Smoke in your eye

seiny

That's a good thing keep it up, I don't believe smoking to be alright in fact I intend to quit one day, definitely can't smoke the rest of my life.

Come on really

This is off-topic, I didn't come looking for advice, just sharing a thought.

You asked for thoughts on it, I was giving you thoughts on smoking in general. It is related. 

I'll just let you slowly kill yourself then!

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Have you tried it yourself?

No, but logic dictates that it should work. :P It blows smoke away so....

yes, but you'll get used to it over time, until then use g&g's no more tears for your pu**sy a$$ eyes...

Details separate people.

So apart from shaming this dude for smoking - which is entirely his own choice -

BULLSHIT! And let me tell you why. Smoking is a killer addiction. You don't just say "that's his choice" to someone harming himself, unless you are one of those assholes that think people should just die if they don't know any better.

But even if you are the kind of guy that thinks everyone should be responsible for their own actions, I am still calling bullshit. It may be his choice that he is smoking but what about the smoke that comes to anyone else while he is smoking? They didn't choose shit.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I have no idea why, in the 21st century, anyone would start smoking. :rolleyes:

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

vape

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

BULLSHIT! And let me tell you why. Smoking is a killer addiction. You don't just say "that's his choice" to someone harming himself, unless you are one of those assholes that think people should just die if they don't know any better.

But even if you are the kind of guy that thinks everyone should be responsible for their own actions, I am still calling bullshit.

You don't help someone to quit smoking by making them feel bad and ashamed about themselves.

Of course I'd rather people stopped smoking, but I'm not going to force that on them; the only way smokers will quit, is if they make that choice themselves.

It may be his choice that he is smoking but what about the smoke that comes to anyone else while he is smoking? They didn't choose shit.

Not even related. It's much simpler (and temporary) to choose not to smoke, or smoke elsewhere, when there are people around.

People actually do choose shit. Avoiding smokers these days is easier than not avoiding smokers, with more and more countries imposing bans on smoking in public areas.

Anyone would comply to a simple "Could you please not smoke inside" versus "SMOKING IS BAD YOU NEED TO QUIT SMOKING ITS GROSS AND UNHEALTHY"

-snip-

Smoking bans don't do crap. I'm still subjected to smoke whenever I walk down the street or am waiting for a bus.

You are telling me people choose to stay near a smoker? What? Seriously what?

You are saying that multiple people just get the fuck out of there because Mr. Important over there wants to have a little smoke... How about we call him to take that cigarette and stick it up his bum!

I hate this attitude of "not telling people their wrong in their face, so they don't get offended". No wrong will be made right if you do not call it out. And you call it out sternly, not in a wishy washy way.

You go out and say to them "Fuck your life style, and fuck your freedom of choice, YOU ARE JUST WRONG!"

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I hate it when lighting a cigarette and the smoke goes in your eye. Your thoughts?

interesting how much hate for smokers goes around. well i do smoke (about 2-3 pack a week) and i hate that also not only that but i might be also doing something wrong when snipping the ash off as it tends to breaks into millions of ashdust pieces instead of one solid piece like i see people do and that really annoys me. i always got ashdust everywhere :/. if someone as much as tries to say something stupid to me about stoping to smoke, let there be said i have my reasons you dont know my life fuck off... but seriously belief it or not i do it half because i like it and half because of health reasons. not that it would concern anyone but i got nerve damage and smoking is a way better way to relax them than taking pils all the time wich dont work anyway. i would much rather smoke weed for it but its not legal here yet so i do it just occasionally

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Smoking weed is okay but not smoking cigarette.

tell that to the fucking politics i dont make the rules 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Smoking bans don't do crap. I'm still subjected to smoke whenever I walk down the street or am waiting for a bus.

Well Boohoo the smell doesn't stay if you're outside anyway.

I never get smoke in my eyes but everybody else seems to have this problem.

Solution: learn how to smoke :D

Well Boohoo the smell doesn't stay if you're outside anyway.

I never get smoke in my eyes but everybody else seems to have this problem.

Solution: learn how to smoke :D

Learn how to smoke? Can you be so stupid??

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Smoking is bad4u

No seriously try e-cigs/shisha pens, I like them way better and they should be healthier

Except that they're not. A recent study proves this.  You can find it somewhere on the DNews Channel.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Then idk what to say because where I live they're very effective.

Even if I'm outside and someone's smoking, it doesn't affect me at all, since it really doesn't linger that much. Especially if you can ask these people to keep their distance from you.

You are telling me people choose to stay near a smoker? What? Seriously what?

On most occasions. If I go to friends that smoke, it is my choice. I know they smoke. I still go over. I politely ask them to smoke outside when I'm there. They comply. No harm done.

You see someone smoking outside, and somehow the smoke gets to you. You can either ask them to keep their distance or create the distance yourself. It really isn't that hard.

And on the premise of public smoking bans actually doing what they're there for, that rules out almost all smokers you'll encounter anyway.

You are saying that multiple people just get the fuck out of there because Mr. Important over there wants to have a little smoke... How about we call him to take that cigarette and stick it up his bum!

Wrong. I am saying that "Mr. Important" gets out if he wants a smoke that badly. As per my previous point.

I hate this attitude of "not telling people their wrong in their face, so they don't get offended". No wrong will be made right if you do not call it out. And you call it out sternly, not in a wishy washy way.

You go out and say to them "Fuck your life style, and fuck your freedom of choice, YOU ARE JUST WRONG!"

Yes and no. There is no such attitude here. I am all for telling people what I think they do wrong, but it is not up to others to tell them how to live their lives. They need to figure that out by theirselves.

Dont smoke. Seriously its just bad for everyone, theres no exception. Doesnt even taste well...

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Except that they're not. A recent study proves this. You can find it somewhere on the DNews Channel.

That may be true for e-cigs, but shisha pens are almost harmless (I think)

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

That may be true for e-cigs, but shisha pens are almost harmless (I think)

No, they're not. Do some research.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

they should be healthier

Stabbing my hand with a needle that has ebola on it is healthier than immediately jumping in to a volcano, doesn't mean it's good.

This forum is a no-smoking zone. Please leave.  <_<

To bad Linus smokes :P 

I hate it when lighting a cigarette and the smoke goes in your eye. Your thoughts?

It happens to me when I smoke a cigg, I just close my eyes hard and wait for it to go.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

He wouldn't be this popular if he did :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It happens to me when I smoke a cigg, I just close my eyes hard and wait for it to go.

I found that actually opening the eye helps it clear out faster

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

A lot of people get smoke in their eyes and I don't.. so probably they're doing it wrong.

It normally never really happens to me, lately it's been happening a bit too often, I think it's got to do with airflow in the area you're smoking in.