Show off your latest purchases

24 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Gummy bears are awesome.  Even better when it is Haribo brand ones.  I wish though they had the gummy twin snakes.  Love those.  Though, the Ritter bar selection is not bad.  No where near the level of selection in Britain though.  I went nuts when I was in Britain on candy and that darn butterscotch ice cream (plus the cider, it was in season.  Also, pints are huge!).  I hope that next year I get to go either to Japan or Germany (mmmmm, more interesting food to eat).

Haribo gummy bears are very good.  

There's also a candy store near where I live that has more flavors of some other brand that's good too.   Like pink grapefruit, grape, blue raspberry, orange, etc.

Different countries can have some interesting food to eat.  ?

2 hours ago, Scitesh said:

I would recommend anything from the 600 series(open back) 

Would you recommend the k612 to a metalhead/rap enthusiast 

Looked at the frequency response curves of those hd600 series, i'd say both the K612 and DT990 have a flatter response. Especially the 612.

Metal definitely, they are not very bass-heavy though, but very tight. However the DT 990's and P7 have a more pronounced bass-hump on the curve.

But i'm not really sold on the build quality of the AKG. Both the P7 and DT990 are built much better. 

I'd say go for the DT 880/ 990 instead. Don't be fooled into thinking you can't run the DT990's off of a phone. I can run mine from my M8s just fine.

Another round with the Chinese, but this time a little smaller. SD 820 +4/64GB. Battery life is promising as it is a 3500mAh pack with a 1080p screen.

zuk-z2-3.jpg

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

2 hours ago, Kirrr said:

Another round with the Chinese, but this time a little smaller. SD 820 +4/64GB. Battery life is promising as it is a 3500mAh pack with a 1080p screen.

-snip-

Saw that on OzBargain (AU deal site) - my OnePlus One is doing fine with ROMs, but are you planning to leave it stock or ROM it as soon as you get it? Haha.. 

idk

8 hours ago, Droidbot said:

Saw that on OzBargain (AU deal site) - my OnePlus One is doing fine with ROMs, but are you planning to leave it stock or ROM it as soon as you get it? Haha.. 

Arrived yesterday. Already unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp and flashed a custom rom. xD

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

The collection keeps on growing:

Vinyl records
IMG_20170802_125500.thumb.jpg.857675d0dc50524ccb9890e80b1eb832.jpg
Left to right, top to buttom:
Bloodshed Across the Empyrean Altar Beyond the Celestial Zenith by Inquisition, Crimes Against Humanity by Irae, Back to the Kult of the Tyrant by QuintessenzWithered Shades by Ophis,  Pestilential Rites of Infernal Fornication by Weregoat, Halfvergaan ontwaakt by Wederganger, In Total Contempt of All Life by Azelisassath, Regression Process by Zolder Noiz, Personae Ingratae by Rope Sect, Hextapes by Lisa Cuthbert, Rouges Chapelles by Chambre Froide, Paralys by Wulkanaz, Run the Jewels 3 by Run the Jewels and ...For the Glory of the Damned by Hell Torment and Slaughter Command. 

Cassette tapes
IMG_20170802_130733.thumb.jpg.b2deb4ce560d512a3a2151fb521df9ce.jpg
Top to buttom, left to right
Vvitchblood by Bašmu, The Fall of the Kingdom of Eirfir by Nazgal Dracul, Death March by K.F.R., Geesten Van De Verlorenen by Vaal, Assemblage of Emanated Embryo by Necro-E, Putressència by Varklek, Seelenwinter by AhnenHammer and Filth Supremacy by Chaos Cascade. 

CDs
IMG_20170802_130938.thumb.jpg.96a1a1c008d287547d3c4b95c4572aca.jpg

Sleep Paralysis/La Mort Parle by Saturnian Tempel and Cannibal Coronal Mass Ejections by Jyotisavedanga.

So a great mixture of everything I love. A lot of metal, some death rock, some dark and ambient Celtic neo-folk and a bit of hip-hop. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

2 minutes ago, Volbet said:

The collection keeps on growing:

Reveal hidden contents

Vinyl records
IMG_20170802_125500.thumb.jpg.857675d0dc50524ccb9890e80b1eb832.jpg
Left to right, top to buttom:
Bloodshed Across the Empyrean Altar Beyond the Celestial Zenith by Inquisition, Crimes Against Humanity by Irae, Back to the Kult of the Tyrant by QuintessenzWithered Shades by Ophis,  Pestilential Rites of Infernal Fornication by Weregoat, Halfvergaan ontwaakt by Wederganger, In Total Contempt of All Life by Azelisassath, Regression Process by Zolder Noiz, Personae Ingratae by Rope Sect, Hextapes by Lisa Cuthbert, Rouges Chapelles by Chambre Froide, Paralys by Wulkanaz, Run the Jewels 3 by Run the Jewels and ...For the Glory of the Damned by Hell Torment and Slaughter Command. 

Cassette tapes
IMG_20170802_130733.thumb.jpg.b2deb4ce560d512a3a2151fb521df9ce.jpg
Top to buttom, left to right
Vvitchblood by Bašmu, The Fall of the Kingdom of Eirfir by Nazgal Dracul, Death March by K.F.R., Geesten Van De Verlorenen by Vaal, Assemblage of Emanated Embryo by Necro-E, Putressència by Varklek, Seelenwinter by AhnenHammer and Filth Supremacy by Chaos Cascade. 

CDs
IMG_20170802_130938.thumb.jpg.96a1a1c008d287547d3c4b95c4572aca.jpg

Sleep Paralysis/La Mort Parle by Saturnian Tempel and Cannibal Coronal Mass Ejections by Jyotisavedanga.

So a great mixture of everything I love. A lot of metal, some death rock, some dark and ambient Celtic neo-folk and a bit of hip-hop. 

Iv seen you post these for what must be years. Your collection must be insane at this point :P

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

5 minutes ago, Nup said:

Iv seen you post these for what must be years. Your collection must be insane at this point :P

I don't really have any current numbers, unfortunately.

My best guess would be that I have roughly 1500 records, 600 cassette tapes and around 2200 CDs.

To quote Charles Bukowski: "Find what you love and let it kill you".

6 hours ago, Volbet said:

I don't really have any current numbers, unfortunately.

My best guess would be that I have roughly 1500 records, 600 cassette tapes and around 2200 CDs.

To quote Charles Bukowski: "Find what you love and let it kill you".

Wow. Small as they are, that must take up some space! Went to family's house this summer and got to listen to some of their vinyl. It's pretty nice tech I have to say, very satisfying. 

2 hours ago, Nup said:

Wow. Small as they are, that must take up some space! Went to family's house this summer and got to listen to some of their vinyl. It's pretty nice tech I have to say, very satisfying. 

Do do take up quite a lot of space, but I luckily do have the room for it. 

Luckily, I'm also married to a person that'll accept a collection of that size. 

Vinyl is really intersting, although, I've never been one to claim that vinyl is a superior medium to CDs or other digitial audio formats. 

I just find vinyl to be a really intersting collection format. The same with cassette tapes. 

On 31/07/2017 at 9:29 AM, RooR said:

36"x18" Reflex lab mousepad

Why have I not had one of these before?

That sick mini itx system though. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I went from overjoyed to pissed in all of an hour. >:( My biggest purchase on myself in a while and of course the GPU is defective.

Tested it in the system in my sig, and another Ryzen one. Damn GPU artifacts and crashes the system under any load. Time for an RMA; hopefully I get a working card before Volta GTX 2080 is out. :/

Jo3rawR.png

zO4d93j.jpg

WeDt53m.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

52 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

stuff.JPG.db50d65d1febcf9c6b990499837c4def.JPG

Odd to see someone buy tea and tooth paste online, then I noticed it's a multi pack. Looks amazing value!

Hope that chair is comfy mate, rather jealous you get weekend delivery. That doesn't exist in Ireland.

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

We use to not have Sunday shipping, but Amazon changed that.  We always had Saturday in the states.  And, ya I take care of my teeth now after I had to pay a lot out of pocket due to a lack of dental insurance.  As for tea, I'm on a diet where you can only drink water and tea for most of the day.  I have to be on said diet because of a medication that auto-puts 30ish pounds on you and forces you to eat more.  Trying to cut out soda and energy drinks.  As for the chair, it's the best sub-200 USD gaming chair in that style.  It also vibrates. xD 

I have to take lots of care of my teeth as well. I'm a chronic grinder, unconsciously during the day, and especially in my sleep. I go through a nightgaurd/retainer every 6 months :P

I've also been cutting soda, mostly due to sensitivity here. I do like Green, and Rooibos Tea though; I grew up with them. Do try the latter if you get the chance.

Still awesome prices you have there on stuff; and very jealous of your delivery. We don't have an Irish Amazon, so need to use the UK one; and they refused to ship so many things to Ireland; especially computer components.

Even though they'll ship an LG one, but some brands not at all. :(

osv4FvU.png

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I just was too addicte to a game to care about brushing my teeth, plus it was a walk up 2 flights of stairs to the bathroom from my room.  Then I had a tooth collapse in the far back/bottom left collapse in the back.  Had to get a root canal then a crown.  That's like 2 grand out of pocket.  Ya, even after exchange rates most of the world gets screwed over with products.  I was adopted by an Irish family, and I'm glad they came to the US about a hundred years ago.

Oof! Sounds really rough! I have one metal filling in my entire mouth and lost one tooth when a hurling ball cracked it and the dentist bungled the fix. :P
Yeah even over here dental is super expensive; it's really that prevention is key. Hope you get it all sorted mate, and keep up the regiment.

12 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I have the crown on the 15th.

I hope it goes well mate! 

17 hours ago, Volbet said:

Do do take up quite a lot of space, but I luckily do have the room for it. 

Luckily, I'm also married to a person that'll accept a collection of that size. 

Vinyl is really intersting, although, I've never been one to claim that vinyl is a superior medium to CDs or other digitial audio formats. 

I just find vinyl to be a really intersting collection format. The same with cassette tapes. 

Does help, I can imagine ;) 

The format can be half the fun. Also since tracks can't be skipped listening to a whole album makes more sense. Loved the covers for the pouches, they get a lot of space and work when it comes to a big disc! 

11 hours ago, Valentyn said:

I went from overjoyed to pissed in all of an hour. >:( My biggest purchase on myself in a while and of course the GPU is defective.

Tested it in the system in my sig, and another Ryzen one. Damn GPU artifacts and crashes the system under any load. Time for an RMA; hopefully I get a working card before Volta GTX 2080 is out. :/

pressing f to pay respek

fffffffffff

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

21 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

pressing f to pay respek

fffffffffff

Thanks mate. Just my luck as well. Ordered to get it so I could enjoy this week off. Delivery was screwed, and my stuff arrived in a different country. Then when It finally arrives my GPU is dead. They're collecting it tomorrow, so much for the week and weekend off with the new toys. :(

I wanted to be able to upload my K95 Plat after taking it into get modded, but I can't justify the price to do it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Bought some stuff to spruce up the room!

IMG_0647.PNG

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM