NCIX: N/A

Amazon: Coming soon

Here is our DIY guide on how to safely paint parts of your graphics card, RAM, and motherboard. Linus recently had to do this for one of our build guides, so he decided to make a vlog and show you guys the process.

yes! i got the first comment on it!

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Thanks @nicklmg you're awesome :)

I have to paint some parts on my new build so this came just in time. :)

Viewer number #1

Which one of you disliked?

Viewer number #1

Which one of you disliked?

me <3

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

I need this video.

Set sail for black and purple builds.

me <3

Troll%20Face.jpg

360p goodness! Thank you youtube processing.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Plastidip...good idea. I was thinking of painting the slot covers on my case red, and was planning on using regular spray paint. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

plastidip on a light bar might not be the best idea.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

plastidip on a light bar might not be the best idea.

because?

because?

transparency might not be good as usual paint 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I gotta say that it's excellent @LinusTech but if I had chose to paint my personal/client system I'd go the route of a more professional (wrong word) appropriate method of painting it. The cost of painting it properly would be a bother & the time required.

I believe when you were talking about the NZXT H440 with the custom Razer colour schematic that razer has an understated logo. I remember Nicko from Corridor digital associates & friends with Freddie Wong said

Check out on 12:30-13:00

"Making sure you have contrast between moments of quietness & moments of loudness" Makes it feel quite dynamic & I guess this analogy somehow relates to the design in a sense. 

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

because?

I have a bit of an idea on the whole "green not being dark enough" thing.

Why not put a light layer of black under the last coat or two of green? Should darken it up in theory.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Having only recently built my PC my main concern is getting sleeved PSU cables, and doing something about the ugliness of the internal header wires that's not ghetto electrical tape nonsense. I'd consider doing some custom paint stuff in the future though, changing up the color of the Dominator Platinums is a pretty cool idea. I wonder how well doing a CPU cooler might work but with all the heat it kicks off and paint probably not helping dissipation it'd probably be a bad idea. Cool video though.

I personally used to own a H440 and upgraded to sli 780s from a single Ti in order to properly drive my PB287Q. However I ran into MAJOR issues with the cards getting too hot due to the H440 not having the best airflow. Even with the highest fan curve possible i was going over 90c on the top card and 75c on the bottom one. And those are 780s, I cant imagine how hot those 290s will get after 30 min of intense gaming. I ended switching over to the 760T which was a much more adequate solution with really good airflow. The H440 really isnt a good case for non reference cards. The only two options if youre going to do multi gpu in the H440 is either blower cards or full watercooling. Imo if this build had watercooling involved that would have been really awesome as that would feature the amazing expandability options of the H220X linus decided to go with in this ULTIMATE build guide.Also green/black psu extensions would have looked really badass as well. I always get my custom stuff from FrozenCpu and they sell a huge selection of psu cables for decent prices and I think the ship to Canada as well.All in all still really cool video/ build none the less! :)

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System