Project Ultima [Build log]

IMCustoms

More sanding was done and the new more precise SSD backplates are finished!

Also, Bitspower sent two 360 radiators, CoolerMaster PSU and fans should arrive by the end of the week, and I ordered Mayhems dye which should arrive next week.. All is coming together nicely, just need a couple of SSD's, but still no news about them :(

20150414235610.jpg

20150415003346.jpg

20150415003410.jpg

I thought you already had a PSU? Or is the one your using borderline and it won't give overclockability.. TBH I haven't checked the PSU in a while xD

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

More sanding was done and the new more precise SSD backplates are finished!

Also, Bitspower sent two 360 radiators, CoolerMaster PSU and fans should arrive by the end of the week, and I ordered Mayhems dye which should arrive next week.. All is coming together nicely, just need a couple of SSD's, but still no news about them :(

Oh wait.. I just checked.. a 4770k and 2x 7970's and a ax850I xD? Why in the world would you need a PSU sponsor.. or what that PSU sponsored.. then revoked.. Well plz tell me.. I have only read all the comments one time ever xD BTW, If this isn't the case, then I guess its a PSU you personally need xD?

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5

^It wasn't ax850, it was just for a drawing.. I had Silverstone StriderPlus 1000W, but my CoolerMaster guy decided that I should have as much CM stuff as I can, so he extended my sponsorship with a V1000 :D

^It wasn't ax850, it was just for a drawing.. I had Silverstone StriderPlus 1000W, but my CoolerMaster guy decided that I should have as much CM stuff as I can, so he extended my sponsorship with a V1000 :D

Wait.. did that happen just now.. because you said you needed Psu's sponsored.. oh wait I get it now.. I just looked back at this post :P Well nice! Good for you! I hope this gets popularrrrr! Good luck! I hope it all works out :D

A number of you guys on forums were concerned will I finish this project on time for the Cooler Master's Case Mod 2015 competition.. So, just to let ya all know that I'm entering the final stretch :D

Frames on both side of the wall are drilled and the corresponding holes in the wall itself

20150415214614.jpg

And the main board is finished

20150417221815.jpg

As well as test-fitted :)

20150418202313.jpg

20150418202345.jpg

20150418202415.jpg

I will post a couple of updates if I get time to do them, but that should be enough for now :D

PS. Still waiting for some SSD sponsors... Nobody answered yet :(

Wait.. did that happen just now.. because you said you needed Psu's sponsored.. oh wait I get it now.. I just looked back at this post :P Well nice! Good for you! I hope this gets popularrrrr! Good luck! I hope it all works out :D

Wow, chill out with all of these replies, dude.

Had a bit of time to post you some things :D

Wall and boards were drilled for tubes

20150422121602.jpg

20150422121507.jpg

Everything is wrapped up and ready for assembly 

20150422121229.jpg

20150422121359.jpg

And everything is assembled and wired on main board, with some more tubes

20150422121052.jpg

20150422121100.jpg

20150422121133.jpg

A few more goodies from Cooler Master arrived ! And front part of the build is also assembled as you can see :D :D

20150423105527.jpg

20150423114428.jpg

20150423121915.jpg

Spin my babies, SPIN!

20150423121109.jpg

20150423120514.jpg

I really want to do a PC Desk, even if its not fully custom... but I cant give up lan parties that easily and im too cheap to build a lanbox :(

I really want to do a PC Desk, even if its not fully custom... but I cant give up lan parties that easily and im too cheap to build a lanbox :(

What if you make it modular?

Hmm.... That actually gives me kind of an idea.... 

I would want to do a build like where the desk top is glass, with a vesa mount and 3 monitors.. If i had a lan monitor and build a tray  I could use like... this case with all acrylic sides and top, and only put them on when its at a lan party, and leave them off when its slid into the desk... Of course I would then have to build a custom desk... Rater than buy one.  You can see the case in its all acrylic sides version if you use the flash case picker. Thats a pretty deep case though, and im pretty tall, so it would probably have to slide into the desk left or right of center of center... IDK. (PS I love mountain mods... really wanna do a UFO build some day) Doing a H2GO build on my own thread, i'm not a link whore so I'm not going to link it here go find it :D should be on the first page for a while.

Well, in my country, they aren't many lan events, so I don't have to worry about that :D

Oh my . Just now seen this post. 3 concerns.

1) Particle Wood?

2) Top heavy

3) I hope you have some metal in the base so if and when you move it it don't crumble to pieces on you.

It is a great idea but doing some wood working  in the past and being in a family of carpenters for 6 generations. Um .................. Anyhow good idea and good luck to you. I hope it works out well.

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

I'm connecting "the frame" to the wall with 7 pass-trough threaded-rods and there are 2 supporting pieces going to the floor with 2 more rods per piece (you can see all of that from photos), also there is full panel on the other side, so load should be distributed on the whole wall, and everything is assembled with some heavy duty screws for that type of wood and with structure rigidity in mind... I don't think it will be a problem and I might post some more photos so you can consult someone from your family if that is ok :D

I have an announcement to make

This mod won't be finished in time for CM Case Mod 2015 competition. I've given my all to do it, but it literally isn't possible to do in a given time-frame with all the delays I've encountered during the build process...

As you all know, EKWB has delayed my project by months and everything I have ever ordered for this project was stuck in shipping or couldn't be made in decent time-frame and I have given my sweat, blood and tears (literally) to make everything as fast as I can when it arrived, but it really isn't possible to finish in time for the competition.. The last drop that spilled the glass was cable sleeving, cause I got the necessary cables just yesterday (and I should got them around April 13.), and I tried to sleeve as much as I can during last night, but the connectors I got are too tight and not really suitable for sleeving, and I burned my fingers to under skin blisters and bruises, but I couldn't sleeve even a 1/4th of the cables I need to. There are 108 cables that need to be sleeved only for that main cable separator on top of the motherboard and even more around the rig, and it really isn't possible for me to do by myself in a day or two.

My final word is that I tried my best to do it as fast as I physically could, and I didn't mention it but I even didn't go to my collage master classes for half a school year for this, and I as you saw I pushed my body to the breaking point, and even though I wanted it so much, the project just can't be finished in time for this competition..

But I won't give up on it just because there are some bad people in the world and Ultima will be finished as soon as my hands recover.

I want to thank all of you for support and all of the sponsors for understanding the situation and you will hear from me soon! :)

Thanks BurnerMC, I will take it easy from now on, and finish the build like it was intended to be without rushing or taking shortcuts :)

I have an announcement to make

This mod won't be finished in time for CM Case Mod 2015 competition. I've given my all to do it, but it literally isn't possible to do in a given time-frame with all the delays I've encountered during the build process...

As you all know, EKWB has delayed my project by months and everything I have ever ordered for this project was stuck in shipping or couldn't be made in decent time-frame and I have given my sweat, blood and tears (literally) to make everything as fast as I can when it arrived, but it really isn't possible to finish in time for the competition.. The last drop that spilled the glass was cable sleeving, cause I got the necessary cables just yesterday (and I should got them around April 13.), and I tried to sleeve as much as I can during last night, but the connectors I got are too tight and not really suitable for sleeving, and I burned my fingers to under skin blisters and bruises, but I couldn't sleeve even a 1/4th of the cables I need to. There are 108 cables that need to be sleeved only for that main cable separator on top of the motherboard and even more around the rig, and it really isn't possible for me to do by myself in a day or two.

My final word is that I tried my best to do it as fast as I physically could, and I didn't mention it but I even didn't go to my collage master classes for half a school year for this, and I as you saw I pushed my body to the breaking point, and even though I wanted it so much, the project just can't be finished in time for this competition..

But I won't give up on it just because there are some bad people in the world and Ultima will be finished as soon as my hands recover.

I want to thank all of you for support and all of the sponsors for understanding the situation and you will hear from me soon! :)

Man that sucks :( I still can't believe EK did that, good luck with finishing your build and college. :D

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hope that trolls are gone for good :D If not, there's my little dragon to protect us all !

20150504153839hdr.jpg

And here's a bit of an update :)

What do you think this thing will be??

20150424161053.jpg

Partial sponsorship from Computers.rs has arrived, they lend me those SSD's to compete the project for photoshoot :)

20150425102849.jpg

20150425103529.jpg

And these darn things were what delayed my project for that CM competition :(

20150426130425.jpg

Everything assembled and ready for mounting on the wall

20150424214359.jpg

Reservoirs leak testing

20150426133148.jpg

20150426133255.jpg

And Bitspowers radiators finally came from customs yesterday, so yeah.. Had no chance of finishing project in time :(

20150504153656hdr.jpg

And just some things :D

20150504153941hdr.jpg

Glad that situation ended. Great update as always and the build is looking great :D

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

I love this man, really gives me some inspiration to finally start building my desk project that I've always wanted to do. Keep up the hard work and I'm sure all your effort will reflect in the final result :D

Btw how did you get the sponsorship in the first place, do you simply only need to message manufacturers and ask nicely? :)

@SilentPenguin93, Thanks man, and about the sponsorship.. You just need to have a good idea, make it in 3D to be presentable and explain in detail everything that you want to do, and yes of course, send a bunch of mails :D

@Andrievski, Thanks i hvala :)

I tried doing those damn cables over and over again, and they really don't look as good as I hoped.. So, out of all of that, I can proudly announce a new sponsor to this build:

Icemodz

icemodz-smanjen.jpg

I asked them for help, and they agreed to make me the cables I need for this project in a couple of weeks time (cause they have to be custom made) :)

First post "16 August 2014 - 10:12 AM" And last post "Posted Today, 08:43 AM" Wow, you have been on this project for a long time! It's awesome that you are so dedicated to it! Good luck! :)

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

It's not "last post" yet :D But I hope it will be soon :) Thanks