What's something so overrated but not actually that good?

RainbowPee

Watercooling. It's nice and all, but it's just. not. necessary.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Watercooling. It's nice and all, but it's just. not. necessary.

@Jodomcfrodo would really kill you right now.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The Metric system is completely overrated

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Anything Apple or Bose.

:/

#herewegoagain

The Metric system is completely overrated

No. Imperial. The rest of the world uses metric.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Gaming PCs. My XBONE can play better games that look better than gaming PCs, the XBONE just has better hardware, it's not PCs fault. :/

gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8

1080p/60FPS

Kappa

Thanks, Ubisoft.

No. Imperial. The rest of the world uses metric.

That's why it's overrated. It's only truly better than imperial for laboratory measurements.

can i ask whats wrong with phantoms i plan on buying  in the 630 windowded for my pc with it being comparaded to adam sandlermeaning the old stuff is good but thew new is bad like billy maddison>anger management

Just all the 80 year olds on this website who want a "clean" boring case that belongs in an office hating on something that actually looks good. 

Cloud stuff, "it's the future"... Don't think so.

HP is overrated as hell, "it's not actually that good" tbh it's the biggest crap you can get in the pc world.

A friend of me worked in a pc store, and they had piles of notebooks, HP's, broken. He was like "put them in the oven! it fixes them" and most of them did really worked after being in the oven. For a couple of months...

How bad is your stuff if an OVEN fixes them?

We did this: 

Exacly the same notebook, but we had 13 of them. and we fixed 11 of them for a couple of months. After that, they needed a revisit in the oven, but after a second time, i think half of them were completely dead. Can't remember that part...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

PhysX. if I'm wrong, no one will care that I said it.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Just all the 80 year olds on this website who want a "clean" boring case that belongs in an office hating on something that actually looks good. 

Cannot agree more, get so sick of the fractal lovers.

milfs

LIES! they are the best i still "diggin" them :D

Let's agree to disagree

Cloud stuff, "it's the future"... Don't think so.

HP is overrated as hell, "it's not actually that good" tbh it's the biggest crap you can get in the pc world.

A friend of me worked in a pc store, and they had piles of notebooks, HP's, broken. He was like "put them in the oven! it fixes them" and most of them did really worked after being in the oven. For a couple of months...

How bad is your stuff if an OVEN fixes them?

We did this: 

Exacly the same notebook, but we had 13 of them. and we fixed 11 of them for a couple of months. After that, they needed a revisit in the oven, but after a second time, i think half of them were completely dead. Can't remember that part...

No i'm pretty sure it's Dell. They used BTX motherboards. At least HP used ATX.

PhysX. if I'm wrong, no one will care that I said it.

It's not as huge a deal as Nvidia touts it to be, but I love physics-simulated stuff in my games. Arkham City was a great example- it actually was pretty cool.

But, alas, one in a hundred games use the GPU physics- many games use PhysX, but not then Nvidia-specific tech. It's a viable alternative to Havoc, and most games use it. It's the hardware-accelerated stuff that's rare.

Cannot agree more, get so sick of the fractal lovers.

from the dictionary

"1970s: from French, from Latin fract- ‘broken"

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

It's not as huge a deal as Nvidia touts it to be, but I love physics-simulated stuff in my games. Arkham City was a great example- it actually was pretty cool.

But, alas, one in a hundred games use the GPU physics- many games use PhysX, but not then Nvidia-specific tech. It's a viable alternative to Havoc, and most games use it. It's the hardware-accelerated stuff that's rare.

i said physx, not gpu physics in general :lol:

No i'm pretty sure it's Dell. They used BTX motherboards. At least HP used ATX.

Dell made a lot of crap, but today they have some nice things. Not a lot, but at least they are going the right way, a bit... The dell XPS12 linus uses is actally quite good, if you see what it survived.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

i said physx, not gpu physics in general :lol:

I know, but PhysX is widely used- there are really two types of it.

Corsair, even though I have Corsair fans and a Corsair PSU in my system :S

Glock firearms. Overrated plastic garbage.

9x19 cartidges

Dell made a lot of crap, but today they have some nice things. Not a lot, but at least they are going the right way, a bit... The dell XPS12 linus uses is actally quite good, if you see what it survived.

Yeah, their AIOs are pretty good. I gotta get one for my dad to use instead of our old C2D Gateway system.

spam. you ever tasted that stuff?

Beats, Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E 7, XBOX One, Adobe Photoshop/After Effects, Facebook, etc

Windows

Try Linux people. Updatemanagment and security. What a breeze to work on.

I actually REALLY like Linux Mint. The only reason I won't get it is because my Favorite Game doesn't support Linux </3