The USA Vs. GTR Nuff Said

ddbtkd456

Yet a lot of that same exact science comes in use regularly in arguably all of the top level competition racing, you really expect a massive fucking chevy to do well vs an indie car for example? The more technology the car employs the better it lets you push it to extremes, only drunken teens get impressed by loud engines that kill 2 gallons of gas before they even stop spinning and start actually moving forward.

Let's compare imports to imports. One is a purpose build car that only has 1 goal that it was engineered for. To launch hard and destroy the competition. That is the Nissan GTR.

Now lets take the MX5 or Miata. This car wasn't designed to destroy anything, but to be a well balanced roadster to throw into the corners. That little car has a lot of character. This is not some drool fest over Chevy.

Ehhh....this is getting off topic fast.

Just imagine this like a video game. There are the stunning visuals by the artists and story by the writers. That is what you see on the surface, it's what captures your attention. Now think of the backbone, the stuff the coders do. That is the entire point. Technical stuff is needed, no one is knocking that. It's just that some people prefer the artistic side vs the lines of code that made that game come together.

This makes sense..right?

No that analogy does not work: A game is an artistic experience that tries to convey something. It uses a tool which is a computer, that accomplishes this with technology, cold and soulless technology.

A car however is NOT a tool you use for any sort of artistic endeavor.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Alright guys lets just end this....seriously...

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

Let's compare imports to imports. One is a purpose build car that only has 1 goal that it was engineered for. To launch hard and destroy the competition. That is the Nissan GTR.

Now lets take the MX5 or Miata. This car wasn't designed to destroy anything, but to be a well balanced roadster to throw into the corners. That little car has a lot of character. This is not some drool fest over Chevy.

So your argument is that a car should be well balanced for several purposes yet be good at none? It doesn't makes any sense it would be like me saying "Yeah that tiny ass F1 racer might be able to drive up the walls and upside down but can it pull 5 tons of wood through the mudd like my 18 wheeler? Fuck those tiny cars they have no soul!"

If I show you an apple I don't need you to compare it to a sandwich just because they both happen to be food.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The Nissan GTR is a work of engineering genius and the R34 was badass, do I get a cookie?

silvia9.jpg

I still want this...

So your argument is that a car should be well balanced for several purposes yet be good at none? It doesn't makes any sense it would be like me saying "Yeah that tiny ass F1 racer might be able to drive up the walls and upside down but can it pull 5 tons of wood through the mudd like my 18 wheeler? Fuck those tiny cars they have no soul!"

If I show you an apple I don't need you to compare it to a sandwich just because they both happen to be food.

Or the point was, one was designed to be a straight up monster while the other is something fun that has lots of possibilities?

The whole "soulless" bit is just something journalists got on with to give the car some kind of negative because it was so ridiculously good in measurable tests. Parroting that, especially without having driven one firsthand, is rather silly.

Engine - Handmade

Suspension - Gamers Inteference

Transmission - Handmade.

How does it have no soul?

It just doesn't really have anything "special" it Does what a sport car is suppose to do right , it does all of its turns right, its speed is right, everything is right about this car in performance wise, but it just doesn't have anything in it for passion wise, IF you want to see a passionate car than look at everyone else, Pagani's cars are very detailed in designed like if it was a piece of artwork , Lamborghini keeps its very pointy italian design with its very italian doors :P, Mercedes-Benz have good passionate car too (SLS AMG) , Audi has the R8 which it has the two air vents on the sides with the glass going over the engine on the back which you can see over head, The list goes on and on, but if you would to look back at the GT-R , its just a Sports car that has a already upped spoiler with 4 exhaust pipes, its just not that special in "passion"

Let me tell you something as a GT-R fanatic.

The GT-R is not meant to have a soul. Its meant to be a tool. A affordable high grade precision tool, for the driver to be the soul in the car. That is what makes it shine above other cars, that have some kind of "soul" and "life". Its not meant to be fast, its meant to move the driver fast. If you know what i'm talking about.

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

The Nissan GTR is a work of engineering genius and the R34 was badass, do I get a cookie?

silvia9.jpg

I still want this...

"Mine was promised a long time agoo :("

nissan-240sx-stanced.jpg

Lenovo/IBM ThinkPad T61 Widescreen 15.4" 1680x1050
Intel Core2Duo T8300 2.4GHz | 3GB DDR2 from Hynix | SATA II Patched bios (Middleton) | Samsung EVO 850
Arch Linux | Linux 4.3.X x86_64

The whole "soulless" bit is just something journalists got on with to give the car some kind of negative because it was so ridiculously good in measurable tests. Parroting that, especially without having driven one firsthand, is rather silly.

I think it's possible to be the best yet dead. The great and honorable Clarkson speaks once again on soul (specifically at 2:50)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPZSaHyZGQ

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

The only problem with muscle cars...

attachicon.gifgGoQdRe.gif

This can always be improved...

I think it's possible to be the best yet dead. The great and honorable Clarkson speaks once again on soul (specifically at 2:50)

Clarkson is spot on. There is such thing as over-engineering. It's perfect mathematically, but it isn't alive.

Sorry, cheaply made materials.

Also the zr1 is $111,600

the GTR is $100,000

​YOu are getting a hand made engine, better gas millage, and better build quality.

Did you really just correct me for just over a 1 percent inaccuracy on a price? Right after you suggested that the GTR was $90,000 and the ZR1 was $140,000...

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

Did you really just correct me for just over a 1 percent inaccuracy on a price? Right after you suggested that the GTR was $90,000 and the ZR1 was $140,000...

I didn't correct you, I corrected myself. Also, when the GTR came out it was a $90,000 and the ZR1 was right around $130,000

Anyways I hate crapvettes (no there actually good cars) I just can't stand being that close to the ground.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

not a fan of the new gtr. its missing a pedal. The r34 is a whole other story though.

IMG_9838-6-copy.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

not a fan of the new gtr. its missing a pedal. The r34 is a whole other story though.

IMG_9838-6-copy.jpg

Agreed.

The only problem with muscle cars...

attachicon.gifgGoQdRe.gif

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I would think that the muscle cars can corner even sharper due to the torque in the back end....also that clip that you quoted was Clarkson talking about Front wheel drive cars.

I'd say from experience that the FD RX7 is a purist car, rotary engine, very short turning radius, excellent handling and extremely unreliable engine but hell of fun when it's running.(10k rpm!)

2nd I'd say the Mistubishi EVO 9 is an excellent car, very subtle once the rear wing is removed, cheap compared to the GTR, can make the same power if built for only a few G's, handles like a rear wheel drive if the suspension and sway bars are tweaked as well as rear diff mod.(in the USA)

3rd Buy a MIATA!