Toxic Envi - 1st Place at QuakeCon 2014

NavyChief

Whoa.

One tip though, test the system before installing water cooling components to make sure it actually runs first. :)

I am green with envy for your system though. :lol:

Gimme ples? Q_Q

What temperatures do you get?

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

I have only been running the system for a few days. So far everything is running smoothly and silently.

The CPU is running at 4.2GHz and the temps are at 27C.

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Apeiro - Fan Favorite Gigabyte Mod2Win 2016
BAWLS - 1st Place Dreamhack Austin 2016, 2nd Place QuakeCon 2016
Toxic Envi - 1st Place QuakeCon 2014
QuakeCon 800D - 1st Place QuakeCon 2012
Black and Blue 800D

I wasn't a fan of the green at first, but it works well now that I can see the build in full form. Congrats on the excellent work!

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

mother of god that is one LONG log

good job doe

Error: 410

Wow that is fantastic  :)

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Corsair fans? Why not have a more silent case with just as good if not better airflow with something else? Sorry but Corsairs are too loud and there are way better fans out there.

This is an awesome build looks great

ME LIKE

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Corsair fans? Why not have a more silent case with just as good if not better airflow with something else? Sorry but Corsairs are too loud and there are way better fans out there.

Even with a total of 17 fans, this rig is running almost completely silent. The fans are running around 800rpm and I cannot hear a thing. The temps are around 27C and all noisemakers (i.e. pump & fans) are almost impossible to hear.

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Black and Blue 800D

How did you make them silent but effective? Still new to fans but I understand they can be loud fans.

How did you make them silent but effective? Still new to fans but I understand they can be loud fans.

I have a couple of static pressure corsair fans, at 100% you can hear them, turn them down to about 60-75% they are basically silent

OAS || AAS || LLS

Basically, the Front Base unit is controlling the R4BE fan headers. All of the radiator and side fans (14 in total) are controlled off of the CPU header since it is the only one capable of PWM control. When the unit is cool, the fans run at a silent 750-800 rpm. If the CPU temps were to rise, then the fans would be incrementally sped up to compensate for the heat. In the past 2 weeks, the fans have never gone above 850 rpm.

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Black and Blue 800D

Sorry for not posting for a couple of weeks.

I spent the past 2 weeks preparing for and attending QuakeCon 2014 in Dallas, TX. The event was a large success and the case was well received.

This build was designed and built for the Classic Case Mod competition held at QuakeCon every year. This event draws modders from all corners of the globe and the competition is fairly tough. There are 3 categories (Classic, Scratch-built and Id/Bethesda-themed) and the entries included a wide-ranging variety of projects.

I came in 1st place for the Classic Case Mod category! I won in 2012 with my QuakeCon 800D build and I was a judge for the 2013 contest.

Now that the competition is over, it is time to sit back and play some games on this new build!! :biggrin:

Here are some photos of the completed project...

oLyxNlp.jpg

aRDz1pl.jpg

SMuHquu.jpg

yCT4zWx.jpg

uArabw7.jpg

jIwu8mV.jpg

NtRit3y.jpg

IGj66Bn.jpg

C2uV7i1.jpg

lQgmkJr.jpg

Monolithic 500D

Glorious PCMR

Black and Blue 800D

That is the sexiest thing that I have ever seen

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm not really a fan of the green on the case but I like everything else.

Love the green.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

This is by far the most sexiest (imo) build i have ever seen. i salute you sir! wow. this is just awesome.

• 3 weeks later...