Yet another Ubisoft graphics downgrade - AC: Unity

thewhitestig

Boycotting a puplisher because one of their dev teams can't make a good PC version is non sense.

You should judge every game independently and not by it's puplisher.

If they deliver on there promise and make a good PC version then buy it and if not then don't buy it this will directly effect the sales on the qulaity of each game.

Just don't Pre Order games and wait till it's released and see if they deliver on what they promised.

Physical Based Rendering/Physical Based Shading which means all materials have the exact real life values so they will react to light like they would in real life.

Just so you know the publisher often has a hand in the games development. Thinking otherwise is nonsense. That is why we have crappy games. Dev teams are experts at making games, bad games are pretty much always down to a publisher who knows nothing about making a good game changing it in some way. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Yep, the only reason I have Watch_Dogs is because I bought my GTX 780Ti and all my other rig parts during the promo for it. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought the damn thing. Not buying another Ubi game until some real quality happens. In the meantime, I'll be playing PS2 classics. Cuz that sure feels more "next-gen" than this crap.

EDIT: and the BS about no playable female characters OMG now you're bad at making PC games AND slightly if not totally sexist when it comes to the demands of your player base yeah that's cool

To be honest I wouldn't have bough assassin's creed anyway. I never really liked the game anyway. But Watch Dogs seemed like a really good game even after watching Totalbiscuit's first look of it. I think I can sum it up by saying that I installed the game and played it all the way through the story as fast as possible and then I uninstalled it after finishing. I bought the Season pass as well but I won't be playing any of the DLC, the game is not terrible but it's very mundane. I would rather sit in front of my PC googling crap then play watch dogs.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

To be honest I wouldn't have bough assassin's creed anyway. I never really liked the game anyway. But Watch Dogs seemed like a really good game even after watching Totalbiscuit's first look of it. I think I can sum it up by saying that I installed the game and played it all the way through the story as fast as possible and then I uninstalled it after finishing. I bought the Season pass as well but I won't be playing any of the DLC, the game is not terrible but it's very mundane. I would rather sit in front of my PC googling crap then play watch dogs.

Yeah I understand. I'm a bit more annoyed because I've enjoyed Assassin's Creed quite a bit. It's really a shame that Ubi has it on a yearly release schedule because if not there would be much more time for optimization and high quality ports. I would rather wait a few years for a much better game then have a poorly optimized one spit out at me annually.

Git Gud.

Yeah I understand. I'm a bit more annoyed because I've enjoyed Assassin's Creed quite a bit. It's really a shame that Ubi has it on a yearly release schedule because if not there would be much more time for optimization and high quality ports. I would rather wait a few years for a much better game then have a poorly optimized one spit out at me annually.

I agree if you look at other games that have a much longer dev cycle you can see the love and attention put into those games. Elder Scrolls and the Fallout series has a very long Dev cycle and those games have so much love and attention put into them. Yea I know they are glitchy as hell (Fallout) but that was so they could mod the game easily. The engine is utter sh*t and they need to change it though. Even the Creation Engine isn't that good. They should make an engine specifically for Fallout so they can get it right where they want it. As you could probably tell Fallout is my favorite game series of all time but yea those games are too good they need to release a game every 5 years or so. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

I rarely pull this card, but gameplay > graphics. 

AC games since AC2 have blown me away not by their graphics, but by their authentic worlds. Unity looks just as outstanding, and it's a new historical period to explore. 

I liked 1,2, and brotherhood.

Revelations was fun but not as good.

When I tried 3 it was decent, but I can't call it fun

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Here is a 15min long behind the scenes video of the engine of AC:U the game isn't downgraded at all.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/07/21/making-assassins-creed-unity-part-2-next-generation-technology

This topic should be closed or moved because it's neither true nor news.

RTX2070OC 

Dont buy it and they will change, buy the game and watch them continue to do this to PC gamers.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I wanted to buy Raindow Six Siege, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Splinter Cell Blacklist, but thanks to all the shit Ubisoft is playing, I'll pass and pirate them instead.

why cant people just not buy games like this, watchdog, the TC vegas. they will get hte fucking point. they will get the fucking point. either they stop this "omg its not nice for consoles" shit. or they will drop the PC platform. either way, we will benefit from it. it will make them realise they will loose to much and they will stop the Console cant keep up shit.

Fuck ubisoft. cocksuckers.....

why cant people just not buy games like this, watchdog, the TC vegas. they will get hte fucking point. they will get the fucking point. either they stop this "omg its not nice for consoles" shit. or they will drop the PC platform. either way, we will benefit from it. it will make them realise they will loose to much and they will stop the Console cant keep up shit.

Fuck ubisoft. cocksuckers.....

Why not? read the comments, there is many people here supporting it, and the % is even higher on other websites.

Please no one buy this game and do not buy Far Cry 4 either. It will show the publishers of every game that enough is enough. If they get away with it again then they will keep this process of capitalising on every part of the game as much as possible. And that will be terrible. I am boycotting Far Cry 4 even if I want to get it I won't, I refuse to buy anymore Ubisoft games until they stop this sh*t. And that goes for any other game dev that keeps screwing over their games. There are very few publishers that don't do this but luckily the ones that don't also make really good games. Funny how that works.

I'm boycotting Ubisoft games because of uPlay anyway.  I won't ever buy a game that requires me to use uPlay. Even if I get a Ubisoft game from somewhere for free, I won't play it. I'll play a pirated version instead, the experience is better.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I rarely pull this card, but gameplay > graphics. 

AC games since AC2 have blown me away not by their graphics, but by their authentic worlds. Unity looks just as outstanding, and it's a new historical period to explore. 

i agree on the gameplay over graphics but nice graphics do make a game alot better to me atleast 

a game can look good and  be crap 

and be good but look like crap

both suck but the second is better why cant we have both.

TBH the reason i dont buy and ubisoft games is because i paid to have a better experience both gameplay and graphics wise and when both are compromised thats when i draw the line

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Can someone point out to me where this 'downgrade' is? It looks pretty nice. Is there even previous game play that looks better to compare this to? You're all so quick to jump on the hate wagon when there's not even anything to hate.

@thewhitestig

@LukaP

@tmcclelland455

@sqwidee

@kuddlesworth9419

@dragosudeki

You're all retarded... this forum sometimes, I swear it's filled with children.

Remember. Graphics is a number. Just like Inferior performance is a number.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Can someone point out to me where this 'downgrade' is? It looks pretty nice. Is there even previous game play to compare this to? Your all so quick to jump on the hate wagon when there's not even anything to hate.

@thewhitestig

@LukaP

@tmcclelland455

@sqwidee

@kuddlesworth9419

@dragosudeki

You're all retarded... this forum sometimes, I swear it's filled with children.

*You're.

And seriously. Don't call us retarded. You fuck with one of us, you fuck with all of us. Especially me. I have minions.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

*You're.

And seriously. Don't call us retarded. You fuck with one of us, you fuck with all of us. Especially me. I have minions.

I typed it out quickly and I didn't check it before I posted, but sure focus on that instead of actually showing me where the downgrades are in the AC: Unity video.

I typed it out quickly and I didn't check it before I posted, but sure focus on that instead of actually showing me where the downgrades are in the AC: Unity video.

Not even the graphics. Without even looking at the video you know that it will probably suck at launch and be buggy as all hell. Don't bother replying, since you're on my ignore list now, so I won't even see it if you do. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Looks pretty nice, for what it is... it's not the best looking game but that to me is a non-issue.

I'm only half heartedly interested in AC games, as long as its not broken at release then I'll be a happy camper.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Ah... the good ol' I can't reply to that with facts so I'll make things up and then put you on ignore.

It's Ubisoft. They downgrade all of their games after an E3 showcase. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

They did it once, I'm not saying it won't happen again but it's a bit early to be condemning all of their games.

Your right they probably will but there is no evidence that it has happened yet so your all complaining about a future possibility that may or may not occur, its just silly really. I believe it will be downgraded (I hope it won't) but that is an irrelevant point.

Think the only things we can take graphically from those videos is that

A  The AA issues probably show the game in a console environment

B  That video is compressed to shite.

Any game could be made to look like it has had a downgrade with poor compression. That fault could still rest on Ubisoft or perhaps Gamespot for doing a poor upload.