The USA Vs. GTR Nuff Said

ddbtkd456

Here's the thing tho...that is your opinion...which is fine...but in my opinion....the gtr...is a perfect car....if it doesn't have a soul....then so be it...right or wrong its my opinion.

And in my opinion an outdated Alto can beat a GTR when racing the narrow back streets of Manila.

I'm a GT-R lover too, but AlwaysFSX has opened my eyes...  The GT-R is soulless, It's too predictable and everything that happens in it is done by a computer. They built a computer right into the dashboard. Sure, it's fast, but everything in it can be calculated and predicted easily. And yes, the fanbase is annoying, but then again all big fanbases are annoying if you think about it. (*cough* PewDiePie *cough*) Every time you compare a GT-R with a supercar the fans always go "Oh, but you can modify it to make it faster for cheaper". But some people don't want to go through the effort of modifying their car and just want the feeling of speed. And if the GT-R was meant to be a supercar with 700+HP it would have came that way out of the factory. That's why I prefer SKYLINES to GT-Rs. And no I don't hate muscle cars, I like the Viper SRT-10/ACX and euro supercars like the Pagani Zonda F Cinque and such. I'm not a pure JDM fanboy but I appear like one at times.

I'm a GT-R lover too, but AlwaysFSX has opened my eyes...  The GT-R is soulless, It's too predictable and everything that happens in it is done by a computer. They built a computer right into the dashboard. Sure, it's fast, but everything in it can be calculated and predicted easily. And yes, the fanbase is annoying, but then again all big fanbases are annoying if you think about it. (*cough* PewDiePie *cough*) Every time you compare a GT-R with a supercar the fans always go "Oh, but you can modify it to make it faster for cheaper". But some people don't want to go through the effort of modifying their car and just want the feeling of speed. And if the GT-R was meant to be a supercar with 700+HP it would have came that way out of the factory. That's why I prefer SKYLINES to GT-Rs. And no I don't hate muscle cars, I like the Viper SRT-10/ACX and euro supercars like the Pagani Zonda F Cinque and such. I'm not a pure JDM fanboy but I appear like one at times.

Hmm I still like the R34 Skyline over the gtr dont get me wrong however I just like the design of the gtr.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

The GTR is a pretty expensive car, it may be fast but it's looks don't match its price. I would rather have a Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series over the GTR, it's probably not as fast but in my opinion it looks better and sounds better.

$90000 vs $140000

gtr is also a bit more of a race car and not made of plastic like the Vette c:

No? $100000 vs $110000. Also, definitely not plastic.

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

But then you go offroad and the Škoda Yeti is faster :P

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Honestly i used to also think it was the 'best car'' for quiet a while. After i got into one. No refinement at all, it's engineerd really good but that's about it. I'm not hating on it whatsoever tho I LOVE the way it steers/accelerated etc. but it seem maybe too perfect while it isn't really the perfect car, besides it's kinda really uncomfortable. I would pick something like a California T over it anyday.

Interested in Business and Technology

Over rated car, no soul, annoying following, far from perfect.

its one of the best cars to ever come out of japan. its literally the only car i like that isn't manual. its suppose to be techy and clinically fast. if you can't get it sideways then you not driving it fast enough. it was £54k when it came out which is the same price as an m3 and is fastest the a ferrari 458 and an mp4-12c. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

IMO

american cars are made out of cheap plastic that cant turn cause of there ancient suspensions

Aussies are are meat and grind that will put a grind on your face if you power slide every corner.

europe cars are made out of titanium cause they are farken expensive

jap cars are made for techno kids thats love show off on how much they spend on their honda civic

lives on

BAKABT

Over rated car, no soul, annoying following, far from perfect.

Just like most american cars from the 80's till now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

GTR... Yeah, it's a great car, but I'd rather have M3. Or M4.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Well most supercar debates (arguments) involve people who have never driven the cars in question who will never drive the cars in question, arguing about how well these cars drive and how they feel...

(Also I love Top Gear but Jeremy Clarkson's opinion on a car is the be all and end all of a car discussion)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Well most supercar debates (arguments) involve people who have never driven the cars in question who will never drive the cars in question, arguing about how well these cars drive and how they feel...

(Also I love Top Gear but Jeremy Clarkson's opinion on a car is the be all and end all of a car discussion)

But he also spoke very highly of the M3 and Jaguar tho too.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

You guys get well....stupid...when it comes to cars: Next time you start praising an intel processors or a GTX 780 I'll tell you I prefer AMD FX 8350 and a 290x reference cards because it has more soul to it, it's a lot more raw power without control, all that excess heat and possibility of overheating makes it more exiting, is a true choice for a more passionate gamer.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You guys get well....stupid...when it comes to cars: Next time you start praising an intel processors or a GTX 780 I'll tell you I prefer AMD FX 8350 and a 290x reference cars because it has more soul to it, it's a lot more raw power without control, all that excess heat and possibility of overheating makes it more exiting, is a true choice for a more passionate gamer.

@Misanthrope *Slow Clap* Wow we got another hater....how about instead of posting on a thread just to hate on it you just read it and don't post on it and say you did? Don't hate on threads just to hate on them. Also I am not bias between Intel vs. AMD nor am I bias between Imports vs. Domestic cars.

But processors are all science, which was the comment of having no soul. Kinda like a Russian body builder has no sense of humor. Something like that. It's still awesome to admire, but yeah. The GTR is a Playstation with wheels. :P

Yeah fuck them Asians! Now let me keep posting away on my machine with 99 to 100% of it's parts made in Asia thanks to that stupid, efficient and precise engineering!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah fuck them Asians! Now let me keep posting away on my machine with 99 to 100% of it's parts made in Asia thanks to that stupid, efficient and precise engineering!

Actually you totally missed my sarcasm in that post.

But processors are all science, which was the comment of having no soul. Kinda like a Russian body builder has no sense of humor. Something like that. It's still awesome to admire, but yeah. The GTR is a Playstation with wheels. :P

Yet a lot of that same exact science comes in use regularly in arguably all of the top level competition racing, you really expect a massive fucking chevy to do well vs an indie car for example? The more technology the car employs the better it lets you push it to extremes, only drunken teens get impressed by loud engines that kill 2 gallons of gas before they even stop spinning and start actually moving forward.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Ehhh....this is getting off topic fast.

Just imagine this like a video game. There are the stunning visuals by the artists and story by the writers. That is what you see on the surface, it's what captures your attention. Now think of the backbone, the stuff the coders do. That is the entire point. Technical stuff is needed, no one is knocking that. It's just that some people prefer the artistic side vs the lines of code that made that game come together.

This makes sense..right?

Actually you totally missed my sarcasm in that post.

On retrospect I might have so let me make some edits.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yet a lot of that same exact science comes in use regularly in arguably all of the top level competition racing, you really expect a massive fucking chevy to do well vs an indie car for example? The more technology the car employs the better it lets you push it to extremes, only drunken teens get impressed by loud engines that kill 2 gallons of gas before they even stop spinning and start actually moving forward.

Agreed lol