Carey Holzman says some stuff about LTT.

TheSLSAMG

LoL, you can't have it both ways. Either he's a shill and doesn't speak negatively about products, or he's not a shill and does speak negatively about products. Its beyond absurd that he supposedly says negative things just to trick people into thinking he's not a "shil".

Carey lied, you are defending his lies. No way you have been watching Linus's videos for years if you think he's dishonest about his opinions.

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension. I'm not saying he's a shill or not a shill, I'm saying his videos make him seem like one [he might be, he might not be, I'm not saying for sure]. A shill can also speak negatively about a product to make people think he's not one, it's not absurd. And exactly which 'lies' of his am I defending? I'm not defending either of them, from what I see.

"No way you have been watching Linus's videos for years if you think he's dishonest about his opinions."

I have, and I do. The more I watch his recent videos, the more they seem like advertisements that skim over important flaws. All his videos just feel forced, in my opinion, as if they were scripted by a company paying him to say all that stuff.

Yes he is, and we've proven he is multiple times. Linus does talk negatively about the products he reviews. Carey claimed he never does and that he's not allowed to. Carey is a liar.

Linus has talked negatively about the product he reviews but IMO he's been very very gentle on some of the garbage he's reviewed before. At least that has been my impression with some of the products. Not many but still.

But anyway even if Linus was always honest and it's just his good optimistic nature that's making him do that, you can't get rid of the impression that someone who gets products may not be impartial. You can trust Linus yourself, I know I do for the most part. But there's this looming knowledge that his business benefits greatly from receiving products to review, and he probably wants companies to keep sending him those products. There's just no getting around that reality. I know that some people are naive and are comfy in that but there you go.

Also I absolutely DGAF about the guy in that video. He seems to have a very high opinion of himself.

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension. I'm not saying he's a shill or not a shill, I'm saying his videos make him seem like one [he might be, he might not be, I'm not saying for sure]. A shill can also speak negatively about a product to make people think he's not one, it's not absurd. And exactly which 'lies' of his am I defending? I'm not defending either of them, from what I see.

"No way you have been watching Linus's videos for years if you think he's dishonest about his opinions."

I have, and I do. The more I watch his recent videos, the more they seem like advertisements that skim over important flaws. All his videos just feel forced, in my opinion, as if they were scripted by a company paying him to say all that stuff.

Then why join the forums if all you are going to do is bash what he does? You will never convince me, or almost anyone else, that you have actually been following Linus with the junk you've been spewing. You're either Carey, or one of his lemming fans who made this account for no other reason than to bash Linus because the rest of us dared to stand up to Carey and his lies.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Then why join the forums if all you are going to do is bash what he does? You will never convince me, or almost anyone else, that you have actually been following Linus with the junk you've been spewing. You're either Carey, or one of his lemming fans who made this account for no other reason than to bash Linus because the rest of us dared to stand up to Carey and his lies.

I joined to tell you my disagreeing opinion, if you want to be close-minded about it be my guest, but stop replying to me if you're going to do that. I don't have to convince you just because you chose to classify anyone who disagrees with Linus as a "troll" or "Carey's lemming fan". After all, you're just going to discard everything I say because, according to you, I'm a troll, right?

I still don't understand why you think I'm on Carey's side, at all. Just because I'm against one thing, doesn't mean I'm for the other.

Edit: I know I will get asked why I was on this forum in the first place: http://boards.4chan.org/g/thread/43492305/linus-tech-tips-shills-getting-btfo .

A thread I created is slowly giving me *insert terminal disease here* from a bunch of fanboys. There are a few people who actually know what they are talking about, but not a lot.

@jmaster299, I agree.

I dont think the fanboyism is too bad except for one persons. none the less. atleast you have constant notification and someone is responding to your thread :)

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

I don't want to see people fighting with each other over this. No personal attacks or I will close the thread.

I've already exchanged emails with Carey and he says he didn't mean any offense by the comment, so perhaps we are collectively reading too much into this?

I don't want to see people fighting with each other over this. No personal attacks or I will close the thread.

I've already exchanged emails with Carey and he says he didn't mean any offense by the comment, so perhaps we are collectively reading too much into this?

Ok. :D

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

GET BACK TO YOUR NEWBORN AND WIFE MAN. STOP LOOKING AT THE FORUMS

See I am more about his attitude in general than the comment. He talked about you on last weeks techvet show and he didnt bash you or what you do he made mention you doing your own company and not with NCIX

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

oh gosh another Youtuber, calls Linus out on something. 

Its to bad the LTT community wasn't Linus's personal security. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Yeah... When I first got linked to the video, all I thought was; "This is it? This is what people are upset over?"

It is obvious that Carey did not mean any offense. Heck, he even said LinusTechTips is great!

I don't think this thread is much help to Linus and his team. I feel this thread accidentaly cause fighting among ourselves.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

technically what he said was wrong. he said that linus "overviews" products and when he says overviews, he means says nothing negative about them and hes wrong. linus has no problem with telling us if he has problems with a product or if he thinks its straight up a bad product :S

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

No, because he continued to bash you in the comments of his video. He repeatedly accuses you of being a paid mouthpiece for you sponsors and implies that people should not listen to anything you say because you are contractly obligated to say what you are told and not what you think. He also says that you and other youtubers like you, don't have any actual technical knowledge or experience.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

No, because he continued to bash you in the comments of his video. He repeatedly accuses you of being a paid mouthpiece for you sponsors and implies that people should not listen to anything you say because you are contractly obligated to say what you are told and not what you think. He also says that you and other youtubers like you, don't have any actual technical knowledge or experience.

Good thing Linus has you to stick up for him!! What a stupid and pointless thread. Fanboyism at its finest.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Who is Carey Holzman?  Seriously I don't even ...

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Who is Carey Holzman?  Seriously I don't even ...

He's pretty well known, in fact very well known, for building PCs and such.

Anyways, at this point, Linus and Carey have talked about it and he meant nothing by it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

He's pretty well known, in fact very well known, for building PCs and such.

Anyways, at this point, Linus and Carey have talked about it and he meant nothing by it.

I have heard of Tek Syndicate, Tech of Tomorrow, NCIX, Linus (and everything he has done in different forms) and various other pc related channels and never once came across this guy even by mistake.  To me if he says Linus is not critical of bad products and so on the guy has no credibility so I will never watch his videos.  Seriously the guy needs to zip it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Good thing Linus has you to stick up for him!! What a stupid and pointless thread. Fanboyism at its finest.

I'm not sticking up for Linus, I'm sticking up for myself because I trust the information I get from Linus. When Carey made the false claim that Linus gets paid to say only what the sponsors allow him to say, that implies that everyone who listens to his reviews and advice are idiots that are being duped by some paid corporate shill. Some of Carey's defenders have even come into this forum and made that exact claim based on what Carey said.

If Linus says they talked, that's great. But Carey still insulted every single one of Linus's viewers when he lied and said Linus only says what he is paid to say. He makes that accusation much more directly in the comments of the video. What he said was not true and it was wrong of him to say it.

I'm not sticking up for Linus, I'm sticking up for myself because I trust the information I get from Linus. When Carey made the false claim that Linus gets paid to say only what the sponsors allow him to say, that implies that everyone who listens to his reviews and advice are idiots that are being duped by some paid corporate shill. Some of Carey's defenders have even come into this forum and made that exact claim based on what Carey said.

If Linus says they talked, that's great. But Carey still insulted every single one of Linus's viewers when he lied and said Linus only says what he is paid to say. He makes that accusation much more directly in the comments of the video. What he said was not true and it was wrong of him to say it.

Glad I dont have the same logic as you. I have liked alot of things other people dont like.........doesnt make me an idiot. You are either really young or have a disturbing fascination with Linus. It reminds me of people that get mad when someone says something bad about Justin Beiber.............. I can tell by your posts you are genuinely upset that someone said something bad about Linus. Maybe Linus will give you a tshirt or some signed thermal paste or something for being such a loyal follower...lmao
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I think that Linus is generally very honest in regards to his experience and view of a product, but it would be dumb to take what Linus says as absolute and not look at any other information.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I watch both Carey and Linus. This may be true, or it may not.

At least he gave Linus a good rating. ;-)

Unboxing - you unbox a product and show its content. Talk about it a little too. 

Overview - you may unbox it as well. ​Here you show the features of the product.

Review - you spend a few days with the product, if not more. You tell how well the feature is carried out, the bad, the good, and the very ugly.

Being paid by someone is different. I never really seen Linus give a 10/10 to something. For example, the Fractal Case got ratted out so bad. He had complaints about the 450D, which were minor, and the person form corsair made arguments that defended corsair's case, which actually made sense!

Anyone agree? 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.