Mother releases a app to force children to call back parents and lock their phones on their demand

Frustrated-mother-turned-evil-genius Sharon Standifird has developed Ignore No More, an Android app that gives parents the ability to lock their kid’s smartphone from afar, making it unwise to ignore mum’s phone calls.

The parent sets a password that can unlock the phone, which encourages their child to call back quickly so that they can access their smartphone’s other functions and applications.

“My son hates it and I love it,” Liane Parker wrote in her review of the app on the Google play store. “Love the idea, even good for bedtime when you want them off the phone,” reviewed Lamiya Keyes Mewborn.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/ignore-no-more-mother-releases-app-that-prevents-kids-from-ignoring-calls-9674454.html

This application (which due to obvious restriction reasons won't come to iOS and is only in android now) is built literally the worst idea I ever heard.

Other than being easy to bypass (just do a factory reset in system recovery), it just plain stupid to do parenting that way, and it has the potential to get abused. If you want your child to answer back tell him why he should answer back, if he won't an app won't make him (go back and read the work-though and I'm sure people will come up with more, this is android after all).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Having to call a parent to unlock your phone isn't going to inspire polite or rewarding conversation, it will inspire tense and agitated exchanges while instilling a degree of bitterness, I don't think it is good for the parent/child relationship.

Just my opinion.

Pretty sure this is a repost.

Edit: Can't find the original thread... Odd.

Its just for over worried parents. What ever helps them sleep at night. I doubt it will be used much if at all

Having to call a parent to unlock your phone isn't going to inspire polite or rewarding conversation, it will inspire tense and agitated exchanges while instilling a degree of bitterness, I don't think it is good for the parent/child relationship.

Just my opinion.

Agreed

Though I am close with my family, I would have no issue calling my mum or dad 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Exactly, if those measures are needed to make your child want to speak to you, you're probably a cunt.

Yeah that's why I try and avoid speaking to you ;)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Blocking stuff is never the solution, but I can understand why prents would want this. The problem is that, again, this isn't the solution. If you want your son to call every once in a while to make sure he's fine, the best way to get him to do so is to calmly explain him why you are worried and that a simple phone call would make you feel much better. No son has any desire to hurt their parents in any way, but if you poke them they tend to poke back (for exmple "you must call me at this precise time or else" is begging for the son to ignore you), whereas treating them like responsible people and telling them the reason for what you are asking tends to yeald far better results.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

If you want your son to call every once in a while to make sure he's fine, the best way to get him to do so is to calmly explain him why you are worried and that a simple phone call would make you feel much better.

Yeah 'cos talking sensibly to a thirteen year old always works,  NOT.

I don't think this app is the answer, kids have ALWAYS 'forgot/couldn't get to a 'phone(nowadays it's not "couldn't get to a phone" it's "I couldn't get a signal") etc' and always will, I feel it is down to the parents to instill respect and to give the kids a BIT of leeway.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Just uninstall the app? How hard can it be?

There might be a lock on it, there are some ways to do that. Although it is still a stupid app.

if you even think about needing this app the relationship with your kids is already screwed up....

Also in my household I as I kid have complete controle over all our pc's, smartphones, and networks, so it wouldn't have any use here....

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Yeah 'cos talking sensibly to a thirteen year old always works,  NOT.

I don't think this app is the answer, kids have ALWAYS 'forgot/couldn't get to a 'phone etc' and always will, I feel it is down to the parents to instill respect and to give the kids a BIT of leeway.

It can work, trust me. And anyway I didn't even have a phone until I was 13, let alone a smartphone. Part of being a parent is understanding wether your son is ready to use a tool responsibly, and if he isn't, don't buy it for him. If you buy it, don't complain that he abuses it; you should have known. A nokia 3310 is more than enough to call home for an emergency, no need to give them a 500$ phone.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This is in one sense ridiculous, because first the parent must upload the app onto the childs phone, so surely they will get wise to what it is and not let them install it. It's quite clearly an American trend this, as trying to do this in the UK just wouldn't work on a large scale. I can see the benefits of it, but it is certainly more likely to encourage violence and foul language than pleasantness and joy.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Pretty sure this is a repost.

Edit: Can't find the original thread... Odd.

Don't worry checked the search function before posting, I'm a good boy  :P

Pascal laptops guide

Just uninstall the app? How hard can it be?

It'll send a lame message to your parents implying it's being unistalled, but if you're rooted I'm sure there is a way to freeze it or block it.

Pascal laptops guide

If some parent ever needs this, they fail at parenting. There's so many ways this could be circumvented, and installing this kind of app for a child's phone just encourages children to do sh*t for their parent(s)' phone(s), like brick them (whether hardware wise (like smash to wall etc.) or software wise (do some shady ass sh*t)) or install spying software.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Erm, simple, install a special lock on your phone, such as Lockdown Pro and enable fake covers, and poof, everytime they try to enter, it will say it stopped working, simple and easy, you can hide the app also and get to it via the phone dialer.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

If some parent ever needs this, they fail at parenting. There's so many ways this could be circumvented, and installing this kind of app for a child's phone just encourages children to do sh*t for their parent(s)' phone(s), like brick them (whether hardware wise (like smash to wall etc.) or software wise (do some shady ass sh*t)) or install spying software.

or just plain use their tablets or computers instead, wow that mother must be the smartest developer I have ever met

Pascal laptops guide

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Pascal laptops guide

I have a better idea, stop giving iphones and Samsung Galaxies to toddlers and wait till they are at least midway through highschool to trust them with a phone.

I have a better idea, stop giving iphones and Samsung Galaxies to toddlers and wait till they are at least midway through highschool to trust them with a phone.

Well.. Maybe some basic phone at a young age would be good. I got my first phone (Nokia N-Gage) when I was a 7 year-old, and even though I did play games with it, the main purpose was communicating by calling or texting. Got my first smartphone at the age of 14, though. I think somewhere there would be a good age to get more advanced phones (or earlier if responsible enough).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

It can work,

Maybe it can, but generally... Having been a thirteen year old and both my son's having been thirteen years old I have first hand experience, and it seems not to matter how politely you tell/ask them to clue you in, as soon as they are out of earshot all thought of you goes out of there heads.  They didn't mean anything bad by it that is just the way a child's mind works.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"