Project Ultima [Build log]

IMCustoms

Hey all,

You may know me as JA90 or JA159 on forums and by my last big watercooled build Project Cristal Toxin, and here I'm again with something a bit more crazy for all of you smile.png

Project Ultima will be largely sponsored build by 4 part manufacturers and a few local businesses.

And first things first, a big Shout-out and Thanks to all of the sponsors and the biggest of them (for now) are:

1. DOO EKWB

ekwb.jpg

2. Bitspower International Co., Ltd.

bitspower.jpg

3. Cooler Master Technology Inc.

cooler-master.jpg

4. Icemodz

icemodz-smanjen.jpg

5. DOO Potez

potez.png

Now, the short description of the project smile.png

In one sentence, Project Ultima will be a both side wall mounted, enclosed rig with double loop water cooling system, with bent solid acrylic tubing, for all major components.

I know that very small number of people likes to read boring long descriptions, so I present to you screenshots from my Sketchup drawing of the build ! smile.png
(Don't mind my modeling skills, I'm not a designer and the drawing was made to make my life easier with this complicated build and not everything in this drawing is they way it will be, so stay tuned)

SO LETS GO !

Lets start with a few pics without explanation and I'll explain the details later wink.png

projectultima.jpg

projectultima1.jpg

projectultima2.jpg

projectultima5.jpg

projectultima7.jpg

projectultima9.jpg

projectultima16.jpg

So, the details.. The start and reset button will be mounted on the bottom right part of the table, with or on USB 3.0 external hub. Also on that side, custom made headset holder.

projectultima3.jpg

From the bottom, you can see the 2 vents (intake and exhaust) for some airflow for the main part of the rig (which will be filtered).

projectultima4.jpg

The back side of the wall will accommodate firstly fans and radiators (with drain ports), to get heat and noise out of the computer room (which was the point of the project), and modem, router, NAS, fan controller (or Corsair link) etc.

Don't mind the red lines, they are power lines in the wall, so I just marked them to take them in consideration, not to kill myself when I'm drilling. smile.png

projectultima15.jpg

Bottom part of the main rig area will house PSU, 4 fans (2 intake and 2 exhaust, bottom one's will be a bit faster), all of the cables (custom extensions that will go behind the removable MOBO and SSD's panel) and drain valves for both loops.

projectultima12.jpg

Top part of the main rig area will house Custom made reservoirs with fill ports and removable top panel for ease of access.

projectultima14.jpg

And finally, the main rig area itself.

Removable panel which will hold the motherboard and 2 or 4 SSD's with custom 45 degree cut plexi "backplates". 2 separate loops, first for CPU, MOBO, RAM, and the second one only for GPU's.

projectultima6.jpg

More detail about the rig and all the custom stuff I will do for it will be explained while I post my progress, and one more thing I didn't mention is the configuration of the rig..

For now, the parts I have ready for this rig are:

1. Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5;

2. Intel 4770k;

3. 4x4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz;

4. 2x MSI 7970;

5. 2x120GB Intel 330series SSDs (I'm waiting for Corsairs confirmation on 2 of GTX Neutron 240GB);

6. Silverstone Strider+ 1000W;

7. Cooler Master Aluminium series peripherals;

8. Corsair fans and link;

9. Lots of EKWB's and Bitspower's blocks, pumps, rads, fittings, tubes, etc.

And that will be it for now, I will start posting my progress shortly (cause I already started working on it) and give me as much feedback as you can, I'll be happy to reply and take in consideration all of your suggestions and comments ! smile.png

desk is WAY too small.. how am i supposed to fit my 5 monitors? and wont even be able to use my mouse well on such a small surface :P

oh and WHERE IS MY CUP HOLDER?!

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Oohh this gonna be real good! Nice drawings, I will definitely follow this one.

love it 

|CPU: Intel core i5 3570k @ 4.5GHZ |Motherboard: Asus Z77 -V lx2 Full atx |RAM:Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR3 1866MHz |GPU: 2 X ASUS AMD Radeon HD7850 2gb Crossfire |Case: Corsair Carbide 300r |Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2tb2 Samsung 840 120gb ssd raid 0 |PSU: Seasonic 750w 80+ PSU |Display: lg 32" 1080p 60Hz |Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 + 4Noctua NF-P14 scythe Kaze Q-12 Fan Controller |Keyboard: SideWinder X6 |Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 |

well those mock-ups look great, can't wait to see this build come to life! :D

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

This rig will make the pheasants cry.

Pheasant.jpg

Pheasents cry

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

*snip

I have no idea what you're talking about, perhaps we should type slower. :P

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I love Linus and his whole crew, and you guys are really the best community I encountered so far.. Big thanks to all of you awesome people ! :)

@Laforet, I just lost it when I red your comment  :lol:

@Rorgash, The desk will be 100x70cm, so it's big enough, maybe not for 5 monitors, but one 4K would fit just fine :D
And I will attach this arm, just for that :)
rbot.JPG

@CJPowell27,

pheasant.jpg

What does a crying pheasant sound like?

I imagine it's something like "bawwwww bawck becawckk bawwww"

I love Linus and his whole crew, and you guys are really the best community I encountered so far.. Big thanks to all of you awesome people ! :)

@Laforet, I just lost it when I red your comment  :lol:

@Rorgash, The desk will be 100x70cm, so it's big enough, maybe not for 5 monitors, but one 4K would fit just fine :D

And I will attach this arm, just for that :)

rbot.JPG

@CJPowell27,

LOL

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I'm glad people still think so, lately a lot people have been complaining about the downfall in quality of people we're getting. I wish I had more of an opinion on your build, but it's just so over the top I can't even process it.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

I'm glad people still think so, lately a lot people have been complaining about the downfall in quality of people we're getting. I wish I had more of an opinion on your build, but it's just so over the top I can't even process it.

Thanks once again :) I named it "Ultima" for a reason :D

First of all, all of sponsors for this build have been great sports and people I've encountered have been really easy to work with and strike a deal..

But, I would like to give a special thanks to Cooler Master's teams from Netherlands and Serbia, because I approached those guys & gals with a proposal and they accepted it, coordinated NL and SR teams, and sent me the items I asked for in a matter of days, even before I started any serious work on this build!

I was mesmerized by their speed and of course quality of stuff I got.. And I'm using them for a while now, and they are just top notch..

And I forgot to mention, I asked them for peripherals for this build, and they are Cooler Master Aluminium Series:

It's time for some photos !

cam00182.jpg

cam00199.jpg

cam00200.jpg

cam00205.jpg

cam00265.jpg

cam00271.jpg

cam00221.jpg

cam00216.jpg

cam00212.jpg

cam00214.jpg

cam00224.jpg

cam00232.jpg

cam00247.jpg

cam00245.jpg

cam00248.jpg

cam00274.jpg

cam00290.jpg

cam00300.jpg

cam00318.jpg

cam00307.jpg

cam00313.jpg

As you know, this is a big project and it will go on the wall and transform a space around it visually.. So I decided to transform my room accordingly :)

It will go on the all black wall (and I will make an IMC sticker for the glass above the door)

cam00006.jpg

cam00007.jpg

cam01064.jpg

And finally lets start with actual work on the build :)

The build idea started when I decided to take apart some excess furniture from plywood, and I realized that I have enough to build a crazy system I always dreamed off... So, there were 2 ideas in my head, desk or wall-mount?

Both ideas were good and with rads on the other side of the wall, but at the end I decided not to go with desk idea just because of "leg space problem" (cause I'm tall and I need my leg room) and difficulty of draining (cause I often change components and draining the desk is very difficult in regard to a wall-mount, where you can see from my plans how I handled it).

So, lets go... These are roughly cut boards to size by my friends at Total Design Bor

20140731092932.jpg

20140806153210.jpg

Leftovers :D

20140731092920.jpg

And then came the assembly of frames, motherboard panel and the desk part itself

20140806154540.jpg

20140806161130.jpg

20140806161257.jpg

20140806162313.jpg

20140806162329.jpg

20140806162641.jpg

20140806162654.jpg

And the rest of boards that are waiting to be drilled and assembled

20140806162739.jpg

looking goood so far can't wait to see the next parts

subbed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm baaack ! :D

I had a great time on a vacation, but there were some bad news when I checked in with my sponsors.. :(

So I'll come back to you when we straighten things out in a couple of days or so..

@zombiepixel, Check the beginning of my wood work text, I explained how this project started, and you will find the answer there :)

Hey guys, I'm baaack ! :D

I had a great time on a vacation, but there were some bad news when I checked in with my sponsors.. :(

So I'll come back to you when we straighten things out in a couple of days or so..

@zombiepixel, Check the beginning of my wood work text, I explained how this project started, and you will find the answer there :)

. Waiting for you

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I'm afraid there are just bad news all over.. :(

EKWB have informed me, and I quote "all sponsorship requests are on hold for now, due to unexpected circumstances.", "Unfortunately we have exceeded our budget for this year."

I don't know how things work around there, but my sponsorship was approved and they delayed sending me the parts for a long time, and this was a response I got when I came back from my vacation, after sending like a ton of e-mails to them.. I'm honestly disappointed in them and I don't think I'll be able to wait 3.5 months to finish this project, and now I will try to contact some other manufacturer, or ask Bitspower to cover their part.. But again, I don't think Bitspower manufactures all the things I need and was suppose to get from EKWB..

Also, Corsair decided not to sponsor the project, because of Cooler Master's sponsorship.. They like the project very much, but their PR team said, and I quote again "having CM hardware under one exposure - they believe is counterproductive from a marketing perspective." Although CM contributed Peripherals and Corsair should go with SSDs, Comander and Fans..

I'm leaving you to decide was that necessary, and please write in the comments, would you overlook Corsairs hardware because of CM's peripherals in this build.

So, the project is on hold for now, until I get some other manufacturer on board, or collect needed funds myself.. Any help in terms of contacts or exposure would be greatly appreciated.