New Android App Will Stop Your Kids From Ignoring Your Calls, or to prank your friends

Freaky_spider

Here’s how it works: If your kids decide they don’t want to respond when you call them, you can use Ignore No More to block text messaging, gaming, calls to certain contacts, and other features that kids love. It essentially gives them the ability to call 911 and a set of contacts approved by parents only.

Ok, thats pretty brutal...

The only way the phone can be unlocked is if the owner calls their parents to obtain the four-digit unlock code.

Even more brutal.

Sharon Standifird from New York was so fed up when her teenagers began ignoring her calls and text messages that she worked with a team of app developers to create Ignore No More. 

So parents are beginning to start to understand technology / turn technology against teenagers? This is even worst then Singularity... :(

Could be cool to install on a friends phone as a prank :D

source: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/08/17/new-android-app-will-stop-your-kids-from-ignoring-your-calls/

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I don't like that so many kids these days have $300+ smart phones. Give them an old Nokia and have them appreciate what they have.

The technology is highly distractive unless they have great discipline.

I don't like that so many kids these days have $300+ smart phones. Give them an old Nokia and have them appreciate what they have.

Meh, what can you do?

That said, root too strong 4 me. They can't install it if they don't have access to the device.

What if they just uninstalled the app? Is there something stopping then from doing that?

Guys you should understand that the only kids that are going to ignore there parents are the 12 year old snobby twats. They wont even know what rooting is

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Wondering if it survives a reset. As it's only an app and not in /system. Teenagers arent stupid though to google that.

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

Guys you should understand that the only kids that are going to ignore there parents are the 12 year old snobby twats. They wont even know what rooting is

Thats true. but if they're determined enough to ignore their parents calls than they may find out about rooting.

The only thing that I have learned from this thread is to stay away from that app like it's the Bubonic Plague.

Vl8Jslt.gif

COMIC SANS

Wondering if it survives a reset. As it's only an app and not in /system. Teenagers arent stupid though to google that.

most teenagers know more tech than many adults so I can see this not work.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Why do some people have the notion that it's bad to give kids nice things? There's a difference between having nice things and being spoiled. If you're worried about kids appreciating what they have, the last thing you want to do is give them something crappy. Instead, you should make your kids work hard to earn what they want, which I think would make them value it more. 

Also, most technology could be called "highly distractive", including this forum.

This is something my mother would still like to put on my phone. I've moved out and on my own now. But I don't answer my phone because I hate ringtones (only one person's allowed that privilege) and my vibrate motor broke when I replaced my screen. So if I don't see it ringing I won't have time later to call back yet she gets overly mad because I live at night and am asleep when she's awake.

But if I had this app on my phone I'd find a way around it.

Makes me a little angry this exists.

Lol my kids could try to out tech me but its an escalation they'd lose.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

And this is why kids have trust issues.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Considering the majority of parents aren't remotely tech savvy and kids are spoiled brats with iphones and the like while they are still learning to be potty trained, the entire thing hurts my brain. 

Im not sure if im counted as a kid as i was born on 1997, i had to go the long way, when i was 14 i got my first phone, yes three years ago, it was a nokia 3410.

I was happy with it as it could call which was awesome and text. Sadly the battery exploded and i do mean exploded but I was in another country when it happened.

I upgraded to a Nokia N70 which was nice because i could listen to music, sadly i dropped it as i was getting out of out car and shortly after it got ran over by 1.5tonnes.

Early last year I upgraded to a nokia N95 8gb edition, i was excited because more music space, then i realised the decoder couldnt handle anything above 96kbps(vomits). Later in april my brother got a galaxy s3 so my parents gave me his old phone my birthday which was a iphone 3gs, it was nice. Then in July I was taking my GCSEs(the 16+ exams) and someone stole it, yes my phone got taken during my exams.

Parents went berserk and i had to go back to the N95 which was slowly dying, the battery was on its last legs lasting for like 3 hours on idle.

But it gets better, last December I saved up £100 and brought me a Galaxy S2.

It was also around that time that i saw some girl in my class call her parents pricks because they brought her a galaxy s4 went she wanted a iphone 5s. shameful, thats what it is.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1