DayZ is coming to PS4

Jamdude

It's official, Dean Hall announced at the PlayStation conference at Gamescom that DayZ is coming to PS4.  It's a long way off but if you're a console owner who never wants to play on PC, DayZ is coming for you.

Yr8Wgsg.png

Developer Bohemia Interactive spent a few minutes on-stage explaining that the PS4 version of DayZ will be designed and optimized specifically for the system. Its engine code will be altered to ensure that it plays as console gamers hope it would.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/741959-gamescom-2014-dayz-coming-ps4

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Wooooo......

DayZ is not playable on pc (Hasn't been for a while now), yet they started development for the PS4.

Fucking scam. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

And yet it's not even fucking close to complete on PC

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Wooooo......

DayZ is not playable on pc (Hasn't been for a while now), yet they started development for the PS4.

Fucking scam. 

lol I came here to basically say this good ninja.

More platforms rather than polishing existing work to a standard that is even able to be advertised as non beta....

Wooooo......

Fucking scam. 

*looks at his 300+ hours accrued time playing Day Z on PC*

What game are you failing to play?

I'm not saying "it isn't buggy", but it's very obviously playable.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Oh good. A game so fucking buggy and broken on the PC being released as a beta is now being ported to the PS4. 

So who is beta testing for who? 

PC users? Thanks I guess? 

*looks at his 300+ hours accrued time playing Day Z on PC*

What game are you failing to play?

The one i never purchased because it's a scam.

It might be fun, but it's buggy as all hell and i honestly believe they have no intention of fixing it.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Fucking scam. 

The game is definitely playable on PC and has been for a long time.  The development on PS4 is starting once the PC version is finished.  Dean Hall said it would be less than three year until it's released on PS4 which is a year after it is due to be complete on PC.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Oh good. A game so fucking buggy and broken on the PC being released as a beta is now being ported to the PS4. 

So who is beta testing for who? 

PC users? Thanks I guess? 

Seriously? It says beta before you buy it, With a big warning telling you not to buy it. Lets buy into a beta game guys and then say its buggy and broken.. Like my god  :lol:

huehue.gif

Oh look, it's this post again. and again. and again.

Oh look, it's this post complaining about this post again. and again, and again.

tumblr_m2l20x3ZI01qaim6do1_500.gif

You say development for the PS4 version will commence after they finish pc?

Hmmm....

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

jesus why do pc gamers thing the world owes them a favor...if you brought the BETA version then you have no one to blame but yourselves if its buggy...the man has a right to make money off his creation and lets face it the ps4 will give him some of that.  did anyone even think that Sony probably paid them a fuckton of money to get this and with said money the studio will probably hire extra devs and speed the game along a bit

so short sighted

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

dayz on pc aint even near done yet. loads of bugs and they went for ps4?

so are they going to put it on ps4 once it is complete? because if that is the case, it wont ever reach the ps4 haha

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

This is just a bad idea.

It's bad enough that they've started over and over again. It's been fucking ages and the game is still in the "we have a lot to fix" period of development. Yet here they are, announcing even more things to do before they've chipped away at the amount of things they already need to do.

DayZ is a perfect example of a lot of what is wrong with gaming these days.

Do people even care about DayZ anymore? The hype died down months ago and most people have moved on to something that's not a train wreck. 

I honestly thought this was a big hoax at first. This is such a fucking joke and I hope Dean Hall ends up with a lawsuit bigger than fucking mount Everest (Pun intended).

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Do people even care about DayZ anymore? The hype died down months ago and most people have moved on to something that's not a train wreck. 

the steam top seller list still seems to care...

Honestly, DayZ will not be acceptable or playable until Dean Hall wakes up and realizes how shitty the Arma engine is.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

A non complete game that's barely worth being called a beta build being sent to a platform that is locked down to mods with console game retail prices. Eh......

As someone from /r/dayz so eloquently put it. 

Based on performance on DayZ and the power of a PS4, I'm assuming it's gonna get that cinematic 480p along with that silky smooth 20 fps.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2dcof5/dayz_for_ps4_announced/cjo7yp5

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE