Project Ultima [Build log]

IMCustoms

Sooo... I'm a perfectionist, and I wasn't really satisfied with a work I've done on that "main" board on which everything important will go.. So I decided to scrap it and make another one on a CNC machine and this is the new Corel drawing (yes, I had to learn to use 1 more program..) which will be final, and this is how the board came out :D
Also, I will probably scrap those plexi backplates too, so I'll make a new more precise ones soon :)

untitled.png

20150404173132.jpg

20150404173213.jpg

20150404173116.jpg

Wait, not the recent render/drawing, but at the beginning of this project, what program did you use to render this build?

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

Wait, not the recent render/drawing, but at the beginning of this project, what program did you use to render this build?

I didn't render it at all, it's just 2D exports of Sketchup drawing

I didn't render it at all, it's just 2D exports of Sketchup drawing

Oh.. Google sketchup? Well not render.. just so you can see what it looks like :P But I'm guessing google sketchup?

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5

Oh.. Google sketchup? Well not render.. just so you can see what it looks like :P But I'm guessing google sketchup?

Yes, Google Sketchup

Yes, Google Sketchup

Thx :D *Goes to download*   Gl on your build, its going to be good, next year, this is sure to make a dent in Cooler Master case mod series! BTW, I think that your build is going great!! xD 

Well, It's entered in CM case mod this year :D Deadline is April 30th and I hope I will finish it by then :)

CM Forum thread:

http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/11441-project-ultima-build-log/

Oh. I thought it was already over xD Well goood luck! If you finish, you will definitely win!!

Oh. I thought it was already over xD Well goood luck! If you finish, you will definitely win!!

Thanks, I surely hope so :D

I hope Laser, CNC and Printer will be available tomorrow.. It has been a productive evening for me :D

untitled.png

Holy sweet mother of Rigs. Looking forward to this one IMCustoms, keep up the good work. =)

"Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

Thanks Aetherial :)

Text update time :D

Great news all around today.. *Bitspower flying to the rescue once again* and they will probably cover those radiators I'm missing cause of EK. Cooler Master on the other hand is extending their sponsorship and they will give me some Jetflo and Silencio fans, and Vanguard 1000W Power supply on top of all of those peripherals I already got from them! And I'm waiting for a response to see if I will get a couple of SSDs, cause I only have 2 Intel's and I need 4 for this build.

This is just a text update, cause I'm hard at work to finish everything on time, and I really don't have enough time to process the pictures of the work I did and post them.. So you will get one BIG update when I finish most of the work!

Thanks Aetherial :)

Text update time :D

Great news all around today.. *Bitspower flying to the rescue once again* and they will probably cover those radiators I'm missing cause of EK. Cooler Master on the other hand is extending their sponsorship and they will give me some Jetflo and Silencio fans, and Vanguard 1000W Power supply on top of all of those peripherals I already got from them! And I'm waiting for a response to see if I will get a couple of SSDs, cause I only have 2 Intel's and I need 4 for this build.

This is just a text update, cause I'm hard at work to finish everything on time, and I really don't have enough time to process the pictures of the work I did and post them.. So you will get one BIG update when I finish most of the work!

Nice! Inspiration FTW, EK=crap Bitspower=good     Now if I ever decide to watercool, I will avoid EK.. unless they have the only component I need at a very outstanding price from the rest tbh... BUT FORGET EK!

I'm excited to see the result tho! Weird how alot of people have the money for expensive builds and projects :P

Had a little time to process some of the pictures and here is a "little" update :D

Main board and plexi backplates finally together :D

20150407125602.jpg

20150407125607.jpg

20150407125628.jpg

20150407125710.jpg

20150407125844.jpg

Pump holder and vent holes drilled trough horizontal boards

20150408185748.jpg

20150408185757.jpg

Some bolts, nuts and holder ready for painting (shoe box cover), and sadly not all of them turned out great, so I will decide later what I'll do with them..

20150411201503.jpg

And finally I started mounting things on the wall..

This is the first support board:

20150413163951.jpg

I drilled into the board so the nut won't stick out of it

20150413164108.jpg

And this is from the other side of the wall, where it doesn't matter if everything sticks out:

20150413164055.jpg

Light switch for my room was in the way of one of the support boards, so I had to make a hole for it (you can see that switch in my first design drawing)

20150414001132.jpg

And both support boards are in place and leveled :)

20150413220602.jpg

Freaking AWESOME. Sorry about that EK thing... sounds like they just want publicity  :angry:

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Freaking AWESOME. Sorry about that EK thing... sounds like they just want publicity  :angry:

Thanks, yeah I don't know what's wrong with them...

Are you going to paint the SSDs?

I'm trying to find another sponsor for SSDs and I will decide with them what to do to them :D

Thanks, yeah I don't know what's wrong with them...

I'm trying to find another sponsor for SSDs and I will decide with them what to do to them :D

Sorry, been awhile since I have been on the LTT forums.. maybe a few days xD And I just looked at the new updates, looks great!!!!!! BTW, what is the reason for different SSD's.. btw you will find ANOTHER sponsor for SSDs? Did intel sponsor your ssd's??? If so, don't get a new sponsor.. if not.. then go ahead.. and I have never heard of intel 300 series SSD's.. i THOUGHT there was only 500 series intel ssd's and 700 series intel ssd's xD Is the 300 series older :P? xD

Sorry, been awhile since I have been on the LTT forums.. maybe a few days xD And I just looked at the new updates, looks great!!!!!! BTW, what is the reason for different SSD's.. btw you will find ANOTHER sponsor for SSDs? Did intel sponsor your ssd's??? If so, don't get a new sponsor.. if not.. then go ahead.. and I have never heard of intel 300 series SSD's.. i THOUGHT there was only 500 series intel ssd's and 700 series intel ssd's xD Is the 300 series older :P? xD

No, those are some SSDs I have on my own, and I only have 2 of them and I need 4 for this project.. And 330 series is somewhere in the middle, they are not so bad :)

No, those are some SSDs I have on my own, and I only have 2 of them and I need 4 for this project.. And 330 series is somewhere in the middle, they are not so bad :)

Awe.. Ok xD    Now I think you should get sponsored SSD's :P

I surely hope that doesn't happen :D :D

"Hope..."? IT WON'T HAPPPPPEN!

When I was testing watercooling loop on project Cristal Toxin, I forgot to put a compression ring on one of the fittings.. It was a massacre :D

Good thing I didn't plug in any of the components and that I didn't dye the coolant.. So motherboard and case dried for a full day and everything worked properly when I installed the rest of the system :D

When I was testing watercooling loop on project Cristal Toxin, I forgot to put a compression ring on one of the fittings.. It was a massacre :D

Good thing I didn't plug in any of the components and that I didn't dye the coolant.. So motherboard and case dried for a full day and everything worked properly when I installed the rest of the system :D

Well guess what, tell your system that monaka25 said to fricin not leak, and that I'll go flame in replies of this topic if it doesn't! Lol 

Or.. Say Lolzers if I change my name soon enough.. so people don't think I'm a girl.. because that WAS once a common issue in games xD

More sanding was done and the new more precise SSD backplates are finished!

Also, Bitspower sent two 360 radiators, CoolerMaster PSU and fans should arrive by the end of the week, and I ordered Mayhems dye which should arrive next week.. All is coming together nicely, just need a couple of SSD's, but still no news about them :(

20150414235610.jpg

20150415003346.jpg

20150415003410.jpg