmGh71ur7mdeo1_500.gif

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |