Project Ultima [Build log]

IMCustoms

Thanks cesrai and Candelstick, and it actually won't be.. I think I already mentioned this, but here it goes again.. Functionality is the first thing on my list, before design etc. So it won't be any harder to upgrade (if not even easier) than any other hard tubing build.. Motherboard will be screwed in like inside any other case (on those standoffs), "SSD modules" (with plexi backplates) will be removable, and all the cable extensions  will be routed through that long and thin plexi cutout (you will see that a bit later in the build). :)

Thanks BurnerMC !

Andddd plexi backplates are almost done (only holes for bolts to pass are left to drill) :)

20150330171503.jpg

20150330171446.jpg

This is that 8mm thick backplate for motherboard, but the board is packed and I didn't really had time to place it on top :( So you will only get 2 pics with different exposures

20150330172135.jpg

20150330172125.jpg

That plexi is gonna get scrached like hell :L

he can still do light sanding before putting everything together

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

That plexi is gonna get scrached like hell :L

It really doesn't matter, as I said those plexi parts will be "backplates", so only that angled, glowing part of them will be visible :)

The desk is in his final place :D Currently everything is plugged into a laptop, but that will change soon!

20150401165413.jpg

20150401165342.jpg

Nice desk.

Dat keyboard tho.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Wait.. "Don't mind my models" ARE SEROIUS? That is skill! How are those model's not good! That 3d modeling is better, ya know whats better the the models, the actual thing!!! WOOOT! THIS IS EPIC! YOU WOULD MAKE A GREAT YOUTUBER :)

*claps*

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Nice desk.

Dat keyboard tho.

Thanks, and yeah, that CM board is really something! :D

Wait.. "Don't mind my models" ARE SEROIUS? That is skill! How are those model's not good! That 3d modeling is better, ya know whats better the the models, the actual thing!!! WOOOT! THIS IS EPIC! YOU WOULD MAKE A GREAT YOUTUBER :)

*claps*

Well, I don't know how to render, and I didn't even know how to model before I started doing this, so yeah.. It could look even better if I had some experience in modeling :D

And I'm also trying to be a "Youtuber" :D Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/IMCustomsIgor

This is very cool, and inspiring. Cannot wait till I see the final product, best of luck and keep working hard!

The build doesn't seem good... err won't turn out good.. but that was just a April foolz joke xD 

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5

omg! DUDE, I SEE A SMALL HOLE IN ONE OF THE TUBES! IT LOOKS LIKE ONE AROUND THE CPU BLOCK, LOOOK VERY CLOSELY! 

Because I'm inspired to do something cool myself : ) Not watercooled.. cuz that costz monehhh.. but Somthing with parts and wood I have :3 And not my gaming pc :P I will probs use a pc with a biostar matx mobo, a single core athlon 170u, 4gb of amd radeon entertainment.. ect.. cuz thats what I got :3 LOL

Grrr.. I cannot hold a April foolz joke for the life of me.. Those post above were both April foolz jokees.. Sorry if you got scared or sad D: I do think its amazing.. :D:)

Gl!

I have always had a question.. is it safe to use wood for a diy case.. seems like it would always seems like a dangerous idea.. is there any special type of wood that's safe to use?

Could you stop the spam pls?

Sorreh :/

Wait... @IMCustoms  when you make a build with some custom wood case.. is there any special type of wood you need.. or do you just need nice smooth wood of any kind that doesn't have a bunch of bumps or pieces of wood on it.

Still a great build :D  Your's remainz kinggggz

It's amazing! One more question OP, are you from a Balkanian (ex-Yu) country? I noticed that your last sponsor uses a Slavenian influenced language, so if I could guess...

Slovenian, Serbian, Croatian?

:P

Wait... @IMCustoms  when you make a build with some custom wood case.. is there any special type of wood you need.. or do you just need nice smooth wood of any kind that doesn't have a bunch of bumps or pieces of wood on it.

Still a great build :D  Your's remainz kinggggz

You can use any wood u like, just send it before painting or applying foil :)

It's amazing! One more question OP, are you from a Balkanian (ex-Yu) country? I noticed that your last sponsor uses a Slavenian influenced language, so if I could guess...

Slovenian, Serbian, Croatian?

:P

EK is from Slovenia, and I'm from Serbia :)

You can use any wood u like, just send it before painting or applying foil :)

Wait.. Why put foil on it :/ aluminum foil? Or would a a paint gloss Lacker work?

Wait.. Why put foil on it :/ aluminum foil? Or would a a paint gloss Lacker work?

No no no... Just a regular "car sticky foil", like carbon fiber foils, but matte black.. And I guess it would, but you have to prepare the surface before you apply it

No no no... Just a regular "car sticky foil", like carbon fiber foils, but matte black.. And I guess it would, but you have to prepare the surface before you apply it

Wait.. I'm obviously not ganna mine.. but for inspiration.. I saw this bitcoin case.... Would that work? Or is it dangerous? https://youtu.be/BSn3FC_SBPA?t=2m13s

It's just fine :)

It's just fine :)

Ok.. then plain wood and sanding it is! Thanks! I will continue putting great compliments on this build! And maybe I'll make something cool of my own! Thanks!!