What's something so overrated but not actually that good?

RainbowPee
  • Android

Bring it on faggots #shotsfired #iphonesarethebest #apple4life #ifuaintrichstophatin

can i ask whats wrong with phantoms i plan on buying  in the 630 windowded for my pc with it being comparaded to adam sandlermeaning the old stuff is good but thew new is bad like billy maddison>anger management

It's just looks more stupid than every Adam Sandler film ever. Get an H series.

Excessive attention to cable managment to the point of being unable to change a component without having to redo the entire wiring harness.

• Android

I agree, not that android is bad, but everyone sucks it off like it was the god of mobile OS

It is rather shitty in many places and ways

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Windows

Try Linux people. Updatemanagment and security. What a breeze to work on.

It's not that I don't agree with you, it's just that until Linux gets its driver and x86 incompatibilites sorted out, I am not going to be sold on using it as my main OS. Sure, it's a hell of a lot more robust, reliable, secure, flexible and stable than anything else, but it just isn't ready to be used as a main operating system. give it a few years and I will happily be your whooping cowboy on the LinuxPCMasterrace bandwagon with all my NerdRagegasms behind the stake that Linux will eventually drive through Microsoft's heart, but right now it isn't mature enough to kick their asses completely yet. It's just not ready.

It's not that I don't agree with you, it's just that until Linux gets its driver and x86 incompatibilites sorted out, I am not going to be sold on using it as my main OS. Sure, it's a hell of a lot more robust, reliable, secure, flexible and stable than anything else, but it just isn't ready to be used as a main operating system. give it a few years and I will happily be your whooping cowboy on the LinuxPCMasterrace bandwagon with all my NerdRagegasms behind the stake that Linux will eventually drive through Microsoft's heart, but right now it isn't mature enough to kick their asses completely yet. It's just not ready.

Yet another hypocrite

Bye LTT. That was an interesting journey on this board. At least here you see how not to do it. I'll go shaking my head about this place.

Yet another hypocrite

How are they a hypocrite?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Alienware, Beats, Noctua fans, counter strike

You're a few years late with the whole "give it time to mature" excuse. Linux is already taking a large hold on being a great alternative operating system to Windows. Sure it's driver support isn't the greatest, tho manufactures like AMD and Nvidia are finally starting to step up to the plate to support their hardware. Linux already supports a boat load of hardware out of the box, something Windows has been always terrible at doing. Once Chrome v37 hit's the stable branch I am kissing Windows goodbye from my main machine for a while. The way I see it is unless you play games consistently there is no reason to run Windows.

You're a few years late with the whole "give it time to mature" excuse. Linux is already taking a large hold on being a great alternative operating system to Windows. Sure it's driver support isn't the greatest, tho manufactures like AMD and Nvidia are finally starting to step up to the plate to support their hardware. Linux already supports a boat load of hardware out of the box, something Windows has been always terrible at doing. Once Chrome v37 hit's the stable branch I am kissing Windows goodbye from my main machine for a while. The way I see it is unless you play games consistently there is no reason to run Windows.

I tried Linux Ubuntu. Hopefully it sucks compared to the other distributions, because it was complete ****. It was broken and corrupted, it spouted errors every five seconds, installing programs was like going through a trainwreck(I've gotten a bit more used to the installation on Linux after installing Amahi on one of my old computers) and the interface was too much like OS X for me to like it. 

If Linux wants to be anywhere, it needs to have a larger amount of support games, and no, not wine, and needs to have drivers. 

I tried Linux Ubuntu. Hopefully it sucks compared to the other distributions, because it was complete ****. It was broken and corrupted, it spouted errors every five seconds, installing programs was like going through a trainwreck(I've gotten a bit more used to the installation on Linux after installing Amahi on one of my old computers) and the interface was too much like OS X for me to like it. 

If Linux wants to be anywhere, it needs to have a larger amount of support games, and no, not wine, and needs to have drivers. 

Not ready? It's completely fucking ready. It's been in constant development since 1991, more than can be said for Windows... The overwhelming majority of servers run Linux, not to mention of course billions of Android phones and now Chromebooks too.

It's so much better in so many ways than Windows...the devs actually care about good coding practices and portability instead of constant feature creep and bloat.

Honestly the only reason to use Windows right now is game and software compatibility. There are virtually no programs that do not have Linux/UNIX alternatives and the amount of stability you get as a result is massive.

I literally don't have to do maintenance on any of my machines except my Windows one. Windows is still in 1995 maintenance wise, and it offers no real advantages technologically over Linux and UNIX. 

inb4 GoodBytes rage

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Gaming PCs. My XBONE can play better games that look better than gaming PCs, the XBONE just has better hardware, it's not PCs fault. :/

HELL NO!YOU DID NOT SAY THAT!I DARE YOU SAY IT AGAIN!

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS is rock solid stable. Installing things on Linux is easier these days than before with all the software centers being used. Tho I still personally prefer using the terminal myself. Broke, corrupted, and error prone installs of Linux are 99% of the time caused by the end user.

Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS is rock solid stable. Installing things on Linux is easier these days than before with all the software centers being used. Tho I still personally prefer using the terminal myself. Broke, corrupted, and error prone installs of Linux are 99% of the time caused by the end user.

Whereas in Windows, it's caused by the subatomic-sized Steve Ballmer clone they put in the boot sector of every disk laughing too hard from spinning around on a large glass plate at 75MPH.

Wait, what?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Whereas in Windows, it's caused by the subatomic-sized Steve Ballmer clone they put in the boot sector of every disk laughing too hard from spinning around on a large glass plate at 75MPH.

Wait, what?

wut

did u just 

mindfuck us ?

wut

did u just 

mindfuck us ?

I'm not sure. That message just kind of flowed out. I think it was a sign from Dog.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm not sure. That message just kind of flowed out. I think it was a sign from Dog.

AWW HEELL NAAW I AINT GONNA BE MINDFUCKED IM OUTTA HERE

NZXT, CoolerMaster 212 EVO, ReviewTechUSA, PewDiePie, The Dark Knight Rises, Adam Sandler, Apple, iPhones, Popcorn, 1664 (the beer), The Last of Us, Avatar, XBOX 360, PS3, PS4, Xbone, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii U, ALL Pokemon games after the 90's, Religion, Fish eye lens, Instagram, Facetard, Twitter, BuzzFeed, Anime, Manga, JRPGs, Google Chrome, RedTube, Hot Cross Buns, The Beach, The Sea, Swimming in the sea, The Walking Dead TV series (Love the comics), Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, The Inbetweeners movies, Scientology, Morgan Freeman, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Mumford and Sons, Sylvester Stallone (Schwarzenneger > Stallone), Megadeth, The Hunger Games, Jennifer Lawrence and Superman.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

I tried using Linux on my machine and the driver incompatibility is exactly why I couldn't run it. With Windows, I have the driver, which means my CPU and GPU are not frying the hell out of the battery and I can easily run for 9 hours on a charge. In Linux, though, the driver wouldn't even install properly, it was glitchy and I was lucky to get 3 hours because of it. I also have a terrific paint program that Linux does not support, even with Wine. And I do actually game quite a bit, if I'm completely honest.

Once they get the compatibility issues sorted out, let's face it, Windows will die overnight(figuratively speaking) and because Linux is open-source, the NSA can kiss it's ass goodbye, which is awesome. If Windows "Nein" turns out to be another flop, I will switch instantly but right now I can't do it because of what I use my laptop for. I need battery and I need compatibility with EVERYTHING.

Yet another hypocrite

How does this make me a hypocrite? Clinging to Windows even though I know Linux is already vastly superior? Okay, fine then, you got me, lock me up and throw away the key. It's not about how awesome either OS is or isn't, it's about driver issues that AMD hasn't fixed yet. Ubuntu was a wash-out that nearly killed my laptop. I will happily pay the $70 for an OEM windows disc if it doesn't burn my computer merrily to a crisp. As soon as the Steam Machines come out, NEXT YEAR, AMD and Nvidia are going to have to get their asses in gear and sort out the issues because SteamOS is obviously Linux-based. Then I will switch. Windows is a burning ship and I want to jump off but the Linux life-raft hasn't been fully inflated and the Mac OSX speedboat is full of filthy casuals with tortured wallets. as i have said over and over again, driver issues are the only thing standing between me and wonderful, wonderful Slackware. Once that happens, I can finally become the hacker I have dreamed of being.

Gaming PCs. My XBONE can play better games that look better than gaming PCs, the XBONE just has better hardware, it's not PCs fault. :/

HAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDD