Show off your latest purchases

2 hours ago, Kumaresh said:

Where I come from, the main brand I see people drink is "Mazaa" mango juice. This seems like an awfully small amount of juice. Every time I buy juice, I buy a few litres of different flavors.

Of course we don't Just buy one Bottle , we buy Like 10 a Week.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Well today is the day that my PAIN and suffering with my R9 280X ENDS!!

Here is my new Graphics Card :D The ROG Strix RX480 8GB!

54e7398a-52fb-4c30-a0b7-94f8b121db65.jpg

More photo's and benchmarks will be in by Build Thread :)!

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

My D33682 NIC just arrived.

I was kind of afraid that it wasn't going to work, because i paid soooo low for it, a new one is R$600, i paid R$130.

But as it turns out, it works perfectly.

I can't wait to buy the rest of the parts for my pfSense box, in the meanwhile i'm going to use the NIC on my main machine, just so it doesn't sit around.

58ed470d55280_CapturadeTela(21).thumb.png.08f2f8902f8173bef806ee831f8f1819.png

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

On 07/04/2017 at 4:20 AM, Quibiss said:

Had this on my wishlist for a couple of months, last weekend I said eff it and bought it. No regrets. Only problem now is that I want to continue building. But yeah, it's expensive. Took me ~12 hours to build it and I paid 160€, sooooooo the hourly entertainment to price ratio isn't too shabby I guess.

And then you accidentally step on a piece during night as you forgot to clear up before going to bed... :P 

Or you forget to put in a piece and you have to take the whole thing apart again...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

36 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I was kind of afraid that it wasn't going to work, because i paid soooo low for it, a new one is R$600, i paid R$130.

I can't wait to buy the rest of the parts for my pfSense box, in the meanwhile i'm going to use the NIC on my main machine, just so it doesn't sit around.

That's actually a pretty damn good deal even here in the states if I converted it right (something like 45USD).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

27 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

That's actually a pretty damn good deal even here in the states if I converted it right (something like 45USD).

Yup, it would be something like US$40-45.

You know, i've seen worse for bigger prices, like R$250, of course, its an older one (has the old Intel logo), but it looks like it was very well kept, very clean PCB, no rust on the ports themselves, it was a good score!

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Linksys DOCSIS 3.0 24x8 Cable Modem - CM3024 and NETGEAR ProSAFE FVS318G VPN Firewall

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Enlighten me, please. What is so special about this card? I would otherwise consider it average and nothing special. I think I have one in my spare parts collecting dust. I'm curious to know about it.

44 minutes ago, eatont9999 said:

Enlighten me, please. What is so special about this card? I would otherwise consider it average and nothing special. I think I have one in my spare parts collecting dust. I'm curious to know about it.

There ain't much to it really, other than the fact that it is a 1000mb (gigabit) instead of 100mb card and is one of the most recommended for making a pfSense firewall (which is what i'll be doing with it), even Wendell uses one on his guide on how to make a pfSense router. Very easy to set up as well.

Thing is, because its a gigabit card, they will charge diamonds for it here in Brazil, and getting an example in very good condition for such a low price was one hell of a score.

You should check your spare parts, if you have a working D33682, you could make a little profit!

33 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

There ain't much to it really, other than the fact that it is a 1000mb (gigabit) instead of 100mb card and is one of the most recommended for making a pfSense firewall (which is what i'll be doing with it), even Wendell uses one on his guide on how to make a pfSense router. Very easy to set up as well.

Thing is, because its a gigabit card, they will charge diamonds for it here in Brazil, and getting an example in very good condition for such a low price was one hell of a score.

You should check your spare parts, if you have a working D33682, you could make a little profit!

I have about a half dozen of dual port 10Gb cards in my parts drawer. I guess I would be living rich over there in Brazil. I threw out all my 100Mb stuff like 10 years ago. Crazy how this stuff becomes obsolete in the states but gold in other places.

1 minute ago, eatont9999 said:

I have about a half dozen of dual port 10Gb cards in my parts drawer. I guess I would be living rich over there in Brazil. I threw out all my 100Mb stuff like 10 years ago. Crazy how this stuff becomes obsolete in the states but gold in other places.

We are always behind in tech, our server at the job only has 100mb cards and switches, the network doesn't exceed 20mb either...

Technically not a recent purchase, but I found it under my bed after losing it months ago and thinking I accidentally threw it away. So, that's the same thing, right?

0IoWYQu.jpg

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Some highlights of my latest dumpster diving salvages.

Back left is a headlamp from the 60's, commonly called a miner lamp. The leather headstrap an power cable are wrapped around the battery box that you're supposed to carry on your belt. Found 3 of these, one of which was in its original unopened package. I gave that one to my father in law as a gift, he was really happy. Next in line are M/63 and M/65 gasmasks in their original, unopened packages. Front left is a Wallac DC 2 dosimeter charger (was in unopened package, had to open it to know what was inside because the box just says Wallac on it) and to the right of that is a Bendix CD V-742 dosimeter, anodized gold color. I found a couple of the gold ones and a handful of the regular yellow colored ones. Also found a couple flashlights from the 60's(in original packages of course, batteries for the headlamps(their dead, being over 50 years old, but i took them because they look nice IMO), and a few big steel spools of hemp rope. Not bad for the price of climbing onto my workplaces dumpster :D

20170412_170241[1].jpg

More cassette tapes!

IMG_20170412_163613.thumb.jpg.d9e45596e5288f9bbae5c9e53f257c67.jpg

Left to right:

Demo II and Live 8/8/2015 by Afkald and Insect Politics by Body Stress.

I also bought CCC by Body Stress, but the cover for that was way too NSFW to show off here. 

Essentally, two black metal releases "necro" enough to be noise and two releases of just plain noise. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

@dizmo 

It's here :D 

Old photo:

Spoiler

Rip Z3C camera... potato picture confirmed YQV00nD.jpg

Edit: It's my "new" laptop, an Asus UX302LA

Second edit: Here's a more helpful photo in the morning with slightly better natural lighting :) 

ztFq6Os.jpg

Mmmmm...everyone's favourite, dust magnet deep blue

@dizmo, @deXxterlab97, @tmcclelland455, @Captain Chaos Any better? Still kinda potato but hey, it's no where near as overblown...

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

@dizmo 

Rip Z3C camera... potato picture confirmed 

What am I even looking at tho

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, tmcclelland455 said:

What am I even looking at tho

Asus UX302LA ;) 

3 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

@dizmo 

YQV00nD.jpg

confused.. :/

12 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

confused.. :/

Potato picture which may as well not be there? :P 

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

@dizmo 

Nice!! How do you like it? I'm replacing mine soon as well, it's starting to blue screen more and more often..

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Nice!! How do you like it? I'm replacing mine soon as well, it's starting to blue screen more and more often..

In general, it's better than my old laptop...better keyboard, better (and much much much brighter) display, equally as nice trackpad, me rike a lot however there's one giant issue that I knew but didn't think it would be as bad and it's the downside to the seductive lid, the gorilla glass also seduces smudges, fingerprints and attracts dust like there's no tomorrow so...hey, at least there's a reason for me to be carrying my glasses that I never wear :P 

Silverstone Sugo SG09 for my pfSense box.

I originally intended to buy a CM Elite 110, but i decided it would be a better idea to get an m-atx chassis instead of m-itx, since m-atx H61 mobos are easier to come by. I can also fit a taller air-cooler on it. The silver Delta psu is going to look a bit weird on the front of it, but argh, who cares? I got primer and black paint, i'll just spray it.

And it fits on the shelf!

SG09-34View-01.jpg.03e07378bb839c7aa40851c191e07458.jpg

Just bought Playerunknown BattleGrounds, this is an amazing game

2 hours ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

Silverstone Sugo SG09 for my pfSense box.

I originally intended to buy a CM Elite 110, but i decided it would be a better idea to get an m-atx chassis instead of m-itx, since m-atx H61 mobos are easier to come by. I can also fit a taller air-cooler on it. The silver Delta psu is going to look a bit weird on the front of it, but argh, who cares? I got primer and black paint, i'll just spray it.

And it fits on the shelf!

Not gonna lie, I thought it was a dehumidifier at first. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler